brenthutch

Berkeley celebrates free speech and diversity

>Yeah how dare he, a gay guy with a black boyfriend having a different point of view to most.

Hopefully most people here have a "different point of view" from Yiannopoulos. From a tweet from the CPAC:

=============
Due to the revelation of an offensive video in the past 24 hours condoning pedophilia, the American Conservative Union has decided to rescind the invitation of Milo Yiannopoulos to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
=============

billvon

>Yeah how dare he, a gay guy with a black boyfriend having a different point of view to most.

Hopefully most people here have a "different point of view" from Yiannopoulos. From a tweet from the CPAC:

=============
Due to the revelation of an offensive video in the past 24 hours condoning pedophilia, the American Conservative Union has decided to rescind the invitation of Milo Yiannopoulos to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
=============

Included links to interviews: http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/19/video-surfaces-of-milo-yiannopoulos-defending-pedophilia-acu-board-reportedly-not-consulted-on-cpac-invite/

Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Book Deal: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/02/20/simon-schuster-cancels-milo-book-deal.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

=============
=============

Since it's contrary to forum rules, all mention of the scumbag should be expunged from DZ.COM.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

lummy

he just resigned from Brietbart

His announcement with transcript: http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/02/21/full-remarks-milo-delivers-speech-press-conference-amid-video-scandal/

Executive summary: "I'm the victim here." :S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>Executive summary: "I'm the victim here."

"This is a cynical media witch hunt from people who don’t care about children. . . . they don’t care about victims, they only care about bringing me down. "

O won't someone save me from the mean, mean media who showed people what I said!

ryoder

***he just resigned from Brietbart

His announcement with transcript: http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/02/21/full-remarks-milo-delivers-speech-press-conference-amid-video-scandal/

Executive summary: "I'm the a victim here." :S

Fixed it to say what I got from his statement.

I read the whole thing. He uses his own abuse as an explanation, and a bit of an excuse, but in several places he apologizes for his comments and explains that he listened to them again and realizes how they were taken (and that they were wrong).

Sure, he also points fingers at the timing of those videos being highlighted (when they existed for quite some time), and questions the motives of his detractors. It isn't a totally humbled retraction of his actions. But at least he acknowledged that the things he said were wrong and inappropriate, and apologized for harm caused to other victims. Doesn't make me like the guy, but I don't think he's evil incarnate, either.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

******he just resigned from Brietbart

Executive summary: "I'm the a victim here." :S

Fixed it to say what I got from his statement.

I read the whole thing. He uses his own abuse as an explanation, and a bit of an excuse, but in several places he apologizes for his comments and explains that he listened to them again and realizes how they were taken (and that they were wrong).

Sure, he also points fingers at the timing of those videos being highlighted (when they existed for quite some time), and questions the motives of his detractors. It isn't a totally humbled retraction of his actions. But at least he acknowledged that the things he said were wrong and inappropriate, and apologized for harm caused to other victims. Doesn't make me like the guy, but I don't think he's evil incarnate, either.

As I was reading it, I was leaning toward giving him the benefit of the doubt...until I got to the paragraph from which BV quoted. Then I realized this is just another public figure who is truly sorry...that he got caught. Nothing more; Nothing less.

billvon

>Executive summary: "I'm the victim here."

"This is a cynical media witch hunt from people who don’t care about children. . . . they don’t care about victims, they only care about bringing me down. "

O won't someone save me from the mean, mean media who showed people what I said!

I think the funniest part of this is how he seems to be surprised that someone would "care about bringing me (him) down."

He openly states that his intentions are to make people angry.

He says outrageous things that are clearly intended to anger people he opposes.

He gloats about making those people angry.

And when these people go digging through his past and find some statements that can be used against him, he's surprised that they make his life difficult.

He certainly has the right to say what he wants. In any manner.

But to think that there would be no consequences for statements that are that inflammatory is pretty stupid.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Then I realized this is just another public figure who is truly sorry...that he got caught. Nothing more; Nothing less.

Let's see how the media comes down on George Takai (sp) for basically the same thing.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Then I realized this is just another public figure who is truly sorry...that he got caught. Nothing more; Nothing less.

Let's see how the media comes down on George Takai (sp) for basically the same thing.

The old "two wrongs make a right" defense.

Did your mother teach you that two wrongs make a right?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.