rushmc

Global Temp Changes

I have not been paying too much attention to the Man Made Global Warming Alarmists lately.

That said, I also have not seen the obligatory posts regarding new all time temperature highs either!

Maybe this is why?

Record Global Cooling Over The Last Eight Months

BTW
I know nothing about this site....... but can we talk about the data/measurements?

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/11/record-global-cooling-over-the-last-eight-months/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

NOAA:

Global Analysis - August 2016

This graphic compares the year-to-date temperature anomalies for 2016 (black line) to what were ultimately the seven warmest years on record: 2015, 2014, 2010, 2013, 2005, 2009, and 1998. Each month along each trace represents the year-to-date average temperature anomaly. In other words, the January value is the January average temperature anomaly, the February value is the average anomaly of both January and February, and so on. The average global land and ocean surface temperature for January–August 2016 was 1.01°C (1.82°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.3°F)—the highest global land and ocean temperature for January–August in the 1880–2016 record, surpassing the previous record set in 2015 by 0.16°C (0.29°F).
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/2016/8/supplemental/page-2
==================
WMO:

Global climate breaks new records January to June 2016
21 July 2016
Press Release Number: 8

Geneva, 21 July 2016 (WMO) _ Global temperatures for the first six months of this year shattered yet more records, and mean that 2016 is on track to be the world’s hottest year on record.

Arctic sea ice melted early and fast, another indicator of climate change. Carbon dioxide levels, which are driving global warming, have reached new highs.

Two separate reports from the U.S National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (NASA GISS) both highlighted the dramatic and sweeping changes in the state of the climate.

June 2016 marked the 14th consecutive month of record heat for land and oceans. It marked the 378th consecutive month with temperatures above the 20th century average. The last month with temperatures below the 20th century average was December 1984.
http://public.wmo.int/en/media/press-release/global-climate-breaks-new-records-january-june-2016
========================
Science Daily:
Monthly record-warm streak ends, September second warmest on record for globe
The year to date continues to be record warm

October 18, 2016

August's warmth spread into September, contributing to the warmest year to date for the globe, but not enough to continue the recent 16-month streak of record warmth. Even so, September 2016 ranked as the second warmest September on record.

September was 1.60 degrees F above the 20th-century average, missing last year's record for the month by just 0.07 degrees, according to scientists from NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information.

For the year to date, the average global temperature was 1.78 degrees F above average, surpassing the heat record set in 2015 by 0.23 degrees.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/10/161018144751.htm
=================
Trump:

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.
================

And from a CREDIBLE source:

November 14, 2016

2016 is set to break even the temperature records of 2015.

It is very likely that 2016 will be the hottest year on record, with global temperatures even higher than the record-breaking temperatures in 2015. Preliminary data shows that 2016’s global temperatures are approximately 1.2° Celsius above pre-industrial levels, according to an assessment by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).

Global temperatures for January to September 2016 have been about 0.88° Celsius (1.58°F) above the average (14°C) for the 1961-1990 reference period, which is used by WMO as a baseline. Temperatures spiked in the early months of the year because of the powerful El Niño event of 2015-16. Preliminary data for October indicate that they are at a sufficiently high level for 2016 to remain on track for the title of hottest year on record. This would mean that 16 of the 17 hottest years on record have been this century (1998 was the other one).

Long-term climate change indicators are also record breaking. Concentrations of major greenhouse gases in the atmosphere continue to increase to new records. Arctic sea ice remained at very low levels, especially during early 2016 and the October re-freezing period, and there was significant and very early melting of the Greenland ice sheet.

public.wmo.int/en/media/press-release/provisional-wmo-statement-status-of-global-climate-2016

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

From one of the sites you use.

From their "Our Mandate" tab

As a specialized agency of the United Nations, WMO is dedicated to international cooperation and coordination on the state and behaviour of the Earth’s atmosphere, its interaction with the land and oceans, the weather and climate it produces, and the resulting distribution of water resources.

And we all know their record sucks.
Abraham Lincoln

Cridible to you I am sure.

Again
From their own Mandate tab;

As a specialized agency of the United Nations, WMO is dedicated to international cooperation and coordination on the state and behaviour of the Earth’s atmosphere, its interaction with the land and oceans, the weather and climate it produces, and the resulting distribution of water resources.

