Amazon

Stop and identify statutes [on topic]

Honestly tho if you put into perspective all the invasiveand costly things our governemnt makes us do having the rare chance of being stopped and asked to see my ID for me personally is a no big deal thing. I understand others millage may vary.

cvfd1399

Illegal fishing for what??? Your name? Honestly who cares what your name is, and if the cops know it. If you have warrants take care of your shit, don't come up with some unreasonable argument as to why you shouldn't be asked for your name.

As long as it is a consensual encounter and the person agrees to give up that information it is fine.

I personally don't interact with cops unless I am being detained. They have to have a legal reason to detain me. At that point I let them know I don't answer questions without an attorney.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Southern_Man

***Illegal fishing for what??? Your name? Honestly who cares what your name is, and if the cops know it. If you have warrants take care of your shit, don't come up with some unreasonable argument as to why you shouldn't be asked for your name.

As long as it is a consensual encounter and the person agrees to give up that information it is fine.

I personally don't interact with cops unless I am being detained. They have to have a legal reason to detain me. At that point I let them know I don't answer questions without an attorney.

Heh, identity rape.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I see it like a bunch of childish kids playing a game exactly to the letter, and just because a stupid rule is the way it is they play that rule and stick their tongue out anytime they can at the player they despise(cops).

Na na boo boo I don't have to show you my ID.:P

Wow an emote that fits in perfectly lol!

turtlespeed

******Illegal fishing for what??? Your name? Honestly who cares what your name is, and if the cops know it. If you have warrants take care of your shit, don't come up with some unreasonable argument as to why you shouldn't be asked for your name.

Heh, identity rape.

Just because you diddnt identify doesn't mean you were asking for it? Lol

cvfd1399

*********Illegal fishing for what??? Your name? Honestly who cares what your name is, and if the cops know it. If you have warrants take care of your shit, don't come up with some unreasonable argument as to why you shouldn't be asked for your name.

Heh, identity rape.

Just because you diddnt identify doesn't mean you were asking for it? Lol

I shouldn't have teased like that, I was asking for it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***I do find it ok if I were walking down the street, and they were looking for someone with my characteristics named John Smith, and I were asked for my ID. As far as I know under the "dont ask me any questions bro" laws it would be legal for me to say no.

I dont find it one bit an invasion of privacy to know my name address, and social, the government already has that info, its not like its a secret code word for some magical door in Lord of the Rings or anything.

No, but it is a magical door to a world a lot like 1940's Germany, and Russia.

Hell, I think it is still that way.

Some people are just fine when they are part of a police state since it benefits them personally... others.. not so much.

cvfd1399

Some people are just fine when they are part of a police state since it benefits them personally... others.. not so much.

Care to explain who here on this forum would benefit from a true "police state"?

Please use that wild imagination you have that supports just about anything a LEO does.

cvfd1399

Care to explain who here on this forum would benefit from a true "police state"?

She didn't say they were on here. In society at large, when civil rights and liberties are compromised, there are those few that do benefit, and there are many more who gullibly give them aid, comfort and enablement by letting themselves be duped into believing that they would not be detrimented. Google the meaning of the term "useful idiots" and see what pops up.

Forgive me for using my common sense and looking at each incident instead of jumping on the anti cop hivemind train where if you hate cops no matter what your one of us. And your search fu is slipping there has been a few incidents brought up here in which I have agreed with you. I can't help it that you guys keep just serving up "omg this cop did this" threads.

I took it as inferring there were those among us. If not why make a general statement like that about a select few.

Some people also benifit from being submerged and held under water until the problem goes away..........answer=people who were on fire. Same type of comment. Took to be taken as one until the answer is revealed. Ooh I'd diddnt mean that, you misunderstood me /winkseyesquickly. Get it.

cvfd1399

Forgive me for using my common sense and looking at each incident instead of jumping on the anti cop hivemind train where if you hate cops no matter what your one of us. And your search fu is slipping there has been a few incidents brought up here in which I have agreed with you. I can't help it that you guys keep just serving up "omg this cop did this" threads.

I am in no way anti cop, with the exception of being anti bully cop.

I am fully for freedom, or at least more than what we are left with in today's over protected, over litigated society.

Some are. I'm willing to admit there are dick and stupid cops. Thank God they are only a fraction of cops as a whole. I hate the bad ones as much as you do, I just don't see some of the incidents presented here all the time as being that way.

I have had run ins with both. One commanded me to get off the grass at the state Capitol, and loud capped me as I continued on my way knowing he had no authority to do anything but project his ego and authority.

cvfd1399

I see it like a bunch of childish kids playing a game exactly to the letter, and just because a stupid rule is the way it is they play that rule and stick their tongue out anytime they can at the player they despise(cops).

Na na boo boo I don't have to show you my ID.:P

Wow an emote that fits in perfectly lol!

Have you ever been accused of a crime you did not commit?

Have you ever been interrogated by the police?

They use every trick in the book to get the information they are after. Even if they follow the letter of the law, they can still use deceit and trickery to get information.

Unlike one of the previous posts, I interact with cops on a fairly regular basis. Some are my friends.

But if it's a "business conversation" from their point of view, then my response is: "Am I under arrest? May I leave? I will certainly make a statement at the appropriate time. With my attorney present. For now, I will choose to exercise my right to remain silent."

Edit to add: "Previous post" was Southern Man in post 33.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi joe,

"Am I under arrest? May I leave? I will certainly make a statement at the appropriate time. With my attorney present. For now, I will choose to exercise my right to remain silent."

IMO ^^^^^^^ This.

As I've mentioned before, I'm somewhat different in that my son is an attorney. He started out as a prosecutor and then went into criminal defense. He has always told this.

BTW he is now a corporate attorney = more $$$$

Jerry Baumchen