yoink

Christ, the Democrats annoy me. - State of the Union

She's trying to protect illegal immigrants, got it.

You've got to admit they're pretty resourceful, though. Five years old, and all on their own they scraped up the money to pay some coyote to smuggle them across the desert and into the USA, just so they could sponge off our overly generous ...what? Educational system? Medical benefits?

In more civilized nations, they consider kids who get dragged into situations involving broken laws to be victims, not perpetrators. And, in more civilized nations, they don't punish people for things that were done to them as children.

Don

nolhtairt

You want annoying? Try Nancy Pelosi spewing shit about dreamers and DACA for EIGHT hours on the Senate floor.

JFC, lady... 1-2 hours would have sufficed to make your damn point. :S

HOUSE, not Senate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

nolhtairt

You want annoying? Try Nancy Pelosi spewing shit about dreamers and DACA for EIGHT hours on the Senate floor.

Senate?

Forget it, he's rolling.

(not a direct quote, but what I changed it to fits better :P)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

winsor

***>She's trying to protect illegal immigrants, got it. No wonder they're annoyed.

Good. I hope they stay annoyed until they extend DACA.

FIFY

Where's the like button?

I get the argument it wasn't the kids' fault their parents brought them in illegally. Doesn't give them an excuse. Send the kids back WITH the parents, and a referral to the legal immigration process.

>I get the argument it wasn't the kids' fault their parents brought them in illegally.
>Doesn't give them an excuse.

Nope. But it does mean that they are innocent of any crimes. In my book, you aren't punished for things that you didn't do. I know that flies in the face of everything the GOP stands for, but hey . . .

billvon

>I get the argument it wasn't the kids' fault their parents brought them in illegally.
>Doesn't give them an excuse.

Nope. But it does mean that they are innocent of any crimes. In my book, you aren't punished for things that you didn't do. I know that flies in the face of everything the GOP stands for, but hey . . .

So, keep the kids and send the parents back? :S

I get the argument it wasn't the kids' fault their parents brought them in illegally. Doesn't give them an excuse. Send the kids back WITH the parents, and a referral to the legal immigration process.

And that pretty much sums up the inherent meanness, based in fear and loathing, of the right wing.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

nolhtairt

What "legal immigration process" are you talking about?

There isn't one. That door was slammed shut a number of years ago.

The very basic idea of the "unwashed immigrant", coming to the US and working hard for a better life has been shut down.
At least legally.

The illegals (Mexican, Central American, Chinese, ect) are still doing that and trying to reach the "American Dream" (some successfully). Just not legally.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

The most impressive thing about it so far is sending someone "back" to a country they don't know.
After 30 years of creating a life and becoming a major contributor to our society, the government deports them to a country they know nothing of, haven't lived in, have no relatives, no job, nothing, while the rest of their family sits here in the US lost and abandoned.
This should work rather well in the efforts to reduce terrorism and the Latin gangs.

normiss

The most impressive thing about it so far is sending someone "back" to a country they don't know.
After 30 years of creating a life and becoming a major contributor to our society, the government deports them to a country they know nothing of, haven't lived in, have no relatives, no job, nothing, while the rest of their family sits here in the US lost and abandoned.
This should work rather well in the efforts to reduce terrorism and the Latin gangs.

And "Paying Taxes".

Don't forget that part. Supposedly, "Dreamers" contribute something like $2,000,000,000 (that's two billion) in federal, state and local taxes every year.

But Trump and the Rs have made it pretty clear that they don't need no stinkin' tax revenue.

How and when do we file bankruptcy as a nation?
That's all but guaranteed at this point, just a matter of time.
The stock market, interest rates and job numbers are already showing the typical warning signs of that....

I'm also very curious how we sue the government when they steal our money from social security.

How and when do we file bankruptcy as a nation?

You don't. As the issuer of the dominant currency in the world you do what you did when it was time to pay the debt from the Vietnam adventure. You use inflation to devalue your outstanding paper.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

nolhtairt

Well, they're so good at showing their gratitude towards her.

http://kron4.com/2017/09/18/young-immigrants-shout-down-democratic-leader-nancy-pelosi-in-san-francisco/