brenthutch

Stupid white men...

Personally, I like the electoral college. If some loser in Florida can't count chads or some official in some other state doesn't know how to plug in the voting machine it doesn't affect my vote. Some official can claim to find a million votes for the candidate from their state and the only thing it affects is that state's Electoral votes. As it is, every state handles voting itself but this way we don't have to trust them. Their dishonesty or incompetence can only screw up their electoral votes. I'm in Ohio, and I'm not saying that I have a lot of influence over how Ohio handles voting, but as an Ohio voter I have some. I don't have any over how other states do it.

Bob_Church

Personally, I like the electoral college. If some loser in Florida can't count chads or some official in some other state doesn't know how to plug in the voting machine it doesn't affect my vote. Some official can claim to find a million votes for the candidate from their state and the only thing it affects is that state's Electoral votes. As it is, every state handles voting itself but this way we don't have to trust them. Their dishonesty or incompetence can only screw up their electoral votes. I'm in Ohio, and I'm not saying that I have a lot of influence over how Ohio handles voting, but as an Ohio voter I have some. I don't have any over how other states do it.

Fair enough, but in "winner takes all" states a simple 'hanging chad' mistake or a 'new-found million votes' can still have a huge affect on the electoral college numbers.

Bob_Church

Personally, I like the electoral college. If some loser in Florida can't count chads or some official in some other state doesn't know how to plug in the voting machine it doesn't affect my vote.

But it can affect your president, and isn't that the whole point of your vote in the first place?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

brenthutch

Stupid white men
Bernie Sanders
Jill Stein
Gary Johnson
James Comey
Fox News
Fake news
Facebook
Electoral College
Russians
Robots

What will be the next pathetic excuse the Dems promulgate for their embarrassing failure? It is quickly moving from funny to sad.

After watching the Rachel Maddow show tonight, we have to add Obama to the list

brenthutch

***Stupid white men
Bernie Sanders
Jill Stein
Gary Johnson
James Comey
Fox News
Fake news
Facebook
Electoral College
Russians
Robots

What will be the next pathetic excuse the Dems promulgate for their embarrassing failure? It is quickly moving from funny to sad.

After watching the Rachel Maddow show tonight, we have to add Obama to the list

Now we have to add Access Hollywood. They dropped the pu*sy grabbing video on the same day the Obama administration released information linking Russia to the DNC hack and lord knows that in the press will go with pu*sy grabber every time.

You realize that nobody knows what you're talking about, right?

You're just making a list of stuff - and more power to you.

I can do this too:

brenthutch
mohatma ghandi
sauron
That guy down the pub

Holy shit, what is the world coming to?

Edit - and it's Ok. you can say 'pussy' on the internet. You're not going to get detention.

And just to set the record straight, stupid white men probably did t bring you pussy :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

yoink

You realize that nobody knows what you're talking about, right?

I think you ment to say that YOU don't know what I am talking about.

Every single item on my list has been put forth as a reason why HRC lost. Just go the HuffPo and poke around or watch MSNBC from 5-11pm

brenthutch

Wow you guys are pathetic, I would say you are damaged and sad but that would get me a time out so I won't.

So for you, the ability to recognise that the world is a complicated place that can't be fully explained by single line soundbites is 'pathetic'?

Yup, sounds like a right winger:D

brenthutch

Wow you guys are pathetic, I would say you are damaged and sad but that would get me a time out so I won't.

What's really happening is that you thought your list was so clever. But everyone mostly ignored it because it makes no sense. Now your upset 'cuz no one is playing the game.

But you're right about one thing. Something pathetic is going on in this thread.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

But you're right about one thing. Something pathetic is going on in this thread.

Oh, cut him some slack - it's tough for the rightwingers right now.

They're facing the fact that not only is Trump the President that the large majority of voters didn't want, he's not even the President that the people who did vote for him thought they were going to get. He doesn't represent their party, he doesn't represent the common people, he's freely admitting that he never believed in and doesn't care about doing the things he promised to the die-hard right to mobilise them in the election... but they have to swallow all that down and pretend it's all good because he still has an R next to his name.

That kind of denial is hard to deal with, so it's inevitable they'll end up lashing out!:D

"Righties" won the Presidency, the House, the Senat and will have a conservative Supreme Court for at least a generation. (Justice Ted Cruz anyone?)
The Dems are left with Pelosi and a greatly diminished Chuck Schumer (thank you Harry Reid)

Who's crying in their beer now?

Who's crying in their beer now?

You will be when you see what Obamacare repeal really looks like.
Your country did make a hard move to the right for now. But in the end it's only the one step back in the old "two steps forward and one step back" game. Social progress may pause a little, but it won't go backwards. The pace of chance in the last decade has been slightly dizzying. Maybe it's best to just rest a moment and let the right catch their breath.

Maybe Trump will let Ivanka oversee the EPA.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

You will be when you see what Obamacare repeal really looks like.

Why do you assume he (or others of his political bent) would give a damn about 20 million "losers" being stripped of their health insurance?

One of the things I found hardest to get used to when I moved from Canada to the US was the fact that many (not all) Americans regard health care as a commodity, no different than buying an expensive car or a yacht. Access to health care is certainly not regarded as a basic human right, as it is in Canada and the rest of the civilized developed world.

Don