2 2
wolfriverjoe

Devin Nunes Files Lawsuit

I seem to remember that it used to be conservatives who railed against foolish and frivolous lawsuits. McDonald's Coffee (despite the fact that company officials knew that it was stupid hot and the lids weren't really secure), Mayors & anti-gun folks trying to sue the firearms industry to death (they knew the suits wouldn't go anywhere, they just wanted to bankrupt the companies), that sort of thing.

So, times have changed. Trump threatens to sue anyone who is 'mean to him'. The kid from the Lincoln Memorial incident is suing the WaPo & CNN for being mean to him. 
And now, congresscreature Nunes is filing a lawsuit. For $250 million. Against Twitter and the Twitter user who goes by the name "Devin Nunes Cow." 
https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2019/03/22/devin-nunes-sues-twitter-and-internet-has-cow/kmmEZGuXITWxOIFwRkHf9N/story.html

The 'cow' says mean things about Nunes. You know, free speech and lampooning politicians. 

So he's suing.

And, as a result of the lawsuit, the number of followers of the poster have gone up. Just a bit. From about 1200, to over 600,000. Six hundred thousand.

https://twitter.com/DevinCow

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Like Trump?

He's the President. They can't censor him, and he can't block anybody. Besides, it's the perfect platform for him to reach out to the people since most of the MSM is out to make him look bad. I'd like to see him tone down his disparagements of people he doesn't like though.

28 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Twitter only seems to let the liberals' bullying stay up, but censor the conservatives heavily, especially the accounts with a high follow count.

Like Nunes?

Facts are, once again, against you.

Just now, billvon said:

Like Nunes?

Facts are, once again, against you.

Politicians aren't being censored, even Jack knows better than to fuck with them. I'm talking about people like us, people who speak out for their political party and against the other side. I see it all the time. Facebook and Twitter censorship heavily favors the left. You'd have to be blind as a bat not to see it.

2 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Politicians aren't being censored, even Jack knows better than to fuck with them. I'm talking about people like us, people who speak out for their political party and against the other side. I see it all the time. Facebook and Twitter censorship heavily favors the left. You'd have to be blind as a bat not to see it.

Or you have to watch FOX News to see it.

When you ask for proof, conservatives point to things like Devin Nunes's cow.  "How can Devin Nunes' Cow have more followers than Devin Nunes?  CENSORSHIP!"  When, in fact, it's just that no one wants to see what Devin Nunes has to say.  That's not censorship, that's reality.

1 hour ago, BillyVance said:

I'm talking about people like us, people who speak out for their political party and against the other side.

But also post memes comparing black people to monkeys etc.

Ever thought about the idea that Twitter banning people isn't related to politics?

(edited)
19 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

A bunch of right wing snowflakes. Whining because they think their message isn’t getting out.

Funny to hear people expound the virtues of pure capitalism and how the market will automatically adjust to inbalance, then turn around and complain how a free service on the internet isn't nice to them and how the government should step in and enforce...something.

Edited by SkyDekker

3 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Aren't you the guy who refers to Kamala Harris as a whore who got where she by spreading her legs.  [sarcasm font]Can't imagine why you feel that way.[/sarcasm font]  Anyway, this is a common argument, and I'm not necessarily throwing you into this group, but the Alt-Right people get all pissed that their material gets taken down but the Leftist stuff doesn't.  Yup, can't imagine why White Nationalist propaganda gets taken down but stuff against White Nationalist propaganda doesn't get removed.  As far as super-far left Antifa bullshit, they're idiots who don't get the irony that violent acts in the name of "counter-protest" is EXACTLY what Fascism is but I've never seen anything left up on social media that supports those actions either.

3 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Ya mean like all the stuff being spewed about AOC?

All the stuff about HRC?

I find it a bit disgusting that the "Alt-Right" seems to advocate violence and hatred far more than the far left. 

Both get censored. 

And then people like you complain about it.