brenthutch

The first sign that everything is going to be alright

brenthutch

For the first time in years I could buy unlimited.22LR at Walmart. Happy days are here again. As much as I hate Trump, it looks as if he will usher in a period of reduced paranoia

Ironically I just read a story about the LGBT community becoming so frightened that they are stocking up on arms. I guess they are getting to be more mainstream American.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

brenthutch

For the first time in years I could buy unlimited.22LR at Walmart. Happy days are here again. As much as I hate Trump, it looks as if he will usher in a period of reduced paranoia

Yup. Gun stocks took a nose dive after the lection.

Hard to tell people the government is going to take all their guns away with an R in office.

On the flip side, there appears to be more gun purchases amongst liberals.

Federal and CCI both announced they were going to be increasing their production back in February with an estimated 6 month lag to get the new production lines up and running. They were hoping for a 15-20% increase in output based on what I saw at the time. Rimfire manufacture is a pain in the ass and its why you can't do it at home. I have reloaded 12 and 20 gauge for years and looked at doing some center fire rounds but ultimately just buy boxes since I don't want to mess with a lot of dies, tumblers and more powder laying around just for a 100 rounds a year. Rimfire from what I understand needs to have the primer put in like a paste and then powder on top of it. The last time a new 22LR line opened up was decades ago due to the complexity and cost of setting it up but it seems with the changing political landscape over the last 8 years demand far outstripped supply so they finally thought it made financial sense to open new lines. I have around 1000 22LR rounds laying around and might go pick up a few thousand more if I decide to go plinking again one day this winter.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

SkyDekker

***For the first time in years I could buy unlimited.22LR at Walmart. Happy days are here again. As much as I hate Trump, it looks as if he will usher in a period of reduced paranoia

On the flip side, there appears to be more gun purchases amongst liberals.

That is a good thing, liberals and conservatives, slinging lead together at the range.

billvon

>For the first time in years I could buy unlimited.22LR at Walmart.

The gun lobby is not going to be happy. They may need to spread some more fear to keep sales up.

Agreed, they are really going to miss Obama

"Not only has he been unable to pass federal gun legislation – effectively leaving it to the states to take the helm for the most part – but his presidency has seen gun sales hit record highs.

Getting exact gun sale data is tricky: Rather than track sales specifically, the FBI keeps a tally of the number of background checks for gun-related purchases that are processed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), a firearms industry trade association, adjusts that data, for instance by removing checks that don’t result in sales, because it feels that is the best proxy for sales.

According to the adjusted NSSF data, there were 847,808 guns purchased during the month that Obama was sworn in for his first term in 2009, compared with 655,143 guns sold that month the previous year. Fast-forward four years to January 2013, and gun purchases for the month were recorded at 1,790,154."

billvon

>You do realize that Obama actually expanded the rights of gun owners?

Careful; you're going to blow some people's mental fuses with details like that.

I will go with what he says is one of his biggests regrets of his presidency.....

Regarding gun control.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I will go with what he says is one of his biggests regrets of his presidency . . .Regarding gun control.....

He didn't say that that was one of his biggest regrets. I know you don't care; just pointing it out.

It's easy to figure out where you got that line from, though:
==========
Obama Tells CNN His Greatest Regret Was Failure to Secure More Gun Control
Breitbart
8 Dec 2016
==========

Here's what he actually said:

If you ask me where has been the one area where I feel that I’ve been most frustrated and most stymied, it is the fact that the United States of America is the one advanced nation on earth in which we do not have sufficient common sense gun safety laws.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhsm-002&p=obama+regrets+no+gun+control

Interesting what you post for a site but, you can take your pick above.

And knowing you as I do here you probably consider common sense control statement like you do the term climate change.

Which is missleading at best:D
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

And knowing you as I do here you probably consider common sense control statement like you do the term climate change.
Which is missleading at best

Sorry, couldn't parse that sentence, even after correcting the spelling.

Ya. You can....
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Which is missleading at best

Sorry, couldn't parse that sentence, even after correcting the spelling.

Ya. You can....

No Rush, it is honestly unintelligible.

So you have a choice - do you restate your thought so you can try and have a real discussion with Bill, or do you leave it as it is so you can try and score points by claiming it's his fault he can't respond to your post?

I wonder which way you'll go...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

brenthutch

What is the difference between "gun control" and "sufficient common sense gun safety laws?"

To an advocate of completely unrestricted gun access? None. To the majority of Americans according to polls? It depends on how you phrase the question. To the SCOTUS, we don't know yet, stay tuned.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

brenthutch

What is the difference between "gun control" and "sufficient common sense gun safety laws?"

None

They use terms to confuse.

The same with so called climate change.

It is disgusting.....
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

***What is the difference between "gun control" and "sufficient common sense gun safety laws?"

To an advocate of completely unrestricted gun access? None. To the majority of Americans according to polls? It depends on how you phrase the question. To the SCOTUS, we don't know yet, stay tuned.

More and more states have gone to permit less carry and purchase and there have been no negative consequences.

More are moving that way as we speak.

that is a good thing.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******What is the difference between "gun control" and "sufficient common sense gun safety laws?"

More and more states have gone to permit less carry and purchase and there have been no negative consequences.

that is a good thing.

Good, there should be less carry.
People are too quick to kill.

normiss

*********What is the difference between "gun control" and "sufficient common sense gun safety laws?"

that is a good thing.

Good, there should be less carry.
People are too quick to kill.

Ah

actually there is more carry because there are no permits needed.
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Well that's foolish and also not what you said.

No foolish.

I also look for a reciprocity law being passed and signed at the federal level. That law would force states to honor other states carry rules just like a drivers license.

If MO has no permit required to carry other states have to honor that.

This will be a good thing too.
Abraham Lincoln