:D
Abraham Lincoln

I wonder why the author of that blog publishes under a pseudonym (Steven Goddard) instead of his real name (Tony Heller)? I wonder why Tony Heller feels qualified to run a blog that claims that every single bit of climate data released by NASA, NOAA, etc is fraudulent, when Tony Heller has no relevant academic training and has never published a peer-reviewed climate study of any kind? This is the Tony Heller who has been claiming that the US has been cooling since the 1930s (based on his collection of old newspaper articles). The Tony Heller (AKA Steven Goddard) who is known for a 2008 article in The Register where he posited that Arctic Sea ice is not receding and claimed that data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) showing the opposite was incorrect. Goddard later issued a retraction on his statement. (source)

Oh and by the way Tony Heller is also a virulent birther. Conspiracy nut all the way.

Don

GeorgiaDon

I wonder why the author of that blog publishes under a pseudonym (Steven Goddard) instead of his real name (Tony Heller)? I wonder why Tony Heller feels qualified to run a blog that claims that every single bit of climate data released by NASA, NOAA, etc is fraudulent, when Tony Heller has no relevant academic training and has never published a peer-reviewed climate study of any kind? This is the Tony Heller who has been claiming that the US has been cooling since the 1930s (based on his collection of old newspaper articles). The Tony Heller (AKA Steven Goddard) who is known for a 2008 article in The Register where he posited that Arctic Sea ice is not receding and claimed that data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) showing the opposite was incorrect. Goddard later issued a retraction on his statement. (source)

Oh and by the way Tony Heller is also a virulent birther. Conspiracy nut all the way.

Don

Well, for one thing, much of NASA data has been shown to be questionable at best.
Abraham Lincoln

Well, for one thing, much of NASA data has been shown to be questionable at best.

Who cares? The oceans are rising, the glaciers are melting, and CO2 levels are rising. Fucking simple enough for anyone to see.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Who cares? The oceans are rising, the glaciers are melting, and CO2 levels are rising. Fucking simple enough for anyone to see.

True alarmism
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

True alarmism

Once again. you don't get it. I'm not alarmed. I'm resigned. Your world is full of isms and conspiracies. But the truth is so obvious that you need them. You are the one who is alarmed. You are worried your world will change. And change it will. Not even Trump can stop it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Skydiving can be dangerous.

Please. I read on this website that's supposed to be the world's leading skydiving website that driving to the airport is more dangerous than skydiving. In fact, I've read it from a bunch of expert skydivers with dozens, sometimes hundreds of jumps. They even have statistics to back it up.

- Dan G

DanG

Please. I read on this website that's supposed to be the world's leading skydiving website that driving to the airport is more dangerous than skydiving. In fact, I've read it from a bunch of expert skydivers with dozens, sometimes hundreds of jumps. They even have statistics to back it up.

Driving alarmism at its finest!

gowlerk

True alarmism

Once again. you don't get it. I'm not alarmed. I'm resigned. Your world is full of isms and conspiracies. But the truth is so obvious that you need them. You are the one who is alarmed. You are worried your world will change. And change it will. Not even Trump can stop it.

No, you don't get it. Alarmism is spreading that crap you posted like man is the cause. Man is not. Mother Nature's just taking her course
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>True alarmism

And yet all indisputable facts.

More facts that might alarm you:

Trains take a long time to stop.
Smoking causes cancer.
Drinking and driving is generally a bad idea.

Sure, those are facts. But you left one out. And that is that man is the cause of climate change. That one is not a fact. And that's what all this BS is based on
Abraham Lincoln

>Sure, those are facts. But you left one out. And that is that man is the cause of
>climate change.

That's not a fact, any more than "skydiving is the cause of death" is a fact.

However the rapid warming that we are seeing now (1850-today) is primarily the result of anthropogenic emissions. And that _is_ a fact, even if you don't want it to be. Smokers don't want smoking to be one of the primary causes of lung cancer, either - but that doesn't change what happens to your lungs when you smoke.

(BTW neat change from type 1 denial to type 2 within one thread.)

Man is a cause. Isn't it irresponsible to assume that whatever we do is OK with the environment?
We used to think it was OK to throw sewage into the river. We used to think it was OK to spew whatever we wanted into the air. We used to think there is endless space for trash. We used to think that lead was good for plumbing.

So now we have the giant trash island in the South Pacific. We've had garbage barges that can't find a place to put the trash. We've had air problems in multiple cities. We've had to clean up rivers and lakes. We've had to remediate problems from lead.

We seem to have an opportunity to lessen the impact of a possible problem. I hope to have grandchildren someday. I don't want to have their legacy from my generation be "haha, I got mine, sucks to be you."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Man is a cause. Isn't it irresponsible to assume that whatever we do is OK with the environment?
We used to think it was OK to throw sewage into the river. We used to think it was OK to spew whatever we wanted into the air. We used to think there is endless space for trash. We used to think that lead was good for plumbing.

So now we have the giant trash island in the South Pacific. We've had garbage barges that can't find a place to put the trash. We've had air problems in multiple cities. We've had to clean up rivers and lakes. We've had to remediate problems from lead.

We seem to have an opportunity to lessen the impact of a possible problem. I hope to have grandchildren someday. I don't want to have their legacy from my generation be "haha, I got mine, sucks to be you."

Wendy P.

I have been quite clear when do that I want my grandchildren to choke on bad air and burn their mouths on polluted water.:S
Abraham Lincoln

Expand your sources Wendy. You won't be so sure of yourself I think in the end.https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/11/14/who-needs-the-paris-climate-agreement-co2-emissions-are-declining-on-their-own/
Abraham Lincoln

No, you don't get it. Alarmism is spreading that crap you posted like man is the cause. Man is not. Mother Nature's just taking her course

Well now. That's just plain incorrect. That is not a supportable science based believe. That is a political belief brought on by what you perceive your best financial interests to be. It's possible to make an argument that we can adapt and limit the harm caused. But pretending that the CO2 we are dumping into the atmosphere is not raising global temperatures is egregious fakery.

I have been quite clear when do that I want my grandchildren to choke on bad air and burn their mouths on polluted water.

That's about as intelligible as 99% of the drivel you spew. I suppose it's not your fault though, it's just the result of breathing all the mercury from those coal-fired power plants you love so much.

Don

gowlerk

Well now. That's just plain incorrect. That is not a supportable science based believe. That is a political belief brought on by what you perceive your best financial interests to be. It's possible to make an argument that we can adapt and limit the harm caused. But pretending that the CO2 we are dumping into the atmosphere is not raising global temperatures is egregious fakery.

You (and all the rest of the literate world) are missing the point. All the heat trapping effect of CO2, methane, and other greenhouse gasses is being neutralized by a mysterious force unknown to science. At the same time another mysterious force, also unknown to science but completely independent of any human input, is adding heat. It's just a coincidence that the second force is adding exactly the same amount of heat as the first is neutralizing.

Now that may seem crazy, but once you realize that evil liberals are able to delete Trump's statements regarding hate crimes from the CBS interview, and later (when the deletion is noticed) add the statements back to every recording of the interview (even going into Wendy's house to do so), and also edit people's memories so they remember that they heard Trump speak to the issue when they first heard the interview, then you'll realize that any crazy thing is possible. Possible in Rushland, that is.

Don

Anything is possible in Rushland I suppose. It's right next door to Trumpland. Once all the outsiders have been deported and the treaties torn up the hot air will leave and America will be great again.

But Canada will still be the great WHITE north!

Anything is possible in Rushland I suppose. It's right next door to Trumpland.

Rushland is the front door to Trumpland. To get into Trumpland you have to believe that building a wall around the country and shutting down trade across the border will result in high paying jobs for everyone with no need for that elitist education. You have to believe that massively increasing oil and natural gas production will have no effect on demand for coal. You have to believe that you can cut taxes in half, double spending on the military, and at the same time eliminate the deficit. You have to believe that America was at its best in the 1950s, when Jim Crow laws were in effect and women had almost no options for careers other than being homemakers.

But Canada will still be the great WHITE north!

Hopefully Canada will be able to diversify its trade with Europe, Asia, etc so it won't get pulled under when the US economy craters. Also, every time I'm back in Canada I have the impression that it is more diverse than the parts of the US I'm familiar with.

Don