bigbearfng

Perris jet

They have taxied it around the DZ before during the fall.  It's probably just one of those things where they need to fire it up every so often now.  Jump tickets are supposed to be 100+  bucks.  Plus, I have a feeling they won't allow us to wingsuit from it.   

8 hours ago, kat00 said:

They have taxied it around the DZ before during the fall.  It's probably just one of those things where they need to fire it up every so often now.  Jump tickets are supposed to be 100+  bucks.  Plus, I have a feeling they won't allow us to wingsuit from it.   

We had WIngsuit boogies a few years back in Germany with a Moldavian AN72 cargo jet. Though flying fast horizontally the air was super clean during exit due to top mounted engines. It climbed to 15k feet in 5 mins with 80 people, sort of okay'ish  

On 5/18/2019 at 1:22 AM, birdynamnam said:

We had WIngsuit boogies a few years back in Germany with a Moldavian AN72 cargo jet. Though flying fast horizontally the air was super clean during exit due to top mounted engines. It climbed to 15k feet in 5 mins with 80 people, sort of okay'ish  

Perris has limited airspace and we can push its limits some days from 12.5.  I know last time we asked when they offered a halo jump and were denied.   Plus this is a DC-9 not a cargo/military jet.  You go down a stairs to jump.  As a frequent jumper there, I am just making an educated guess based on past experience.  They are now supposedly trying to fly it in october at the skydiving hall of fame/museum event so we shall see.