normiss

Republicans are coming for your guns!

Easy, require a date of manufacture on any newly produced bump stocks.

If a democrat had proposed something so logically flawed you'd be screaming that it could never be enforced, it wouldn't work anyway, it's an illegal law and therefore it should be ignored and repealed.

Hahaha. You left off the rest of my post that demonstrates it is unenforceable, same as magazines in Colorado. Not grandfathering currently owned bump stocks isn’t right. Has nothing to do with R or D.

Derek V

If a democrat had proposed something so logically flawed you'd be screaming that it could never be enforced, it wouldn't work anyway, it's an illegal law and therefore it should be ignored and repealed.

From October, 2017;

"Non-gun owners do not care how much restrictions are place on guns because these restrictions would not affect them. For example, I do not own or want to own a bump stock. I don't care if they are restricted."

You are wrong, Bill. I already said I don't care if they restrict bump stocks. Nothing to do With R or D. I do think they should grandfather currently owned stocks though.

Derek V

With that logic, it's quite possible the SC interprets "well regulated militia" as licensing, registration, limitations on ownership, of individual gun owners.

It took me over 7 hours yesterday to buy a car.
I can buy an AR in 10 minutes.
Things that make no sense.

Hooknswoop

"Non-gun owners do not care how much restrictions are place on guns because these restrictions would not affect them. For example, I do not own or want to own a bump stock. I don't care if they are restricted."

Not to sound insulting, but does that mean your support of the 2nd amendment is based on no principle whatsoever beyond self-interest? “I’m alright Jack” and screw anyone else?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hooknswoop

I wouldn't know how you would grandfather this, specially consider how they have made the change.

Easy, require a date of manufacture on any newly produced bump stocks.

Co>orlando did this on magazines. So Magpul left the state and took their jobs with them. Now you can go into Colorado gun stores and buy 30-round magazine kits.

Derek V

You want to force manufacturers to start putting a date on a product that is now illegal?

Maybe ask burglars to leave a business card at the same time?

>A 'well regulated' clock keeps accurate time.

And doesn't fly apart - because the designer of the clock put in enough regulation (escapements etc) to ensure that. Likewise, a SCUBA regulator doesn't exhaust all the air in the tank as quickly as possible. It regulates it.

"Regulated" as applied to the second amendment does indeed mean "working well." Part of that are the rules and laws (i.e. regulations) that govern it, to ensure it keeps working well.

You want to force manufacturers to start putting a date on a product that is now illegal?

Maybe ask burglars to leave a business card at the same time?

No. That is what Colorado tried with magazines. That didn't work either. That is why I said that law is unenforceable as well.

Derek V

Hooknswoop

Not to sound insulting, but does that mean your support of the 2nd amendment is based on no principle whatsoever beyond self-interest? “I’m alright Jack” and screw anyone else?

No, just a side note.

Ok, so why don't you care if bump stocks are regulated?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

With that logic, it's quite possible the SC interprets "well regulated militia" as licensing, registration, limitations on ownership, of individual gun owners.

It took me over 7 hours yesterday to buy a car.
I can buy an AR in 10 minutes.
Things that make no sense.

No, it means that they think that it's not an unlimited or unrestricted right.

Just like freedom of speech or religion.

And I can buy a car in about 10 minutes, once I've decided to actually buy it. Fill out the title and pay the money.

Getting through all the crap at the DMV to transfer title, get plates & pay the sales tax usually takes another 15 or so, plus the wait in line.

At least that was my experience a couple years ago.

What all took 7 hours?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Drive time plus 5 hours at the stealership.
30-45 minutes of extended warranty sales pitch efforts.
We walked in knowing what we were buying, they had it held for us, we had our own financing in place with documents, nice fat downstroke, no credit effort through the stealership at all, yet I'll never understand why it takes so long.
But it does.
Every.
Damn.
Time.

I understand the clean, prep, fuel part - but the rest should have been 20 minutes paperwork including the smoke break for the stinky ass business office guy.

Seriously confused this time given what we bought.

We walked in knowing what we were buying, they had it held for us, we had our own financing in place with documents, nice fat downstroke, no credit effort through the stealership at all, yet I'll never understand why it takes so long.

You may appreciate this then:
=========
https://electrek.co/2018/12/19/tesla-buying-delivery-program/

normiss

But it does.
Every.
Damn.
Time.

I understand the clean, prep, fuel part - but the rest should have been 20 minutes paperwork including the smoke break for the stinky ass business office guy.

Seriously confused this time given what we bought.

Sounds like you pick the wrong dealership. Or don't know how to tell them no
30. To 40 minutes of extended warenty is easily stopped with a stearn no. And if they continue a fuck no. Two minutes tops.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

:D:D:D
Yeah.
That's what we did. Smoker guy still wouldn't shut up.

Again, over the last few years, outside of buying motorcycles, cars a re still an hours long process and very much unnecessarily so.
We have always walked in with everything needed to complete the transaction in 30 minutes tops.
The guy on their end to do the same seems to not be available for about 2 hours or so at best.

normiss

:D:D:D
Yeah.
That's what we did. Smoker guy still wouldn't shut up.

Again, over the last few years, outside of buying motorcycles, cars a re still an hours long process and very much unnecessarily so.
We have always walked in with everything needed to complete the transaction in 30 minutes tops.
The guy on their end to do the same seems to not be available for about 2 hours or so at best.

Was it this guy you had to deal with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

OMG the push for paint protection products!
Which the manufacturer covers....

Repeatedly telling him with USAA, AAA, 100,000 mile factory warranty, and great insurance....we're good.
BUT MAINTENANCE!!!!
I haz tools, thanks.

So long as that 9 speed transmission doesn't jack me....:P:D:D

wolfriverjoe

***Yet the SCOTUS stated that the right to bear arms is not unlimited and that guns and gun ownership would continue to be regulated.

Absolutely. But that's still not the 'regulated' meant in the wording of the 2nd A.

The point at which the various rules and laws reach 'infringement' is where the disagreements occur, and where the SC steps in and rules. Same as any other right.

"Regulated' has a variety of meanings.

A 'well regulated' clock keeps accurate time.
A 'well regulated' shotgun (usually used in reference to a double) has both barrels hitting in the same spot, aligned with the sights.

So are our militias working properly?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

So are our militias working properly?

On the very few occasions where they've been useful, yes.

LA riots back in 92, the aftermath of various hurricanes in various places, that sort of thing.

Neighbors banding together for assistance and protection.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

normiss

I believe you're thinking of the National Guard.
:P

Nope. They usually show up and help (and it's vitally needed).

But, particularly in the case of the LA riots, there were a lot of examples of neighbors banding together and protecting themselves and their property.

The NG didn't show up for a long, long time. Mainly due to logistical issues. Also planning and preparedness was really lacking.

There were numerous reports of the NG soldiers simply standing and watching as rioters burned and looted.