nolhtairt

Kim Jong Nam assassinated with VX nerve agent

That's Kim Jong Un's half brother. A self styled critic of the family dynasty that has ruled North Korea. Has lived under protection mostly in China. He was attacked from behind by a couple of women apparently each holding one component of the poison, that by themselves are harmless, but mixed together becomes the killer poison it is. That would explain why the second woman who touch Nam experienced severe vomiting after the attack.

So... we already know North Korea has a chemical weapons stockpile and isn't afraid to use it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-kim-jong-nam%e2%80%99s-death-north-korea-lets-loose-a-weapon-of-mass-destruction/ar-AAnk2V7?li=BBnb7Kz

nolhtairt

That's Kim Jong Un's half brother. A self styled critic of the family dynasty that has ruled North Korea. Has lived under protection mostly in China. He was attacked from behind by a couple of women apparently each holding one component of the poison, that by themselves are harmless, but mixed together becomes the killer poison it is. That would explain why the second woman who touch Nam experienced severe vomiting after the attack.

So... we already know North Korea has a chemical weapons stockpile and isn't afraid to use it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-kim-jong-nam%e2%80%99s-death-north-korea-lets-loose-a-weapon-of-mass-destruction/ar-AAnk2V7?li=BBnb7Kz

I find this story very hard to believe.

If it truly was VX, it would be very hard to believe nobody else died or got very sick.

That and its a nerve gas attack, aka Geneva Protocol

"The Protocol for the Prohibition of the Use in War of Asphyxiating, Poisonous or other Gases, and of Bacteriological Methods of Warfare, usually called the Geneva Protocol, is a treaty prohibiting the use of chemical and biological weapons in international armed conflicts.

Is a nerve gas attack on Malaysia and an attack on China, which had protected him(Kim Jong-nam) for years by allowing him to live in the Chinese territory of Macau.

If there was a real functioning US President. He would use this as an opportunity to deal with North Korea. By getting together with China, Malaysia and the other parties to go after North Korea further. To get real sanctions into effect.

China in fact instituted a ban on coal imports with for the first time. Its a real and effective measure because North Korea relies upon the cash from coal exports to China to drive its economy. trump could go to China.... no cancel that.. He is to stupid for that. Send Tillerson. trump needs to deal with his domestic base.

"China is getting tough on North Korea with coal embargo
China has stopped importing North Korean coal, cutting off a vital economic lifeline for the isolated country. What are the implications for N. Korea's economy and the secluded regime's relationship with Beijing?"
http://www.dw.com/en/china-is-getting-tough-on-north-korea-with-coal-embargo/a-37708015

SkyDekker

If it truly was VX, it would be very hard to believe nobody else died or got very sick.

North Korea will of course tell you the whole story is bullshit. But that's what the autopsy showed, and it was clear why North Korea sent a couple men from their embassy to try talk them out of doing the autopsy.

It was a very small dose of VX, and the women were instructed to wash their hands immediately after the attack. I'm guessing the woman who did get sick didn't do so quickly enough.

Fuck North Korea. I hope Kim Jong Un dies of a heart attack soon, and judging by the way he eats, drinks and smokes, it shouldn't take long.

SkyDekker

***That's Kim Jong Un's half brother. A self styled critic of the family dynasty that has ruled North Korea. Has lived under protection mostly in China. He was attacked from behind by a couple of women apparently each holding one component of the poison, that by themselves are harmless, but mixed together becomes the killer poison it is. That would explain why the second woman who touch Nam experienced severe vomiting after the attack.

Multiple sources...www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/world/asia/kim-jong-nam-vx-nerve-agent-.html?action=click&contentCollection=Asia%20Pacific&module=RelatedCoverage®ion=Marginalia&pgtype=article

VX is a binary nerve agent, and apparently two people delivered it, so it's quite possible to believe no-one else died.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******That's Kim Jong Un's half brother. A self styled critic of the family dynasty that has ruled North Korea. Has lived under protection mostly in China. He was attacked from behind by a couple of women apparently each holding one component of the poison, that by themselves are harmless, but mixed together becomes the killer poison it is. That would explain why the second woman who touch Nam experienced severe vomiting after the attack.

