DJL

Russian Build-up in Syria

As it's them doing the dirty work of kicking out (eliminating) ISIS/Al-Qaeda/etc and not us, so that Syria can get back to being a country again, then fine with me.

Looks like they've done a good job of convincing the world that ISIS is why they're there. Psssst....neither ISIS nor rebel forces have the air power that would require anti-air missile installations.

I think we'll find that all those other groups fighting against Assad will be pounded to shit before ISIS gets full attention. Make no mistake, Russia is there to prop up Assad. No more.

At the end of it all, will the war crimes (dirty work) be a justified means to the end?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

At the end of it all, will the war crimes (dirty work) be a justified means to the end?

It always is.

You're right about Russia being there to prop up Assad. They've backed him (and his father before him) for a long, long time.

They may be helping out the rest of the world by fighting against Daesh,, but that's not what they are there for.

They're there to keep Assad in power. Period.
No matter what it takes.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Elisha

As it's them doing the dirty work of kicking out (eliminating) ISIS/Al-Qaeda/etc and not us, so that Syria can get back to being a country again, then fine with me.

Right, because that worked so well in Afghanistan. Wait, no - Ok it worked so well in Iraq. Wait, no - Ok it worked so well in.... help me out here?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***As it's them doing the dirty work of kicking out (eliminating) ISIS/Al-Qaeda/etc and not us, so that Syria can get back to being a country again, then fine with me.

Right, because that worked so well in Afghanistan. Wait, no - Ok it worked so well in Iraq. Wait, no - Ok it worked so well in.... help me out here?

Libya? :)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

vortexring

******As it's them doing the dirty work of kicking out (eliminating) ISIS/Al-Qaeda/etc and not us, so that Syria can get back to being a country again, then fine with me.

Yeah..... or no.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

***As it's them doing the dirty work of kicking out (eliminating) ISIS/Al-Qaeda/etc and not us, so that Syria can get back to being a country again, then fine with me.

Except they aren't.

90% of their strikes are against US backed rebels.

Did you notice in the last debate how HRC mentioned our growing problem with Russia? I think she will go to war much quicker than DT. However, it is possible with either one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

vortexring

******As it's them doing the dirty work of kicking out (eliminating) ISIS/Al-Qaeda/etc and not us, so that Syria can get back to being a country again, then fine with me.

Yes, Afghanistan, Iraq, & Libya are all peaceful productive democracies thanks to US intervention.
Heck, we had all that money lying around anyway, if we hadn't gotten involved over there, we might have wasted it all on things like healthcare for our citizens.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

RonD1120

Except they aren't.

90% of their strikes are against US backed rebels.

Did you notice in the last debate how HRC mentioned our growing problem with Russia? I think she will go to war much quicker than DT. However, it is possible with either one.

I think Trump has too much money to lose in Russia to do anything but what Putin tells him to do.

>I think she will go to war much quicker than DT.

==========
TRUMP: Let me explain. Let me explain. Somebody hits us within ISIS — you wouldn`t fight back with a nuke?

MATTHEWS: OK. The trouble is, when you said that, the whole world heard it. . . .Nobody wants to hear that about an American president.

TRUMP: Then why are we making them? Why do we make them?
==========
BOLLING: Donald, I understand they are not taking the cards off the table [for nuclear response] for ISIS or Islamic terror. But when Chris expanded to Europe, what about that?

TRUMP: Europe is a big place. I’m not going to take cards off the table. We have nuclear capability.
==========
HEWITT: Of the three legs of the [nuclear] triad, though, do you have a priority? I want to go to Senator Rubio after that and ask him.

TRUMP: I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me.
==========

RonD1120

So you are saying DT would end a war the world and civilization as we know it sooner than HRC.

Fixed it for you :)
Anyone who thinks there wouldn't be serious, long term consequences with any nuclear exchange is either hopelessly naive, deliberately obtuse or an idiot.

For Trump, I'd go with at least two out of three.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo