RonD1120

The Lord's Prayer

quade

***As stated before, you see what you believe is there because you want it there.

I believe you're projecting.

I am working on perfecting that talent metaphysically and project into the spiritual realm at will, thereby creating miracles.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

******As stated before, you see what you believe is there because you want it there.

I believe you're projecting.

I am working on perfecting that talent metaphysically and project into the spiritual realm at will, thereby creating miracles.

Does that require the use of a sling ring or does some ancient one just knock you out of your body?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Only God creates miracles. You are a blasphemer.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I pardon your accusation and I forgive you.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I pardon your accusation and I forgive you.

I withdraw my accusation and thank you. And I ask you, is not the creation of miracles the exclusive domain of God?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

And I ask you, is not the creation of miracles the exclusive domain of God?

Yes, I believe that is so and He performs them through His people by the Holy Spirit. Did you bookmark the link for A Course In Miracles?

RonD1120

***And I ask you, is not the creation of miracles the exclusive domain of God?

Yes, I believe that is so and He performs them through His people by the Holy Spirit. Did you bookmark the link for A Course In Miracles?

Wait. I thought all the answers could be found in one book and now you're telling me I need another book?

Hmmm... I'm beginning to question the validity of both now.
quade -

quade

******And I ask you, is not the creation of miracles the exclusive domain of God?

Wait. I thought all the answers could be found in one book and now you're telling me I need another book?

Hmmm... I'm beginning to question the validity of both now.

Oh, you're just being a silly!

When you take a course in college it usually requires more than one book. If you only have ONE book, yes, I recommend that it be the Holy Bible. I have shelves of books all attempting to explain different aspects of God's word.

RonD1120

I have shelves of books all attempting to explain different aspects of God's word.

Doesn't it strike you as presumptuous for somebody, anybody, to even attempt that? Especially say, in English.

Which version is even the "accurate" English version and how would a person know?
quade -

RonD1120

***And I ask you, is not the creation of miracles the exclusive domain of God?

I did not bookmark the link. But I did spend a half hour checking it out. It would seem to be an exercise book to be used to prepare the mind of someone looking for answers to accept the Christian religion as the basis for filling that need.

I am not looking for answers. I have found my answers in questions. I seek mystery and questions and I believe that is the only state man can be happy in. Answers can always be argued. Searching for questions that can not be answered, and acceptance of that fact is the way I find my peace.

It's not that I deny a creator. It's that I do not know the nature of the creator. I assign it a female persona only to distinguish it from what you and others refer to as God. The creator is not an animal, does not need sex, and does not have a gender. Those are things that man has assigned to God because of man's vanity. The ultimate proof of this is the belief that God created man in His own image. Only a man could make that up.

The creator is not for man to understand. That much is obvious. All prophets are false. Whether they were or are sincere makes no difference. This includes yours. The story of Jesus is a very beautiful and powerful one. It is somewhat understandable that Constantine decided to fall under it's spell. But that moment was the greatest mistake ever made in western civilization. It began a decline that allowed Islam to flourish and that only began to end with the enlightenment. We are still struggling to throw off the yoke that the church became.

That is the reason for my hostility toward the Christian and other faiths. They are forces for conflict, suppression and darkness in society. They divide us at a time when unity is greatly needed. As they were designed to do.

Thank you.

My fall back is that I experienced the saving grace of Jesus Christ on 16 Mar 81 at Mono Lake, CA. In Apr 83 I asked for and received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pastor David Sterling's home in Lutz, FL. It has been a great ride with many blessings.

RonD1120

My incident occurred six years ago in 2011. Can we forget what the progressive liberal traitors did in 2012? Benghazi is still in the news as late as this past week.

Are people still clinging to this nonsense?

What happened in 2012? The bad guys got themselves a big win. Nothing that "progressive liberals" or anyone else did or did not do influenced that. Millions of dollars were wasted on "investigations" that were blown hack jobs which failed to show anything substantial. You could make an argument that substantial cuts by the GOP to the State Dept's budget for security of diplomatic missions might have contributed, but that's doubtful too.

What did we learn that day? Sometimes, the bad guys get the upper hand. See also 9/11/01.

Lawndarter

My incident occurred six years ago in 2011. Can we forget what the progressive liberal traitors did in 2012? Benghazi is still in the news as late as this past week.

Are people still clinging to this nonsense?

What happened in 2012? The bad guys got themselves a big win. Nothing that "progressive liberals" or anyone else did or did not do influenced that. Millions of dollars were wasted on "investigations" that were blown hack jobs which failed to show anything substantial. You could make an argument that substantial cuts by the GOP to the State Dept's budget for security of diplomatic missions might have contributed, but that's doubtful too.

What did we learn that day? Sometimes, the bad guys get the upper hand. See also 9/11/01.

Did we just become best friends?!?! When you put yourself in harms way expect the worst. Better preparation could have turned this unfortunate event around. But I digress.

Can I get an AMEN?

~Nature is my religion and the Earth is my church.

timski

Did we just become best friends?!?! When you put yourself in harms way expect the worst. Better preparation could have turned this unfortunate event around. But I digress.

Can I get an AMEN?

~Nature is my religion and the Earth is my church.

All the preparation in the world sometimes can't do it, either.

I was in Kabul, Afghanistan that day. The whole city was in chaos over some stupid "movie" purportedly on YouTube that there were riots over. The whole thing was a lesson in the power of social media, of text messaging, and so on. A weird video, that few people saw, made by some idiot in California, sparked riots halfway around the world. Riots of such a degree of threat to our safety that the whole city was shut down for NATO personnel there. We were told to hunker down in our camps and wait it out. And be prepared for it to turn nasty.

The guys in Benghazi were thoroughly unlucky. Whether a video prompted the attack, or it was just some bad guys who decided it was a good time to strike, or whatever it was, the folks at the consulate there didn't stand much of a chance. And the nearest help was too far away (though activated immediately - a USMC unit in Rota, Spain) to change the outcome. Even the guys in Tripoli probably wouldn't have changed the outcome, and the local commander there made a good call not to send them, because he would be losing his own ability to defend himself when no one knew what might happen next.

War sucks, generally. And contrary to what it seems Trumpsters and Tea Baggers think, Chuck Norris isn't on standby on a helicopter ready to be anywhere in the world on minutes' notice to save the day. Sometimes the bad guys win, it's just reality. What did matter that day is that a number of people worked really hard and fought bravely to try to keep it from ending how it did. They weren't able to, and it's an insult to their memory and sacrifice to use them as pawns or props for some shitty political hatchet job.

Statement from the IRA the day after the Brighton Hotel Bombing which nearly killed Margaret Thatcher but did cause 5 fatalities including a sitting MP.

"Mrs. Thatcher will now realise that Britain cannot occupy our country and torture our prisoners and shoot our people in their own streets and get away with it. Today we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky once. You will have to be lucky always. Give Ireland peace and there will be no more war." (bolding mine)
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

War sucks, generally. And contrary to what it seems Trumpsters and Tea Baggers think, Chuck Norris isn't on standby on a helicopter ready to be anywhere in the world on minutes' notice to save the day. Sometimes the bad guys win, it's just reality. What did matter that day is that a number of people worked really hard and fought bravely to try to keep it from ending how it did. They weren't able to, and it's an insult to their memory and sacrifice to use them as pawns or props for some shitty political hatchet job.

awesomeness and respect.