RonD1120

Graffiti "Kill White People"

>In the people group called Christian there are believers, unbelievers and make
>believers. They all go to church, at least some of the time. Not all believers are
>true disciples. A true disciple listens to the Holy Spirit.

I'd say a true Christian listens to the teachings of Christ, but that's just me.

>The message of the true disciple is that Jesus Christ is that He is the way, the
>truth and the life. No one will enter eternal life with accepting Him.

Yep. All sorts of Christian sects have ways of defining what a "real" Christian is, and who will "win the game." To me it's pretty simple (and in fact is inherent in the name Christian.)

normiss

It means the exact same thing as allahu akbar.
Ron thinks his religion is the only one.
Convert or die.

I fail to see how shouting allahu akbar before blowing yourself up is anything like Ron asking somebody on their deathbed to accept Jesus Christ.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>I fail to see how shouting allahu akbar before blowing yourself up is anything like
>Ron asking somebody on their deathbed to accept Jesus Christ.

Shouting "Allahu Akbar" before blowing yourself up is very much like saying "prepare to meet your maker!" before shooting someone.

Saying "Allahu Akbar" to someone is very much like saying " Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life" to someone.

Pretty simple.

John 3:16
John 14:6

Romans 3:23
Romans 3:10-18
Romans 6:23
Romans 5:8
Romans 10:9
Romans 5:1
Romans 8:1
Romans 8:38,39

Would you like to follow the Romans Road to salvation? If so, here is a simple prayer you can pray to God. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Jesus Christ for your salvation. The words themselves will not save you. Only faith in Jesus Christ can provide salvation! "God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. With your help, I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

https://www.gotquestions.org/Romans-road-salvation.html
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven."

So . . . no concept of personal responsibility. Do whatever you want as long as you believe in Jesus and you'll be "saved."

/sigh
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't worry about Central FL Rednecks

Should black people be? Or not, as long as they're "properly respectful?" Maybe the same thing goes the other way.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Have you ever given consideration, that there have been countless generations before you who were convinced that they would see the return of Jesus during their lifetimes? These same people claimed that the times that they were living in were unique and that the Bible clearly foretold of these times.

Have you ever given this serious consideration?

Have you ever given consideration, that there have been countless generations before you who were convinced that they would see the return of Jesus during their lifetimes? These same people claimed that the times that they were living in were unique and that the Bible clearly foretold of these times.

That's completely different.

I mean, sure, there were times that plagues killed 75 million people over the course of a few years, but that's not all that bad. They were probably bad people anyway.

And yeah, there was a time when we were minutes away from a nuclear war that would have killed millions. But nuclear weapons are so 1960.

And ok, if you want to get technical, we've had world wars that killed millions and involved the entire planet, ecologic disasters that wiped out huge numbers of species and killed thousands, eclipses that echoed Biblical prognostications of Armageddon and religious wars that were nearly word-for-word what the Bible predicted.

That's nothing. Today SYRIANS are coming to the US and scaring Ron! The end times are surely upon us.

It's fine for Ron to believe in the Jesus myth, and the end times as well. But it does get a little annoying the way he natters on about it here. He's like an Islamist looking for converts. Not much real difference between the promise of eternal reward and the 72 virgin thing. Except that at Ron's age 72 virgins doesn't have that much appeal because what in the hell would he do with them?

Which brings up a question I have. If I accept Jesus into my heart as my savior and all that, when I die and go to heaven will I be an old guy like I am now, an even older guy like I probably will be when I die, a young child, an 18 year old, a twenty five year old, do I get to choose?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Absolutely and then we have Israel becoming a nation in 1948. The fig tree budded. The Bible says that not one generation will pass until His return. The question is, what is the length of a Biblical generation? Is it twenty years, a hundred years or is it an era?

The anti-Christ will bring peace to the Mideast. The current situation certainly points to the need. That peace is the beginning of the Seven Year Tribulation period and the persecution of the Church.

We are studying to determine if the Rapture of the Church will take place pre, mid or post Tribulation. Some believe we will be called out before the period begins. The others believe we will suffer persecution but not the wrath of the anti-Christ, which is the last 3.5 years.

Some believe that the Church has failed, through compromise with the secular world, to the point that God will allow us to suffer Satan's wrath but will remove us before His wrath. Most scholars currently fall in the first two, pre and mid Tribulation.

These positions are all academic. Our only message of value at this time is the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth and the only path to eternal life. It is God's plan for you and He gave you the free will to make the choice.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

DanG

The more I read and hear religious talk (all religions, not just Christianity) the more I realize how completely insane it all is.

Ron has absolutely nothing to lose. He believes he has everything to gain. Or so he says. I believe that deep down in their hearts people who spout this stuff do so because they want it to be true, but know it is not. So they say it over and over in an attempt to keep their spirits and beliefs up.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

We have personal experience. You can have it too.

Jesus Christ is the answer to your inner conflict. He is THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE. He is the bridge to peace of mind.

You are a free moral agent.

I attended a church service last week. The droning of the masses at prearranged cues was so cultish it was chilling. "Thanks be to God" and "It is right to give him thanks and praise" said by hundreds of people in a low monotone was really creepy.

I generally agree with your assessment. Say anything enough times as it starts sounding like the truth. Say it with a group of people who all agree and it becomes indistinguishable from the truth.

- Dan G

DanG

I attended a church service last week. The droning of the masses at prearranged cues was so cultish it was chilling. "Thanks be to God" and "It is right to give him thanks and praise" said by hundreds of people in a low monotone was really creepy.

I generally agree with your assessment. Say anything enough times as it starts sounding like the truth. Say it with a group of people who all agree and it becomes indistinguishable from the truth.

When did this thread turn to the current US presidential campaign?

RonD1120

This is where I used to live before evacuating to the north GA mountains.

http://www.10news.com/news/national/graffiti-on-busy-road-says-kill-white-people

It has been fortold by the Prophet Paul and proclaimed by his disciple Art.

"The people bowed and prayed to the Neon God they made"

"The words of the Prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls"

Surely the end is near and this shall come to pass. You are doomed.

RonD1120

Absolutely and then we have Israel becoming a nation in 1948. The fig tree budded. The Bible says that not one generation will pass until His return. The question is, what is the length of a Biblical generation? Is it twenty years, a hundred years or is it an era?

I have never understood why people feel that Israel was some type of prophecy. A bunch of people who believed in the bible voted to make a general nonspecific prediction come true and then called it prophecy. On the other hand, when a specific claim is printed the bible seems to be subject to interpretation or just flat out wrong. Read the passages about the Island of Tyre.

I also can't help but wonder why an omniscient and omnibenevolent god keeps forming souls in the whom that he knows will never accept Christiainity and therefore will be turtored in hell for eternity.

Maybe you could explain it to me, so far no clergy members have been able to even draft a good excuse.

Bible history and prophecy are difficult subjects.

The only pertinent message at this point is to confess that you are a sinner. Ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and take control. Then you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide you on your path of salvation.

That is the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You do not have to live eternally lost from God, as you are now.