Multiple sources...www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/world/asia/kim-jong-nam-vx-nerve-agent-.html?action=click&contentCollection=Asia%20Pacific&module=RelatedCoverage®ion=Marginalia&pgtype=article

VX is a binary nerve agent, and apparently two people delivered it, so it's quite possible to believe no-one else died.

The lady delivering it didn't wear gloves. VX is deadly through skin absorbtion.

From what I can see, all this is based on the same autopsy.

Hence, still find it hard to believe.

SkyDekker

The lady delivering it didn't wear gloves. VX is deadly through skin absorption.

From what I can see, all this is based on the same autopsy.

Hence, still find it hard to believe.

As the poster above stated VX can be delivered as a binary agent, and the second attacker did in fact get sick.

It is lucky perhaps that none of the medical people dealing with Kim Jong Nam got sick. If they were wearing medical gloves perhaps that was enough.

North Korea says temporarily bans Malaysians from leaving the country
North Korea said on Tuesday it has temporarily banned Malaysians from leaving the country to ensure the safety of its diplomats and citizens in Malaysia amid an escalating row over the killing of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's half-brother.

The North's foreign ministry has notified the Malaysian embassy in Pyongyang of the reason for the measure and said it had hoped the case would be swiftly and fairly resolved in order to develop bilateral ties with Malaysia, the North's KCNA news agency reported.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-malaysia-ban-idUSKBN16E0BD

nolhtairt

******Is that even like one person?

11, according to this: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/latest-korean-ambassador-decries-malaysia-expulsion-45934560

All embassy personnel I believe. That's a new tactic I haven't seen before, I don't think. Usually you expel them. They're basically being held hostage. :|

I wouldn't call it "new." Maybe a new angle on an old trick.

The DPRK has a history of "arresting" foreign nationals on manufactured charges in order to get attention.

Some poor fool thinks that it would be interesting to see North Korea, finds himself in jail for something stupid or nothing, then his government has to pretend that KJU actually matters in order to get the citizen released.

It lets the DPRK government show its subjects how important it is on the world stage. (I use the word "subjects" because I find it impossible to consider any North Korean a "citizen" - citizens have rights, subjects don't)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

There's a great documentary called "Under the Sun." The people making the film were to turn in the camera's chip each night so that the handlers could tell them what to use and delete everything else. This was all supposed to be presented as spontaneous. The crew used a camera that wrote to two chips, like RAID mirroring, and made a very telling result.
The only downside is that I keep thinking wondering about what happened to their handlers when Kim found out.

Anytime a documentarian decides to lie to a government, he's taking his life in his own hands. That's the road to being charged as a spy. In some countries, that's a fatal mistake. I'd say NK is one of those countries.

It's the sort of stuff you only reveal once you're out of the country and plan on never going back.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

normiss

I had the impression the people involved with that documentary were fully aware of that risk.

I think generally people are when they get into that part of the business (sometimes subjects not so much though). One does not simply walk into Mordor.

My post was more of an explanation in general terms.
quade -

I think it was the handlers that Bob was asking about; they didn't necessarily get to leave when the movie was done.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I think it was the handlers that Bob was asking about; they didn't necessarily get to leave when the movie was done.

Wendy P.

Yeah, that's always a tricky subject. If a doc crew has handlers assigned to them by the government it's pretty safe to assume they're held accountable. Death might not be on the line as long as they can show due diligence. I think most governments realize it's next to impossible to control everything 100% of the time.

If the "fixers" are hired directly by the doc crew and everything is done low key, then it's possible the government doesn't know who they are, but it all depends on how oppressive the regime is to begin with.

In the old Soviet Union it was assumed all "translators" were KGB or at least accountable to them even though the were coordinated through the Soviet film bureau. I would assume the same type of thing is true in NK and mainland China for instance; even the tourists are assigned handlers.
quade -

Bob_Church

There's a great documentary called "Under the Sun." The people making the film were to turn in the camera's chip each night so that the handlers could tell them what to use and delete everything else. This was all supposed to be presented as spontaneous. The crew used a camera that wrote to two chips, like RAID mirroring, and made a very telling result.
The only downside is that I keep thinking wondering about what happened to their handlers when Kim found out.

Lots of fun ways to execute them... Anti Aircraft fire, attack by a pack of dogs, send them AND their entire families to hard labor camps, etc... :S:|