2 2
billvon

Russiagate

billvon

The spin isn't working, Rush. Even with the best efforts of Breitbart, FOX News the GOP and yourself, that turd isn't polishable.

Recent poll:

Do you think Trump fired former FBI Director James Comey in order to protect himself or for the good of the country?

- To protect himself 61%
- For the good of the country 27%

How much do you trust what Trump says about possible Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and related issues: a great deal, a good amount, just some or not at all?

- A great deal 12%
- A good amount 9%
- Just some 22%
- Not at all 50%

Do you think Trump is cooperating with investigations of possible Russian influence in the 2016 election, or is trying to interfere with those investigations?

- Cooperating 34%
- Trying to interfere 56%

With the media drum beat, what would one expect?
Those polled sure as hell are getting truth.

They are getting the same shit you post daily.

NOTHING will come of the Comey testimony.

Those today already deflated the hyperventilating media.

All they, and you, can do is wait with hopeful baited breath, that tomorrow Comey will shell out the goods on Trump.

What a show.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Those today already deflated the hyperventilating media.

Loved the testimony today.

Question: Was there interference with the Russian investigation?

Coates, Rogers: No, we never got that sort of interference, definitely not, we can tell you for sure.

Question: Did Trump pressure you to downplay the investigation into Trump's collusion?

Coates, Rogers: Uhhhhh . . . . no comment.

Yes
It was pretty good.

***“I have, in the three-plus years leading [the agency], to the best of my knowledge, never been directed to do anything I believed to be illegal, immoral or inappropriate … or have felt pressure to do so,” he told committee members.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I do not think Comey is going to say anything.

On May 3rd, under oath, he testified that he was NOT pressured to drop the investigation.

So, if he says differently today he lied under oath. Remember Scooter Libby?

And,

If he does change his tune and says now he was pressured, he has committed a felony by not reporting that immediately to the DOJ.

Quite a pickle he might put himself in.

No. There is a difference between being pressured and being asked. Comey said he didn't feel pressured, and therefore thought simply recording the summary of the meeting was sufficient action.

But then he was fired.

TriGirl

I do not think Comey is going to say anything.

On May 3rd, under oath, he testified that he was NOT pressured to drop the investigation.

So, if he says differently today he lied under oath. Remember Scooter Libby?

And,

If he does change his tune and says now he was pressured, he has committed a felony by not reporting that immediately to the DOJ.

Quite a pickle he might put himself in.

No. There is a difference between being pressured and being asked. Comey said he didn't feel pressured, and therefore thought simply recording the summary of the meeting was sufficient action.

But then he was fired.

The president or others in the executive branch of the gov have the right to ask anything they want of the DOJ or any other enforcement department. At issue was improper pressure. The key to all of this.

But the anti-Trump loons want to make more of this than there is, this story has its own life.

Comey needed firing. He should have been fired BEFORE
Trump came of office. That whole story is another fat nothing burger.

We were also told that the firing of Comey would not have anything to do as to whether the investigation would continued or was slowed.

So what are you after here?
Abraham Lincoln

>Comey needed firing. He should have been fired BEFORE Trump came of office.

Funny, you were very supportive of him back when he was reopening the investigation of Hillary (as was Trump.) But as soon as Comey starts looking into Trump, he is first pressured to stop, then asked to take a loyalty pledge - then when he refused, was fired. And then Trump threatened him if he talked.

He just can't help himself, can he?

I agree. He'll say that Trump asked him or conveyed a wish for him to stop the Flynn investigation to which Comey said "no". That's where the trail ends unless there's a metaphorical smoking gun with fingerprints and blood, etc on it.

It's no secret Trump didn't like the investigation, didn't like how it seemed to cast light on him, didn't like how it implicated people who work for him when he saw no ill intent in what they did.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

billvon

>Comey needed firing. He should have been fired BEFORE Trump came of office.

Funny, you were very supportive of him back when he was reopening the investigation of Hillary (as was Trump.) But as soon as Comey starts looking into Trump, he is first pressured to stop, then asked to take a loyalty pledge - then when he refused, was fired. And then Trump threatened him if he talked.

You post a perfect example of people being led by their nose rings by the MSM.

So I take it that you full believe Trump asked for a loyalty pledge.

Yet even your favorite Fact Check can't back you up.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/05/trump-vs-comey/
So, who here can't help themselves>
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

I agree. He'll say that Trump asked him or conveyed a wish for him to stop the Flynn investigation to which Comey said "no". That's where the trail ends unless there's a metaphorical smoking gun with fingerprints and blood, etc on it.

