brenthutch

Merry Christmas

Can't we all enjoy the birthday celebration of an immigrant bastard child born to a cheating woman in peace?

Time for a beer to go with the carrot cake I think.

The roasted and grilled lambs were the best I've ever made or had. Everyone loved them.

Merry Christmas everyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kallend said:

Scrooge was a miserable conservative who was tormented by spirits and became a happy liberal.

In this century it seems the conservatives are the happy ones and it is the liberals who are miserable.  Liberals/progressives are whining and crying about income inequality, climate change, plastic, racism, misogamy, homophobia, islamophobia, transphobia, white privilege, Christianity, guns and toxic masculinity (to name a few), while conservatives sit back and enjoy the best decade in human history, (not to mention record low unemployment a record high stock market and energy independence for as long as the eye can see.)  Just who is happy and who is the wretched lot?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

In this century it seems the conservatives are the happy ones and it is the liberals who are miserable.  Liberals/progressives are whining and crying about income inequality, climate change, plastic, racism, misogamy, homophobia, islamophobia, transphobia, white privilege, Christianity, guns and toxic masculinity (to name a few), while conservatives sit back and enjoy the best decade in human history, (not to mention record low unemployment a record high stock market and energy independence for as long as the eye can see.)  Just who is happy and who is the wretched lot?

Got me. I'm just trying to be happy on my yacht sailing the Caribbean while you're freezing your conservative nuts off in Happy Valley. 

56 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Desiring better of everyone does not equal "miserable".

Being happy and enjoying the inequalities and wrongs in society is disgusting.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Got me. I'm just trying to be happy on my yacht sailing the Caribbean while you're freezing your conservative nuts off in Happy Valley. 

Not freezing.  Snuggled up with my two kids and wife in front of a (real) fire, watching A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott).  To me, there is something incongruous about Christmas and palm trees.  Have fun, happy sails, and merry Christmas.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, normiss said:

Desiring better of everyone does not equal "miserable".

Being happy and enjoying the inequalities and wrongs in society is disgusting.

Desire in one hand and poop in the other and see what one fills up first.  I am for what actually works. Free market capitalism and a growing carbon footprint has brought more people out of poverty than a thousand Band Aid concerts.  I think negativity and virtue signaling is disgusting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Desire in one hand and poop in the other and see what one fills up first.  I am for what actually works. Free market capitalism and a growing carbon footprint has brought more people out of poverty than a thousand Band Aid concerts.  I think negativity and virtue signaling is disgusting.

Much like the new efforts for green products.

As much as I love big block, nitro-methane burning, pavement eating machines, they will eventually follow the dinosaurs.

As humans we have, we will, and we must adapt and improve.

Free market capitalism won't suffer from this new effort either.

Education brings more out of poverty and allows them to integrate into the new markets.

It's actually a positive attitude and approach.

Wanting improvements, and the bettering of this free market is a win for all.

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You mean like a $5000 trickle down economics band aid you can't afford to share with your workers? Sure that gives you all the validation you need but it's just pin ball money being passed out to the faithful. Snuggle up with your wife and kids in front of the fire and watch "A Christmas Carol", between posts, it's the most important thing you'll do tonight. 

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

, while conservatives sit back and enjoy the best decade in human history, (not to mention record low unemployment a record high stock market

Except those who just can't understand why the market values Tesla so highly!

On 12/25/2019 at 8:18 PM, brenthutch said:

I think negativity and virtue signaling is disgusting.

And I think people who care only for themselves and the money they can gather, and who don't mind passing their problems on to the next generation, are pretty disgusting.  I guess we have different moralities.