Amazon

9 African Americans shot in a church in Charleston SC

Driver1

Westboro Baptist would just ratchet up the bullshit. :S

The only time I've known of WBC showing up in SC was in Jan of '12. Somehow someone go info on the hotel they were in. The nutters made a choice to not leave the hotel until well after the funeral was over. I've heard pretty reliable rumors of another similar situation but that's the only one I know. We have a lot of people around here that are too poor to sue and don't mind another 90 days at the county. (clarification-I was NOT at the hotel in '12-I reread and saw that it might seem I was part of that group. I can't claim that honor)
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

coozer

Im still trying to figure out when Ireland, Britain, or Germany became their own continents.

and you are probably over looking the fact that 99% of 'African Americans' would not have a clue about which particular nation their ancestors were 'stolen' from.

Heck, the country they came from is probably called something completely different now.

The DNA testing has made that FACT by comparing to data bases of people tested and living today so that many can indeed tell which country they were "stolen" from. The names of the former colonies may have changed in the 20th century but the locations in Africa did not. It starts by breaking it down into regions of Africa... North or Sub Saharan African and then into Central or West Africa...Ain't technology fun... It removes so much of the whole reasoning racists use to segregate peoples. It boils down to humans are a species that survived a major extinction event about 60 to 70000 years ago and our ancestors ALL came out of Africa after that event.

Amazon

Im still trying to figure out when Ireland, Britain, or Germany became their own continents.

and you are probably over looking the fact that 99% of 'African Americans' would not have a clue about which particular nation their ancestors were 'stolen' from.

Heck, the country they came from is probably called something completely different now.

The DNA testing has made that FACT by comparing to data bases of people tested and living today so that many can indeed tell which country they were "stolen" from. The names of the former colonies may have changed in the 20th century but the locations in Africa did not. It starts by breaking it down into regions of Africa... North or Sub Saharan African and then into Central or West Africa...Ain't technology fun... It removes so much of the whole reasoning racists use to segregate peoples. It boils down to humans are a species that survived a major extinction event about 60 to 70000 years ago and our ancestors ALL came out of Africa after that event.

I doubt that Dylann Roof cared much about that. His stated motives were made very clear.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

I doubt that Dylann Roof cared much about that. His stated motives were made very clear.

Yes Indeed.
It would be interesting to see what his DNA revealed.

Amazon

Simple. Because the stated motivation of the shooter was race, not religion.

So lowering ones self to the level of a psychopathic murderer is the done thing...

Gptcha :S

Like I said, fueling the fire.

Go for it

I've always wanted to try that, since I'm adopted and have no family history, but I'm always scared it's going to come back with only 50% gay.

Amazon

Yes Indeed.

Testing DNA for ethnic ancestry is a guess at best.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-21687013

But in a public guide, published by Sense About Science, Prof David Balding and Prof Mark Thomas of University College London warn that such histories are either so general as to be "personally meaningless or they are just speculation from thin evidence".
The scientists say that genetic profiles cannot provide accurate information about an individual's ancestry.
They say "the genetic ancestry business uses a phenomenon well-known in other areas such as horoscopes, where general information is interpreted as being more personal than it really is".

Here is what National Geographic has to say:

“Modern day indigenous populations around the world carry particular blends of these regions. We compared your DNA results to the reference populations we currently have in our database and estimated which of these were most similar to you in terms of the genetic markers you carry. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you belong to these groups or are directly from these regions, but that these groups were a similar genetic match and can be used as a guide to help determine why you have a certain result.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9912822/DNA-ancestry-tests-branded-meaningless.html

The warning was backed by a number of leading genetics experts. Steve Jones, Emeritus Professor of Human Genetics at UCL said: “On a long trudge through history – two parents, four great-grandparents, and so on – very soon everyone runs out of ancestors and has to share them.

"As a result, almost every Briton is a descendant of Viking hordes, Roman legions, African migrants, Indian Brahmins, or anyone else they fancy.”

His colleague Prof Mark Thomas said: "These claims are usually planted by the companies that provide these so-called tests and are not backed up by published scientific research. This is business, and the business is genetic astrology.”

Tracey Brown, Director of Sense About Science added: “Genetics researchers are telling us that you are better off digging around in your loft than doing a DNA ancestry test if you want to find out about your family tree."

http://rebeccaskloot.blogspot.com/2006/06/bogus-ness-of-dna-testing-for.html

Their conclusion and mine: These tests can be fun, and they have some definite use in medical research, but they simply can't tell you anything definitive about your heredity unless you're testing your DNA and comparing it to someone else's to find out if you're related. These tests most certainly can't tell you what you're not -- as in, you're not African-American.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Yes Indeed.