It's no secret Trump didn't like the investigation, didn't like how it seemed to cast light on him, didn't like how it implicated people who work for him when he saw no ill intent in what they did.

First off, I doubt you will even get that answer.

Second, Trump did not like how the story was spun to cast light on him.

But we can both have our own opinions.
Abraham Lincoln

>Yet even your favorite Fact Check can't back you up.

From the article you posted:

"Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty.

Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation.

But Mr. Trump pressed him on whether it would be “honest loyalty.”

“You will have that,” Mr. Comey told his associates he responded."

You really should read the articles you post.

billvon

"Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty.

Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation.

No, you should,

Here again we have differing accounts of a private conversation between Trump and Comey,

So whose version is correct? As we said, we have not heard from Comey directly on this. After the New York Times story was published, Trump suggested, via Twitter, that there might be a recording of their conversation.

Abraham Lincoln

billvon

I bet you still believe "hands up, don't shoot", really happened.......[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I'm not sure if you read or understood what I wrote but I agreed with you. Are you saying that the word "seemed" isn't specific to mean "spun"?

DJL

I'm not sure if you read or understood what I wrote but I agreed with you. Are you saying that the word "seemed" isn't specific to mean "spun"?

I did understand but I did reply to a couple of points in your post.

I do not think Comey will that direct of an answer. He has put himself into a place where it will be very hard for him to come of that testimony not looking like an idiot.

And the light that was cast on Trump was the light as turned on my media spin.

In any event, like you said, nothing will come of the Comey show tomorrow.
Abraham Lincoln

What Comey actually and fully said was:

“That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said,
“You will get that from me.”
As I wrote in the memo I created immediately after the dinner, it is possible we understood the phrase “honest loyalty” differently, but I decided it wouldn’t be productive to push it further.
The term –honest loyalty –had helped end a very awkward conversation and my explanations had made clear what he should expect.

I do not think Comey will that direct of an answer. He has put himself into a place where it will be very hard for him to come of that testimony not looking like an idiot.

Just read his statement.. He doesn't look like an idiot to me. Trump specifically denying he had anything to do with hookers in Russia is kind of stupid. But I can see somebody like Trump doing that.

Have you read it? Do you think it makes Comey look like an idiot?

normiss

What Comey actually and fully said was:

“That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said,
“You will get that from me.”
As I wrote in the memo I created immediately after the dinner, it is possible we understood the phrase “honest loyalty” differently, but I decided it wouldn’t be productive to push it further.
The term –honest loyalty –had helped end a very awkward conversation and my explanations had made clear what he should expect.

Yup, didn't expect anything more than some version of that exchange.

I did understand but I did reply to a couple of points in your post.

And the light that was cast on Trump was the light as turned on my media spin.

In any event, like you said, nothing will come of the Comey show tomorrow.

Ok, I haven't seen it as spin but as an obvious reaction. If someone was attempting to influence the election then it looks bad for the person being helped, clear and simple, but no more, no less. I'm sure some people think Trump was in there pulling the strings or that it heavily influences the outcome but I haven't seen much of that in my news bubble. I don't watch television news, it's a bunch of entertainment bullshit, so maybe I'm missing all the dramatic music.

I think you're reading into Comey a bit much, he's only ever said that he's appearing as requested to present his memo regarding the meetings and conversations with Trump. He's not Nancy Grace, his testimony reads like stereo directions, just the facts, Ma'me. Having read the memo, I think it does more to confirm my prior beliefs, Trump wanted the Russia stuff to go away and prefers personal loyalty. Comey wasn't going to give it because he works for US interests, not DJT.

SkyDekker

You still believe Trump didn't ask for loyalty? Or were you wrong?

I don't know
No one knows
It is Trumps word against Comey.

If Comey's last statement is correct it is sure as hell not what the left and media tried to make it to be. And that is based on Comey's last statement
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>Comey needed firing. He should have been fired BEFORE Trump came of office.

You post a perfect example of people being led by their nose rings by the MSM.

Yet even your favorite Fact Check can't back you up.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/05/trump-vs-comey/
So, who here can't help themselves>

Yes I do believe that as Comey will testify to that Thursday if asked that question. You have seen the opening statement already published correct?
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3860369/James-Comey-s-June-8-opening-statements.pdf