1 1
ryoder

Trump expected to commute sentencing of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, ryoder said:

So Blago has completed his Colorado vacation and gone home.

But one his peers is still locked up: Jared Fogle.

Surely Trump has overlooked a pardon for this fine gentleman!

What does it gain Trump to commute his sentence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

It is believed that Blago has information concerning corruption relating to his time period. Think game strategy.

Did you mean Game theory?

If not, what game?  Checkers strategy is a LOT different than Chess Strategy, as well as Hop Scotch strategy is very different than the strategy you would use to play curling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

What does it gain Trump to commute his sentence?

They appeared together on the Apprentice (Trump's favourite thing) and we know that anyone who Trump has met personally and not yet fallen out with is automatically the best person in the world. See examples including doctors, pilots, family members and multiple dictators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jakee said:

They appeared together on the Apprentice (Trump's favourite thing) and we know that anyone who Trump has met personally and not yet fallen out with is automatically the best person in the world. See examples including doctors, pilots, family members and multiple dictators.

That didn't answer the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That didn't answer the question.

Trump does favours for friends. It's hardly a secret. He tried to make his personal pilot the chief of the FAA. What would that utterly insane move have gained him? He tried to make his personal doctor head of the VA. What would that ridiculous move have gained him? He made Jared Kushner Czar Of Everything, what did that gain him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jakee said:

Trump does favours for friends. It's hardly a secret. He tried to make his personal pilot the chief of the FAA. What would that utterly insane move have gained him? He tried to make his personal doctor head of the VA. What would that ridiculous move have gained him? He made Jared Kushner Czar Of Everything, what did that gain him?

Trump said he didn't know Blago. :D:D:D He is also the person that fired Blago on his stupid "reality" show.

I think he did it trying to continue his investment in showing distrust (meaning dislike to those in reality) of the FBI. He's trying to prove the FBI is corrupt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billvon said:

It could be seen as a "fuck you" to the justice system, so Trump gains (in his eyes.)

I can see that.

I think it was Al Jazeera that was saying something about how he might be sympathetic to the way that he was treated by the FBI.  He, in turn, is being sympathetic to those that he feels may have been wronged by them.  

I also can see where it is a slight against the work they did getting these guys.

Anti quid-pro-quo.  Tit for Tat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 7:43 AM, ryoder said:

Watching Anderson Cooper shred Blagojevich's bullshit for 11 minutes is just awesome!

 

Anderson tore him to pieces, it was some of the most satisfying cable news that I’ve seen in a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, ryoder said:

Watching Anderson Cooper shred Blagojevich's bullshit for 11 minutes is just awesome!

 

Wow, a comparison of himself to Nelson Mandela and then insinuating that his incarceration was a product of the racist legal system (which he perpetuated while in office).  We've finally seen what AC looks like when his blood boils.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No it doesn't.

It makes it obvious why B-vich was in jail.

That was already made obvious through a trial. The question was why he would have been pardoned. I have very little doubt that is solely based on who Trump likes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

That was already made obvious through a trial. The question was why he would have been pardoned. I have very little doubt that is solely based on who Trump likes.

Again - no.

It was probably a slight against those that investigated him.

All the work they did was just made bunk.

It's a big FU to the people involved that made the case.

It was all put under the guise of "I got Ram Rodded, So I'm going to pardon or show clemency to those that were, as well"

Its bullshit - Its just a big FU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Again - no.

It was probably a slight against those that investigated him.

All the work they did was just made bunk.

It's a big FU to the people involved that made the case.

It was all put under the guise of "I got Ram Rodded, So I'm going to pardon or show clemency to those that were, as well"

Its bullshit - Its just a big FU.

Why that specific case for that specific person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1