Amazon

SCOTUS Ya'll can get your gay weddings now.

From a friend:

"We need to stop giving government handouts to these lazy, entitled, self-righteous people that don't want to work. Why should hard-working Americans have to pay for them?"

She was, of course, referring to county clerks who refuse to do the job they are paid to do.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>She was, of course, referring to county clerks who refuse to do the job they are
>paid to do.

Not this one surely! She said this after she was elected:

“My words can never express the appreciation, but I promise to each and every one that I will be the very best working clerk that I can be and will be a good steward of their tax dollars and follow the statutes of this office to the letter.”

And I'm pretty sure the Bible instructs her not to lie.

Oh, yeah!

BREAKING: Kim Davis Held In Contempt Of Court, Now In U.S. Marshals’ Custody

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/09/03/3698419/breaking-kim-davis-held-in-contempt-of-court-now-in-us-marshals-custody/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Driver1

Then there's this, which clarifies her marital history...

http://media.fyre.co/EohA9H6OThqF6DrPpj3c_1414201217063611052.jpg

:S:D

Excellent!
I had read bits and pieces of her marriage/kids story, and only yesterday finally got the whole picture.
This is so much more concise!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

Judge Bunning said Ms. Davis, who is an elected official, would be released once she agreed to comply with his order and issue the marriage licenses.

Good!
Of course the other obvious option is for her to resign, so someone can take the position, who is capable of doing the job.

ryoder

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

Judge Bunning said Ms. Davis, who is an elected official, would be released once she agreed to comply with his order and issue the marriage licenses.

Good!
Of course the other obvious option is for her to resign, so someone can take the position, who is capable of doing the job.

What happens if this circlejerk starts again? What if she agrees to comply, but then refuses to issue licenses again?

JohnnyMarko

***http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

Good!

What happens if this circlejerk starts again? What if she agrees to comply, but then refuses to issue licenses again?

From what I've read, since she has been cited for contempt, she can be removed via impeachment.
But the state legislature is not scheduled to meet until next year, unless a special session is called.

then she goes right back to jail again.

I'm pretty sure that once you've been in an actual jail, you will do lots of things to stay out of it.

Bad food, and it is super cold inside the cell.

I'll give her a week before she changes her mind to either start issuing licenses or resign from her position.

what really bothers me is that she gets paid $80,000 dollar salary in Kentucky, when the state's minimum wage is less than 10 bucks, and rental for a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment is less than 750 bucks including utility.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

stayhigh

then she goes right back to jail again.

I'm pretty sure that once you've been in an actual jail, you will do lots of things to stay out of it.

Bad food, and it is super cold inside the cell.

I'll give her a week before she changes her mind to either start issuing licenses or resign from her position.

what really bothers me is that she gets paid $80,000 dollar salary in Kentucky, when the state's minimum wage is less than 10 bucks, and rental for a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment is less than 750 bucks including utility.

$1,800 without utilities gets me a 2 bed, 1 bath

Then again, I get to live in Denver and not Kentucky :)

Anyone else notice that Kim Davis replaced her mother, (who held the office for 37 years), and one of her deputy clerks is her son?

The nepotism runs strong there.

headoverheels

***Outstanding meme there! :D

Update - 5 out of 6 deputy clerks have decided they didn't want to be cavity-searched. :ph34r:

Yes, but the judge said the the other (her son) won't face any fine or jail time since the other deputies have agreed to issue the licenses. Why can he refuse?

Maybe they thought having her for a mother was punishment enough?:|

they are getting way over paid.

County clerk gets $80,000???

How much do the mayor of this town make? 6 fig?

the judge made absolutely right decision. separation of state and church.

If this has gotten passed, the whole system will be broken down due to religious clause.

"Oh, I'm just walking around naked because my religion says I have to be completely naked on Fridays."

"Oh, you are women, I've just gone Jihadism and I refuse to let you get a drivers license because my religion says you have to wear a burka and stay home."

see, doesn't work that way...
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

headoverheels

***Outstanding meme there! :D

Update - 5 out of 6 deputy clerks have decided they didn't want to be cavity-searched. :ph34r:

Yes, but the judge said the the other (her son) won't face any fine or jail time since the other deputies have agreed to issue the licenses. Why can he refuse?

Maybe because he's just a deputy, not the actual "clerk." Maybe because the licenses are going to get issued. Maybe because the judge felt that one family member in jail was enough.

I'd kind of like to see some sanction for his refusal, but I'm not too worked up about it.

I did find it funny, though, that the licenses issued by the deputy clerks are going to bear Davis' signature. Apparently there were some pre-signed forms from before the kerfuffle. (Heard it on the news tonight, but can't find a link)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Amazon

It's all ok they are just cum-passionate conservatives having normal sex...none of that gay stuff

"I say, haven't seen Churmondley* at the club."

"You hadn't heard? He was booted for having sex with a sheep!"

"You don't say! Ram or a ewe?"

"Ewe of course - nothing queer about old Churmondley!"

* pronounced 'chumley'