1 1
brenthutch

Firearm salesman of the century

(edited)
15 minutes ago, markharju said:

I only know about Washington. I don't know about other states. It (the .223) is considered inhumane, and I agree with this. I believe there are much better rounds for dropping Bambi...

No doubt, but to say those calibers are unavailable on the AR platform is incorrect, the 6.5 Grendel is a fine round for deer, black bear and feral pigs.

Edited by brenthutch

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No doubt, but to say those calibers are unavailable on the AR platform is incorrect, the 6.5 Grendel is a fine round for deer, black bear and feral pigs.

That is interesting and informative; however, the thread was about illegal gun-grabbing by a Biden Administration.

Just now, markharju said:

That is interesting and informative; however, the thread was about illegal gun-grabbing by a Biden Administration.

And about how it's as real as all the bluster about how Obama was going to grab all your guns.  It's very easy to manipulate right wingers via fear, and gun manufacturers know this.

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

And about how it's as real as all the bluster about how Obama was going to grab all your guns.  It's very easy to manipulate right wingers via fear, and gun manufacturers know this.

Then what are all those libs and leftists doing by making all those first-time purchases? Are they mindless rednecks who have been manipulated by the NRA too?

(edited)
59 minutes ago, billvon said:

Sorry Bill, that tired old stereotype won’t work.  Especially since >40% are first time buyers with lots of women and minorities in that group.  
BTW Obama was rendered toothless after squandering all of his political capital on Obamacare.  If history is any guide, Republicans will retain control of the Senate and the Democrats will loose the house in the midterms rendering Biden equally feckless with regard to gun control.  If not we still have the SC.

Edited by brenthutch

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Wrong on many levels.  First, The .223 Remington is a rifle cartridge, originally developed in 1957 as a commercial hunting bullet for small mid-western varmints; with the first rifle chambered for it coming out in 1963. It has continued to be a popular civilian hunting cartridge.  The 5.56 is a slightly modified .223 in fact they can be used interchangeably in most rifles.  The.223 Wylde splits the difference.

Second, the AR platform can accommodate a variety of calibers barrel length and optics by swapping out the upper receiver.  From the modest .22lr to the massive .510 Winchester Short Magnum. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AR_platform_cartridges

Self serving bullshit. I may be a snowflake libtard but I know hunting and hunting guns. .22X guns are inappropriate for any game animals you want to drop with one shot. You might be able to justify a .243 Winchester or a .257 Roberts for close range Antelope or farmland Blacktails but if you are serious about confirming your kill you need more hitting power. I hunted Bull Elk for 10 years and went 10 for 10 using a Ruger M77 in 7MM Remington Magnum. Never had to track one unlike others who thought smaller caliber guns would do the job. The AR-15 Platform is not a hunting gun.

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That is just simply not true (the third part that is;))

https://www.range365.com/best-ar-rifles-for-big-game-hunting/

The problem with semi auto is that the only thing auto is the second shot. If you are hunting critters that do not shoot back a bolt action rifle is best, a lever action is second best. Semi auto is never needed except to compensate for poor marksmanship. I also once was big on waterfowl hunting. Big as in I belonged to two clubs so I could get in the morning shoot and the evening shoot. For years I used a single shot Savage 12 gauge. Never had a problem. Sorry man, but military looking bad ass guns are not required for hunting.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The problem with semi auto is that the only thing auto is the second shot. If you are hunting critters that do not shoot back a bolt action rifle is best, a lever action is second best. 

In your opinion.  Here are some more hunting ARs.  
https://www.fieldandstream.com/best-ar-style-rifles-hunting-personal-defense/

BTW, if you are trying to eradicate a passel of crop destroying, feral pigs, nothing beats a semi automatic with a high capacity magazine.

Edited by brenthutch

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

In my opinion if you need or anticipate the need for a second shot at whatever animal, except armed humans, you are trying to kill then you need some more range time and an attitude adjustment. The reason I quit hunting was because of guys that couldn't show enough respect for what they were hunting to learn to kill with one shot. My last day I was heading out for an evening duck hunt and before I made it to my blind my dog had picked up a limit-again. Not my sport, I thought.

That is your choice and I understand and respect it.  (I haven’t been hunting for more than twenty years) However Americans are voting with their wallets and ARs of all stripes, are sold before they are even made.  Even VERY high end ARs ($2k+) can not be found.  With a COVID vaccine being distributed, and civil unrest on the decline the only reason left for the record breaking gun sales, is the impending inauguration of the Biden administration and his promise to infringe on our right to bear arms.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, timski said:

Incorrect, it's used to "hunt" Homo sapiens. Am I wrong?

It is a versatile tool and can be used for many things.  Unlike handguns which are almost exclusively used to shoot Homo Sapiens.  ( Folks hunt game with ARs nobody hunts game with a Glock.)

