RonD1120

House of Cards

quade

******It's just a work of fiction Ron. Like the Bible.

Bullshit! House of Cards is well written, cohesive, and of known authorship ;)

On the list of similarities though, it is an adaptation of stories which came before it.

True enough, what intrigues me is the similarity of the character development of the Underwoods to the Clintons.

In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons. So far in five seasons, the Underwoods have a body count of four and one neighborhood dog.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*********It's just a work of fiction Ron. Like the Bible.

On the list of similarities though, it is an adaptation of stories which came before it.

True enough, what intrigues me is the similarity of the character development of the Underwoods to the Clintons.

Again, your confirmation bias is showing. Perhaps also a lack of knowledge of Shakespeare because if the show and its origins are based on anything, it's MacBeth.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

************It's just a work of fiction Ron. Like the Bible.

Again, your confirmation bias is showing. Perhaps also a lack of knowledge of Shakespeare because if the show and its origins are based on anything, it's MacBeth.

I'll take your word on Shakespeare and MacBeth. I don't know about classic drama. Confirmation bias, OTH, is what the SC is all about, as near as I can determine. It is not a gig, just status quo.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

Superior Court Judge Lloyd Davis (R) on October 26, 1969, stabbed his wife with a 9-inch butcher knife. He was charged with felony assault to commit murder.

State Representative Thomas W. Druce (R) was convicted in 2000 of a 1999 hit and run that killed a man.

In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

They are only linked to murder in your mind. They are as guilty of murder exactly as much as the pizzagate shop owner is guilty of child sex abuse. Shame be upon those who would make such poisonous accusations.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

Reagan once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. There you go, Reagan is allegedly linked to murder.

Ipso facto, House of Cards was based on Ronnie and Nancy:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

Reagan once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. There you go, Reagan is allegedly linked to murder.

It does not matter when the original book was written or who the characters are based on. What is of significance is who the show calls to mind when you watch it. In your case it would likely be Prince Charles and Lady Di.

gowlerk

They are only linked to murder in your mind.

No, I know several folks that think they are guilty, just never charged. I understand that to the progressive liberal not being charged is equal to innocent. Like OJ, that have the best justice money can buy.

RonD1120

******In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

It does not matter when the original book was written or who the characters are based on. What is of significance is who the show calls to mind when you watch it. In your case it would likely be Prince Charles and Lady Di.

What you're talking about is called, "authorial intent." It's a somewhat controversial subject with creators. Not all people agree with your assessment that it, "does not matter" what the intent of the author is.

In fact, my guess is you don't believe that when it comes to your favorite book.
quade -

billvon

>In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

Superior Court Judge Lloyd Davis (R) on October 26, 1969, stabbed his wife with a 9-inch butcher knife. He was charged with felony assault to commit murder.

State Representative Thomas W. Druce (R) was convicted in 2000 of a 1999 hit and run that killed a man.

Not a very good counterpoint. Close though, just no cigar.

quade

*********In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

What you're talking about is called, "authorial intent." It's a somewhat controversial subject with creators. Not all people agree with your assessment that it, "does not matter" what the intent of the author is.

In fact, my guess is you don't believe that when it comes to your favorite book.

Hmmm, interesting. I am a Christian counselor, not an English major. I don't think I have ever thought much about arthorial intent.

>Not a very good counterpoint.

I listed two republican politicians - one convicted of trying to kill his wife, one convicted of manslaughter.

You posted a vague conspiracy theory with no basis in fact.

From that perspective, republicans fit the mold of Underwood far better.

billvon

>Not a very good counterpoint.

I listed two republican politicians - one convicted of trying to kill his wife, one convicted of manslaughter.

You posted a vague conspiracy theory with no basis in fact.

From that perspective, republicans fit the mold of Underwood far better.

The first was a judge charged with felony assault. The latter a Congressman that made a bad judgment under stress.

With the Underwoods it is premeditated murder. I find that to be a whole different concept. The Clintons are the only ones suspected of a capital crime.

>With the Underwoods it is premeditated murder.

Going after your wife with a knife counts in my book. (He failed, fortunately.)

Two incidents in the real world trumps one incident in your imagination.

But if you are really into such conspiracy theories - Trump is the only presidential candidate, ever, suspected of raping a 13 year old girl. Are you OK with that?

Do you not agree with God's prohibition against bearing false witness?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

************In my lifetime the only politicians allegedly linked to murder are the Clintons.

Ipso facto, House of Cards was based on Ronnie and Nancy:)It does not matter when the original book was written or who the characters are based on. What is of significance is who the show calls to mind when you watch it. In your case it would likely be Prince Charles and Lady Di.

Hmmm, interesting. I am a Christian counselor, not an English major. I don't think I have ever thought much about arthorial intent.

Was Jesus actually resurrected or was that just a metaphor? Can you see why it might make a difference?
quade -

RonD1120

They are only linked to murder in your mind.

No, I know several folks that think they are guilty, just never charged. I understand that to the progressive liberal not being charged is equal to innocent. Like OJ, that have the best justice money can buy.

I know several folks that believe in fictional bearded men in the sky. They believe that vaccines cause autism, they believe that the moon landing was a hoax and that the govt brought down the Twin Towers.

However what you 'believe' has absolutely nothing to do with the facts, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate your claim. Otherwise you can and will be summarily dismissed. As you should.

But not being charged in the USA might or might not be called 'innocent' but it most certainly is called 'not guilty' in the USA and anything else is demonstrated a lack of respect/knowledge of the Constitution....you know, that pesky document that stands as the Supreme Law of the land.

But rather than digress to constitutional issues...like you said, it has more to do with what you 'believe'. Which has zero to do with anything unless you have real facts and real evidence to back it up.

billvon

>With the Underwoods it is premeditated murder.

Going after your wife with a knife counts in my book. (He failed, fortunately.)

Two incidents in the real world trumps one incident in your imagination.

But if you are really into such conspiracy theories - Trump is the only presidential candidate, ever, suspected of raping a 13 year old girl. Are you OK with that?

Good question. No, I am not OK with that. However, I've not heard that anywhere but here in SC. And, I think only from you. I wonder what's up with that?

If there was any truth to the rumor, I would think that Mueller's investigation would be in that vein instead of the false obstruction of justice myth.

Back to the topic, I still believe HoC is a good fictionalized account of the Clinton lifestyle, their motivation in life and, their strategies.

I can hardly wait to see how Claire Underwood will depict Hillary if Hillary had won.

quade

Was Jesus actually resurrected or was that just a metaphor? Can you see why it might make a difference?

Jesus was actually resurrected and it is proven by those who have experienced salvation through His gift of life. If it was a myth, a metaphor, then it is impossible to believe that the original apostles would have gladly been martyred just to perpetuate a lie. Think about that!

Notice how it is you who drift off topic into a religious theme. That is something you have accused me of doing, that is high jacking a thread to talk about Jesus. Note, unless I start a thread on the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ or, a scripturally based prophecy, I am always responding to the attacks of other's egos.

Fair point, I should have worded it better. I thought it should be obvious I was referring to personal opinion and belief. However, I forgot the grammar Nazi progressive liberals will seek any avenue to attack a Christian.

I feel honored to be put in the same category as President Trump as far as the concept of attack goes.