airdvr

Gotcha media snags a Harvard grad

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

So tell me your truth.  Is it more important that the meme is incorrect v. the guy was assaulted?

And after that, what is more important, that guy getting assaulted or your president grabbing women by the pussy and purposely walking in on underage women in change rooms?

Or do I need to find a meme or picture before you can judge?

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

So tell me your truth.  Is it more important that the meme is incorrect v. the guy was assaulted?

What is more important than this man being assaulted is all the lies/memes/whatever posted all over social media, and the lack of interest in those reading them in knowing that they are false, as long as they align with the reader's preference/bias. 

10 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

No - what's important is that they prove a conservative wrong.

I don't remember anyone but you stating how horrible it was that the guy was beaten and kicked. 

Had to be a reason right - he must have been conservative, right?  so that makes it ok.

We'll just gloss over the animalistic nature of the beating and kicking - lets focus on the meme that said he was dead.  Lets still focus on it - regardless of the intent of the perpetrator, regardless that the OP corrected himself.

It makes me sick.

So...you pluck these "leftist thoughts" out of thin air, feel sick about these reasons you just completely made up, and then comfort yourself that you're a centrist?

Someone's living rent-free in your head making you sick, and it's yourself.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, olofscience said:

So...you pluck these "leftist thoughts" out of thin air, feel sick about these reasons you just completely made up, and then comfort yourself that you're a centrist?

Someone's living rent-free in your head making you sick, and it's yourself.

Out of thin air?

No.

Out of experience.

Besides - when the posters here are as far left as they are - it doesn't take much to be more centrist than them.

At least I can say I try . . .

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Out of thin air?

No.

Out of experience.

Experience? Not from here I think.

You're bringing that experience into a random internet forum and pushing it onto people who have had nothing to do with it and you're so sure you can read their minds.

You have a lot of anger and I think a random internet forum is not the place for that, professional therapy would help you a lot more.

Edited by olofscience

(edited)
14 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Besides - when the posters here are as far left as they are - it doesn't take much to be more centrist than them.

At least I can say I try . . .

Do you want a participation trophy or a medal for effort?

There are only 1 or 2 people here that are far left, if any. Most are just left of center and some are actually conservative (before that word was hijacked).

Unless people like John Bolton are now suddenly far left to you. Your mistake of calling George F Will a leftist is still fairly recent.

Edited by olofscience
  • Like 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Experience? Not from here I think.

You're bringing that experience into a random internet forum and pushing it onto people who have had nothing to do with it and you're so sure you can read their minds.

You have a lot of anger and I think a random internet forum is not the place for that, professional therapy would help you a lot more.

:rofl:

Its not random.

You don't have to read minds if you watch what people say.

I think there are more than just a few here that need that talk more than me.

That was a good laugh though.

Thanks.

Edited by turtlespeed

7 hours ago, airdvr said:

So tell me your truth.

It's not my truth or your truth, it's just the truth. The guy was either murdered or not murdered. 

Is it more important that the meme is incorrect v. the guy was assaulted?

If you weren't bitching and moaning about being corrected then you may well be talking about the assault right now.* When you act like it's a personal affront to be made to tell the truth that's always going to get people's antenna going and it's always going to result in a 'hey, what's up with this guy?' conversation no matter what the intended topic was. Ultimately what you think about any one particular issue is less important than how you think, and your relationship with truth and fact is an important foundation of how you think.

*(I'm not sure though, so far you haven't advanced any opinion or talking point on the assault other than 'hey, here's an assault')

(edited)
44 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Out of thin air?

No.

Out of experience.

Oh cool. So I can ascribe any nasty conservative behaviour I've seen elsehwere to you personally and that's ok, because it's from experience? Good to know.

That's a great example of how far right you still are that you think that lots of people here are far left. Again, remember that you called George Will far left and stuck by it simply because he criticized Trump.

At least I can say I try.

Problem is you think that saying it means you don't have to bother actually doing it.

Edited by jakee

28 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You don't have to read minds if you watch what people say.

Problem is, time and time again you demonstrate that you're really, really bad at watching what people say. You read a story that was clearly and unambiguously about the culmination of Trump's multi-year efforts to strip students of protections against loans to attend predatory, fraudulent institutions like his, and you interpreted it as Trump protecting people from those efforts because that's what your bias told you to see. You saw headlines mentioning that Trump suggested injecting disinfectant could help cure coronavirus and you insisted that they falsely said Trump instructed people to inject themselves with disinfected, because that's what your bias told you to see.

Over and over again you jump to wild, unfounded conclusions about what people and media outlets really meant when they said certain things, and then you use those conclusions as justification for jumping to even wilder ones in future. By inventing the fringe stuff people say, you've proved to yourself that they're fringe.

Truly remarkable the extent to which this president has corrupted discourse in the USA, that when someone parrots a blatant lie and is called on it, instead of apologizing they weasel and spin and try to cast blame on those who pointed out the truth.  Trumpish behavior.

If you don't want to be branded as a liar, do some simple fact-checking before posting inflammatory stuff.

3 hours ago, olofscience said:

There are only 1 or 2 people here that are far left, if any. Most are just left of center and some are actually conservative (before that word was hijacked).

Unless people like John Bolton are now suddenly far left to you. Your mistake of calling George F Will a leftist is still fairly recent.

Well, when the "right" includes people like Miller and Bannon, when the president calls Nazis & KKK "very fine people, then yes, Bolton & Will are now 'leftists'.

They haven't moved. 

But the end points have moved so much the 'center' is now well right of where it used to be.

Ronald Reagan was a 'hardcore conservative' in 1980. 

Now? Ha!

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Buddy, you have George Will left of you. 

And the only reason he claims George Will has pivoted to the far left is because George Will is critical of Trump. But Turtlespeed isn't a defender of Trump, no way - what could possibly make anyone think that?