ibx

Iconic gunmaker Colt is on the brink of bankruptcy

Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.

I am sure the management team at the company will come out of the bankruptcy just fine.:S:S

Amazon

***Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.

I am sure the management team at the company will come out of the bankruptcy just fine.:S:S

Indeed. They don't set up golden parachutes for nothing.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

******Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.

Quite frequently, bankruptcy judges will dishonor golden parachutes, and will cut top executive compensation, contracts or not. They will even do so retroactively, requiring give-backs.

Andy9o8

*********Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.

Quite frequently, bankruptcy judges will dishonor golden parachutes, and will cut top executive compensation, contracts or not. They will even do so retroactively, requiring give-backs.

Don't tell them that. Youll mess with their heads. The executives and management must be thought to walk away with cushy jobs, millions jn compensation, etc. Don't let them know what really happens.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Andy9o8

*********Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.

In my experience that does not happen at least for the restructuring that occurred in several companies I worked for or had stock in. The Preferred stock the managemanet had did very well... us peons..... with common stock.... not so much.

Amazon

************Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.

In my experience that does not happen at least for the restructuring that occurred in several companies I worked for or had stock in. The Preferred stock the managemanet had did very well... us peons..... with common stock.... not so much.

A restructuring and a bankruptcy are two different things.

normiss

They have clearly not kept up with the competition IMO.
Their products are not what they used to be.

Yeah a lot more competition than the first 100 years of the company. They were innovators in the beginning. Not so much now.

a golden parachute sounds pretty but I bet the material would deteriorate fast
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

lawrocket

************Don't companies go out of business all the time? Isn't that really the norm rather than the exception? Some other company or technology just shifts and suddenly the company is irrelevant and dying? 160 years. It had a good run, but I don't know a lot of companies that have lasted that long.

Don't tell them that. Youll mess with their heads. The executives and management must be thought to walk away with cushy jobs, millions jn compensation, etc. Don't let them know what really happens.

You were saying?????

private equity firms - gut it, load it with debt, run with the money

anytime one of our customers is taken over by a PEF we watch their financials very closely and move real fast to secure our receivables with a deposit, bank letter of credit, etc.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

billeisele

private equity firms - gut it, load it with debt, run with the money

anytime one of our customers is taken over by a PEF we watch their financials very closely and move real fast to secure our receivables with a deposit, bank letter of credit, etc.

+100. Can't emphasize enough how important that is.