70% of firearm deaths are from pistols, 8% from shotguns and rifles of all types.  You tell me which platform is used to “hunt Homo sapiens”

Edited by brenthutch

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Sorry Joe is right here. Sure you can hunt deer if you handload a good bullet. But anything under a .270 is a compromise and you know it.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

BTW, if you are trying to eradicate a passel of crop destroying, feral pigs, nothing beats a semi automatic with a high capacity magazine.

I'm sorry but even though you're right its legal in only one or two states. It should be illegal and its disgusting. No self respecting sportsman shoots animals after pursuing them with a helicopter, vehicle, etc.  Its not sporting, fair and nothing paints hunters in a worst light.

For the uninitiated none of the pigs shot from a helicopter are retrieved for food. There are commercial trappers that trap live pigs for commercial meat sale.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It is a versatile tool and can be used for many things.  Unlike handguns which are almost exclusively used to shoot Homo Sapiens.  ( Folks hunt game with ARs nobody hunts game with a Glock.)

70% of firearm deaths are from pistols, 8% from shotguns and rifles of all types.  You tell me which platform is used to “hunt Homo sapiens”

So you're in favor of banning handguns because of their inherent danger and misuse? What about the .454, .50 cal hunting revolvers?

You make good points in the gun debate. But not in this thread. AR's see 99.9 percent of their use in the US shooting steel, plinking, etc. with almost no hunting.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

So you're in favor of banning handguns because of their inherent danger and misuse? What about the .454, .50 cal hunting revolvers?

You make good points in the gun debate. But not in this thread. AR's see 99.9 percent of their use in the US shooting steel, plinking, etc. with almost no hunting.

We are getting bogged down in the details of which guns are used for what. My main point stands; Joe Biden has taken the crown, cape and scepter from Obama, and is now the undisputed Gun Salesman of the Century.  

Edited by brenthutch

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

We are getting bogged down in the details of which guns are used for what. My main point stands; Joe Biden has taken the crown, cape and scepter from Obama, and is now the undisputed Gun Salesman of the Century.  

Nope. We're getting bogged down in the details of why some guns are used for anything at all. Every last one of the AR-15 weapons in the Field and Stream Article have no practical use for a serious hunter who also prides themselves on their marksmanship. The real truth about their appeal is revealed in this quote from the review of the Mossberg MMR Pro "The rifle features a trigger designed by the fastest gun alive—Jerry Miculek—that’s crisp, with a creep-free break, and is even user adjustable for over-travel." Boy, don't that give a guy a chubby!

The reality is they are over priced, dumb for hunting and poor self defense weapons unless you believe in the Zombie Apocalypse. 

38 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Since that's not a goal of either Obama or Biden, but instead a serendipitous (for some ideological, political, and business, entities), that it's a great indicator of others' willingness to be manipulated and fear-mongered.

That Obama and/or Biden don't stop it somehow, well, they have to initiate, and then it's up to the gun lobby et. al. to react -- there's always a way to duck and come back. Kind of like some arguments on SC.

Wendy P.

15 minutes ago, wmw999 said:
46 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Nope. We're getting bogged down in the details of why some guns are used for anything at all. Every last one of the AR-15 weapons in the Field and Stream Article have no practical use for a serious hunter who also prides themselves on their marksmanship. The real truth about their appeal is revealed in this quote from the review of the Mossberg MMR Pro "The rifle features a trigger designed by the fastest gun alive—Jerry Miculek—that’s crisp, with a creep-free break, and is even user adjustable for over-travel." Boy, don't that give a guy a chubby!

The reality is they are over priced, dumb for hunting and poor self defense weapons unless you believe in the Zombie Apocalypse. 

In your opinion Joe.  When it comes to a comprehensive review of a type of firearm, I’m going to have to go with Field and Stream.  

26 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Kind of like some arguments on SC.

Oh hum.....Who really cares what is motivating the weapons worshiping crowd to spend more of their hard earned USD on even more hardware? They can only use one at once and the harm of having so many in the hands of those who would misuse them is already done.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Oh hum.....Who really cares what is motivating the weapons worshiping crowd to spend more of their hard earned USD on even more hardware? They can only use one at once and the harm of having so many in the hands of those who would misuse them is already done.

That argument doesn’t hold water considering 40% of gun purchases are going to first time buyers.  Not to mention, if Biden is able to follow through with his campaign promises, the value of existing ARs will skyrocket.

Edited by brenthutch

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That argument doesn’t hold water considering 40% of gun purchases are going to first time buyers.  Not to mention, if Biden is able to follow through with his campaign promises, the value of existing ARs will skyrocket.

Not sure if it's okay to post memes, but here goes...

more.jpg