Testing DNA for ethnic ancestry is a guess at best.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-21687013

But in a public guide, published by Sense About Science, Prof David Balding and Prof Mark Thomas of University College London warn that such histories are either so general as to be "personally meaningless or they are just speculation from thin evidence".
The scientists say that genetic profiles cannot provide accurate information about an individual's ancestry.
They say "the genetic ancestry business uses a phenomenon well-known in other areas such as horoscopes, where general information is interpreted as being more personal than it really is".

Here is what National Geographic has to say:

“Modern day indigenous populations around the world carry particular blends of these regions. We compared your DNA results to the reference populations we currently have in our database and estimated which of these were most similar to you in terms of the genetic markers you carry. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you belong to these groups or are directly from these regions, but that these groups were a similar genetic match and can be used as a guide to help determine why you have a certain result.

The tests that Nat Geo did...... tested for very few markers... the Autosomal testing has evolved.. as has the technology. There is also new testing going on in the UK that is far more accurate and is revealing the tribal nature of the peoples and their home regions.

coozer

Simple. Because the stated motivation of the shooter was race, not religion.

So lowering ones self to the level of a psychopathic murderer is the done thing...

It's a bit early in the day to start drinking.

Go for it

A curve ball in this...

Someone that was born in the USA, that had dutch descendants that have lived in South Africa since the early 1800's, who's parents moved to the united states before they were born is also an African american.

Heck if they moved to Peru they would be an African american. And they would be just as African american as someone who's family has been in the US for many generations.

If you believe wanna go down the DNA path... all humans originated in Africa according to many historians.

Therefore all Americans are African Americans.

The whole race by country is a farce.

You are either Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid or Australoid...

There are no other option when it comes to race.

All of whom are people.

If it is not politically correct to say Negroid, Or Negro, then it is not politically correct to say Black or African American either.

coozer

Go for it

A curve ball in this...

Someone that was born in the USA, that had dutch descendants that have lived in South Africa since the early 1800's, who's parents moved to the united states before they were born is also an African american.

Heck if they moved to Peru they would be an African american. And they would be just as African american as someone who's family has been in the US for many generations.

If you believe wanna go down the DNA path... all humans originated in Africa according to many historians.

Therefore all Americans are African Americans.

The whole race by country is a farce.

You are either Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid or Australoid...

There are no other option when it comes to race.

All of whom are people.

If it is not politically correct to say Negroid, Or Negro, then it is not politically correct to say Black or African American either.

The expression "African American" has been in use since 1831. It's meaning is well defined and well known.

>The whole race by country is a farce.
>You are either Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid or Australoid...
>There are no other option when it comes to race.

Every group wants to identify themselves with other people in their groups, and have descriptive words both for themselves and people not like themselves. Working in a predominantly Jewish area on Long Island I was a goyim. Then I was a nerd instead of a jock. Then I became a skydiver and everyone else suddenly became a whuffo. Then other people were vanilla. Then other people were "management." Then I was management and so the world became divided into "technical" and "business" and "legal."

Same thing happens with any group out there. People want words to identify their own little group. Fine by me.

coozer

Well Obama said nigger publicly a couple days ago and he is the 2015 president not some 1960's president caught on a phone call tape, so it must be good to use by everyone now right?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/politics/barack-obama-n-word-race-relations-marc-maron-interview/

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

coozer

Same thing happens with any group out there. People want words to identify their own little group. Fine by me.

Groups are groups...

Race is Race...

This whole thing is supposed to be about racial issues. not group issues.

Well this incident was CERTAINLY all about racial issues. He did not choose people at random.... he knew exactly what he was doing on that night.... and made sure the people there knew... according to reports from others there in the church who lived.[:/]

coozer

Groups are groups...

Race is Race...

This whole thing is supposed to be about racial issues. not group issues.

Never studied set theory, did you?

Anvilbrother

Well Obama said nigger publicly a couple days ago and he is the 2015 president not some 1960's president caught on a phone call tape, so it must be good to use by everyone now right?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/politics/barack-obama-n-word-race-relations-marc-maron-interview/Sure. Because context means nothing to some people. I guess that's too subtle for them. :S

Don

Sure. Because context means nothing to some people. I guess that's too subtle for them

Yea I know exactly what he was talking about and why he said it. I would still think he would censor himself and use a different way to say it. Its low for a modern day president to stoop that low for shock value.

billvon

>Well Obama said nigger publicly a couple days ago and he is the 2015 president not
>some 1960's president caught on a phone call tape, so it must be good to use by
>everyone now right?

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

No thanks lol!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1104139/Whats-neighbor-N-word-prank.html