billvon

We need that wall NOW!

Two men claimed they were shot by illegal immigrants last month near Candelaria, Texas. Walker Daugherty and Edwin Roberts were both wounded in the incident on January 6. Their friends posted this to Facebook:

==================
Keep this boy in your prayers! Hes still fighting after a shot in the chest by illegals while guiding a hunting trip on the border.. The immigrants were ambushing the RV that his hunter and his wife were staying in. His brother in law and himself saved them from being killed. These boys were shot saving their hunters! Walker Is a man of God a dear friend, and now a hero. We love you Walker Daugherty. This is why we need a wall, and to close our borders! It's the cartel and drug runners coming in and causing hate crimes. Donald Trump better keep his word! . . . #secureourborders
===================

Trump supporter (and Texas Agriculture Commissioner) Sid Miller claimed this was “proof” that the wall was needed.

Well, that's certainly a nail in the coffin of all those anti-wall people!

You all know what's coming next:

==============
Hunting guides charged in connection to Presidio County ranch shooting

Walker Daughetry, second to the left, and Michael Bryant, second to the right, have been charged with using deadly conduct by discharging firearms in the direction of others.

CBS 7/39
Posted: Wed 4:49 PM, Feb 15, 2017

PRESIDIO COUNTY -- Two hunting guides have been charged in connection to a shooting that took place at a Presidio County ranch in January.

According to Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez, both Michael Bryant and Walker Daughetry were indicted by a grand jury on Wednesday for one charge each of using deadly conduct by discharging firearms in the direction of others, a 3rd Degree Felony.

Sheriff Dominguez tells CBS 7 that arrest warrants for both Bryant and Daughetry have been issued, though as of Wednesday afternoon they had not been taken into custody.

On Jan. 6th, a deputy with the Presidio County Sheriff's Office responded to a shooting at the Circle Dug Ranch.

When he arrived on scene, he found Daughetry and their client Edwin Roberts with gunshot wounds.

Both Daughetry and his fiancee claimed to have seen illegal immigrants from Mexico on the property before, and believe the shooters came from across the border.

After the shooting, a GoFundMe page was started for Daughetry's medical bills which garnered over $20,000.

According to Sheriff Dominguez, an investigation into the shooting showed that Daughetry shot Roberts and that Bryant had shot Daughetry.
===============

Oh, well, that's just Texans shooting Texans. Nothing to be seen here. No sirree. No action needed for this; nothing anyone could have done.

I wonder if he'll keep the money?

>How do you respond to the report:

"After an investigation, the police determined that the guides had shot each other in a case of “friendly fire” "

Perhaps "hey guys, a little less of 'friendly' and a little more of 'not shooting your clients' ?"

I wonder why these guys were charged with anything? Was Dick Chaney charged for doing the exact same thing? Or is this some type of local Texas law that had no bearing on Chaney and legislators thought would be good to enact because Texas people are too stupid to not know shooting other people while hunting is unacceptable.

:S

CygnusX-1

I wonder why these guys were charged with anything? Was Dick Chaney charged for doing the exact same thing? Or is this some type of local Texas law that had no bearing on Chaney and legislators thought would be good to enact because Texas people are too stupid to not know shooting other people while hunting is unacceptable.

Not sure, but I'd bet that copious amounts of beer, stupidity and righteous indignation were involved.

CygnusX-1

A quick google of the law in question shows that there needs to be some form of recklessness, negligence, or threatening behaviour involved for the law to apply. I doubt any prosecutor or jury in Texas would think that a simple hunting accident qualifies without some serious aggravating factors.

Lets face it, how ever stupid Cheney was for accidentally shooting that guy I'm going to bet there was a heck of a lot more going on when these morons shot each other.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***I wonder why these guys were charged with anything? Was Dick Chaney charged for doing the exact same thing? Or is this some type of local Texas law that had no bearing on Chaney and legislators thought would be good to enact because Texas people are too stupid to not know shooting other people while hunting is unacceptable.

A quick google of the law in question shows that there needs to be some form of recklessness, negligence, or threatening behaviour involved for the law to apply. I doubt any prosecutor or jury in Texas would think that a simple hunting accident qualifies without some serious aggravating factors.

Lets face it, how ever stupid Cheney was for accidentally shooting that guy I'm going to bet there was a heck of a lot more going on when these morons shot each other.

You would have to be a hunter to understand the nuances of the Cheney incident. But a shotgun was involved when a drive for small birds was going on. He was shooting at a bird, there was bush in the way, the victim was partially obscured.

In his defense the victim was a lawyer.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/node/1006033195

The funny part to that is that to this Day Dick Cheney has never apologized. He and trump must be friends as trump never apologizes either.

CygnusX-1

I wonder why these guys were charged with anything? Was Dick Chaney charged for doing the exact same thing?

Here you go.

They shot at each other on purpose, in the dark, because each was paranoid that the other might have been an illegal immigrant trying to ambush them. So they were protecting the camp by shooting their campmates:S

As Homer Simpson once said 'I love you, but I must kill you!':D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***I wonder why these guys were charged with anything? Was Dick Chaney charged for doing the exact same thing? Or is this some type of local Texas law that had no bearing on Chaney and legislators thought would be good to enact because Texas people are too stupid to not know shooting other people while hunting is unacceptable.

They should be charged with filing a false report.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

billvon

>While all this is true it doesn't mean we don't need a wall...just better hunting guides.

And less fear and hysteria.

Nahh...I think this was Darwinism in effect. If only they'd been better shots. :P
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne