Amazon

News about some frequent posters fellow travellers

Amazon

Ok so we know you HATE all liberals.......

http://www.erasingus.com/2015/07/know-your-enemy-5-types-of-white.html
Edited to go to THE SOURCE

Know Your Enemy: The 5 Types of White Liberal Men

And.. . . .?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Funny enough I guess and easy enough to say, "hey, I know a couple guys in these groups....) - but this kind of mean and rude mischaracterization (stereotyping, caricaturization) of the 'other' side is what I find so wrong with the hyper liberals on this board - so it's not so great to see it going both ways more and more lately in discourse outside these forums. It just leads to putting the other guy in a simple little box of 'those evil or stupid guys' and then dismissing their real concerns and just insulting them and piling on.

apparently it isn't one or the other philosophy that drives this type of stuff, it's just the culture evolution in general and everybody now gets off taking a lazy and mean route in belittling the opposition instead of learning to respect each other and debate honorably

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Funny enough I guess and easy enough to say, "hey, I know a couple guys in these groups....) - but this kind of mean and rude mischaracterization (stereotyping, caricaturization) of the 'other' side is what I find so wrong with the hyper liberals on this board - so it's not so great to see it going both ways more and more lately in discourse outside these forums. It just leads to putting the other guy in a simple little box of 'those evil or stupid guys' and then dismissing their real concerns and just insulting them and piling on.

apparently it isn't one or the other philosophy that drives this type of stuff, it's just the culture evolution in general and everybody now gets off taking a lazy and mean route in belittling the opposition instead of learning to respect each other and debate honorably

How many years now has it been on this website and this forum in particular where anything perceived by the legion of compassionate conservatives as liberal is demonized. They have shifted so far to the radical side of the fascist right that anyone not goose stepping along with them is a liberal.... and are derided.
I know you have seen that... there is no room in the modern GOP for anything not ultra conservative as evidenced by the current crop of politicians running for president.. Anyone having views approaching moderate is seen as RINO's in the new GOP. This is not your daddys GOP. Do you think the white supremacists as found on that website would vote for anyone but the GOP candidate in whatever perfect little right wing enclave they live in??

Look at the bolded section you yourself used [:/]

Amazon

***Funny enough I guess and easy enough to say, "hey, I know a couple guys in these groups....) - but this kind of mean and rude mischaracterization (stereotyping, caricaturization) of the 'other' side is what I find so wrong with the hyper liberals on this board - so it's not so great to see it going both ways more and more lately in discourse outside these forums. It just leads to putting the other guy in a simple little box of 'those evil or stupid guys' and then dismissing their real concerns and just insulting them and piling on.

How many years now has it been on this website and this forum in particular where anything perceived by the legion of compassionate conservatives as liberal is demonized. They have shifted so far to the radical side of the fascist right that anyone not goose stepping along with them is a liberal.... and are derided.
I know you have seen that... there is no room in the modern GOP for anything not ultra conservative as evidenced by the current crop of politicians running for president.. Anyone having views approaching moderate is seen as RINO's in the new GOP. This is not your daddys GOP. Do you think the white supremacists as found on that website would vote for anyone but the GOP candidate in whatever perfect little right wing enclave they live in??

Look at the bolded section you yourself used [:/]

you realize I'm comparing hyper-liberals with hyper-conservatives (as represented in that fluff article), don't you? there are analogous types at all levels on both sides. This board has reasonable liberals, and very moderate liberals too. I'm picking out a small number of specific posters without naming names. (if you want to contrast the extremes, consider Wendy vs Funjumper as a good example of a style that's positive and constructive vs.....something else)

the ones that wallow in the stereotypes of the other sides - I suspect they don't know they are in that sliver group

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm usually pretty good at this but I really can't decide here.

It's so outrageous that it can't be true but it's so unfunny that it can't be satire. Does this guy mean it, like, for real?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

It's so outrageous that it can't be true but it's so unfunny that it can't be satire. Does this guy mean it, like, for real?

From a group worried that white people are disappearing from the planet?????

Its all the fault of the liberals... and just for further insight..... just read the other articles....

jakee

I suspect it's a combo of glib, and quasi-serious, and authors that have no real depth of thought or writing ability.

I'll explain it for you by switching liberal with cons...

1 - take all you think you know about the absolute most extreme evangelical you've read about. pretend anyone that's ever gone to church is exactly like this guy.
2 - do the same with nutty congressmen that are shown to be perverts and pretend that all people that have stated they appreciate 'individualism' are actually in the closet and in a creepy way
3 - take a couple Darwin Award stories and pretend that all gun owners are just like this
4 - deny that people on the right actually range from those nutbags all the way to someone pretty much just like you and all your best friends

Now - stay in denial and stick with the premise that the media stories are absolutely true and not biased by their own political bias

5 - Write a clever fluff piece about 'conservatives.

c'mon - the results do make you chuckle

we are seeing a LOT of articles about 'what kind of people'.....from both sides - I attribute it to a lot of Freshmen in college being indoctrinated by professors (or rebelling against the indoctrination) are having to write papers and then posting to the internet just because. Seriously, these papers don't even talk about real stuff.

actually - no need to pretend - we already participate in Speaker's Corner threads

Thanks Amazon!!!

I wish you would have put a warning in or something that it was a white supremacist site so I wouldn't have clicked on it from my work computer.

If I get fired I'm gonna sue!!! (Just kidding:ph34r:)

Seriously, you find some of the most fucked up shit on the web. What do you do all day?

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Amazon

***I'm usually pretty good at this but I really can't decide here.

From a group worried that white people are disappearing from the planet?????

Its all the fault of the liberals... and just for further insight..... just read the other articles....

Perhaps this is different spinoff of the onion. Just last week I read an article about Tony romo having ovarian cancer.

rehmwa

I'll explain it for you by switching liberal with cons...

whoops, nevermind - who finds it funny, who thinks this guy is just writing satire and doesn't believe it.

I believe shallow minded idiots like these two authors should be put in the same room.....and then evacuate the oxygen from that room.

http://www.politicalgarbagechute.com/5-types-of-conservatives-to-just-ignore/

jakee

This might be a clue:
"Posted by Buster Himen"

I agree, though, that it's too over the top to be very funny.

I also wonder how it is that Amazon knows about such sites.

Don

whoops, nevermind - who finds it funny, who thinks this guy is just writing satire and doesn't believe it.

It's a different level. He's writing about people (or rather, online personas) who do exist. You've seen them here. Why he's bothered writing an article about them I don't know, but it's the level and volume of racial hatred and black dick / white chick fixation that sets the OPs link apart.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

GeorgiaDon

***I'm usually pretty good at this but I really can't decide here.

This might be a clue:
"Posted by Buster Himen"

I agree, though, that it's too over the top to be very funny.

I also wonder how it is that Amazon knows about such sites.

Don

I read articles about the hatred that exists in this country and the groups promulgating it.... almost any post picks up the bottom feeders who post links to what they believe is wrong with the country... especially since they are invested in their own severe case of ODS.[:/]

jgoose71

Thanks Amazon!!!

I wish you would have put a warning in or something that it was a white supremacist site so I wouldn't have clicked on it from my work computer.

Seriously, you find some of the most fucked up shit on the web. What do you do all day?

She unnecessarily hassles Barnes & Noble employees just to win internet arguments...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

***Thanks Amazon!!!

She unnecessarily hassles Barnes & Noble employees just to win internet arguments...

They got a chuckle out of it... and could not believe that anyone would actually put that out there about their stores I will not repeat what they actually said.... that would be a PA .... but feel free to find a Barnes and Noble that has "On the Origin of Species" in the fiction section.

Have you ever really read it or just heard what others have misrepresented???

Oh and I ordered a hardback copy for my library.

Now go ahead and head back to thinking everything not in THE BOOK is the gospel of Satan.... I never was exposed to that one before[:/]