rushmc

Ferguson Redidents Rioted Because of Police Treatment? Think Again!

No, no, they are not Negroes. They are black thugs from the ghetto that serve as useful idiots to the black elite. Huge difference.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's not an either/or situation. Disagreeing with the police doesn't throw you into a "wrong" box. Protesting doesn't throw you into a "wrong" box. Shooting a suspect doesn't put you into a "wrong" box.

But they generally do out you into a "needs evaluation for context" box. Random violence, abuse of position and power, assumption of rightness, non-defensive violence against others -- they're generally wrong. But determining which is which is where evaluation, generally by an outside party, is a good idea. Accepting that is part of the rule of law.

Looters and fire setters were wrong. Standing on a hood and firing 49 additional shots into two suspects (especially ones that turned out not to have any weapons) is wrong. Leaving someone who was complaining about not being able to breathe without trying to alleviate it is wrong, especially if you were the one who choked him in the first place.

They're all wrong by themselves. Taking them away doesn't make something else less right or wrong. What led to those final and offensive actions may or may not be wrong.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's not an either/or situation. Disagreeing with the police doesn't throw you into a "wrong" box. Protesting doesn't throw you into a "wrong" box. Shooting a suspect doesn't put you into a "wrong" box.

Really? Thanks for the lecture, you realize I actually live this.

Random violence

Sigh................:(

Leaving someone who was complaining about not being able to breathe without trying to alleviate it is wrong, especially if you were the one who choked him in the first place.

Again, glorifying criminal behavior:
Ugly, yep
Out of policy, maybe
360lb man, engaging in criminal behavior, decides to resist, but I'm sure that's just "random violence".

Taking them away doesn't make something else less right or wrong.

Moral relativism at it's finest..............

Be careful what you wish for............

For those in the real world, the trenches;
http://blackamericaweb.com/2015/05/26/don-lemon-baltimore-crime-is-off-the-charts-guess-who-is-to-blame/

Stop patrolling, no
Stop communicating, no
Stop being proactive, yes
It's a fine line, one urban areas are about to confront.
SOME may not like it, but they are same ones who scream and complain when the crime rate skyrockets.
Again, be careful what you wish for.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

The "random violence" wasn't referring to the police. And there has to be some sort of bar for what's the acceptable level of force vs the crime. "Resisting arrest" can be used to provide a (depending on the local laws) felony conviction for an otherwise completely innocent person. I think some sort of oversight over that is a good thing.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Then I wasn't clear. Because you'll note that the other lists tried to hit more than one group. And non-defensive violence against others definitely applies to both police and civilians.

Wendy P.

skycop

Random violence, abuse of position and power, assumption of rightness, non-defensive violence against others

Your sentence, not mine.

That sentence of her's parallels two other lists in the post that more clearly list complaints against rioters followed by complaints against police. It wasn't 100% clear, but it was definitely parseable.

In any event, she clarified what she meant, what is the point of continuing an argument over what is known by both people to have been a misunderstanding?

This thread has everything for the far right wingers. ACORN! Soros! Negroes showing their true colors! Michelle Obama's hate speech! And until Snopes discredits it, it will provide excellent short-attention-span theater.

However, this thread was started more than four hours ago, so some right wingers might want to think about calling their doctors . . .

And non-defensive violence against others definitely applies to both police and civilians.

The police aren't running around perpetrating violence against random citizens. That's what many detractors would like people to believe. All of the people involved in these current situations were involved in criminal activity.
With the exception of the guy reaching for his wallet in SC, that was a mistake by the officer, a criminal one............

The "acts of violence" aren't nearly as widespread either.

Violent confrontations are far removed from most peoples professional orientations, yet many like to lecture on these confrontations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

billvon

This thread has everything for the far right wingers. ACORN! Soros! Negroes showing their true colors! Michelle Obama's hate speech! And until Snopes discredits it, it will provide excellent short-attention-span theater.

However, this thread was started more than four hours ago, so some right wingers might want to think about calling their doctors . . .

He haw

gime drugs gime drugs
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

You have different news sources than the rest of the country then.

No, he doesnt

This is just the bs YOU have been led to belive by YOUR news sourses

If I am wrong, post all those stories of random police violense and murders of unarmed black kids

Come on dude

You can do it!!!
Abraham Lincoln

Based on your posting in other threads, I honestly think you're an example of exactly what we should look for in a cop. But I also think that the ability to examine ones preconceptions and assumptions regularly is extremely important, and the more influential your position is (and a cops position can be extremely influential), the more important that ability to examine yourself is.
Because if you can do that when things are quiet, or when you're talking things over with friends and colleagues, you'll have more information and pathways in your brain when the shit hits the fan.

Nearly every action oriented profession goes through drills and scenarios. Skydivers do it, too. I'm just suggesting that sometimes stepping back one more level to evaluate conventional wisdom is also good. I'm not saying you don't; I'm sure many PD's do exactly that. But sometimes it really does look like a big one-way blue wall, and I feel like "other" rather than "we."

Wendy P.

wmw999

Then I wasn't clear. Because you'll note that the other lists tried to hit more than one group. And non-defensive violence against others definitely applies to both police and civilians.

Wendy P.

Why such violent speech Wendy?

Why should we hit one group let alone more than one?

STOP RESISTING!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My source is the actual reality, I've been involved in several critical incidents in the last few months. Some have been a little sporty.
But you'll never read or see those other than a blurb in the local media, and I'm just one guy. There are thousands of cops all over the country who have been in more, and a lot more sportier situations than I have been.
Again, you'll never see the vast majority of those either.

skycop

My source is the actual reality, I've been involved in several critical incidents in the last few months. Some have been a little sporty.
But you'll never read or see those other than a blurb in the local media, an I'm just one guy. There are thousands of cops all over the country who have been in more, and a lot more sportier situations than I have been.

Your use of sporty makes me think of games, and contests, and competitions.

I would hope you don't see it that way. Your posting history would appear to point that you don't.

I wonder how many Leo's do see it as a game, and Us Against Them. That in and of its self isn't detrimental; disturbing, yes, detrimental, no. What is unbearable is when the contest has losers, ones that end up losing their lives, just because of something that might have happened.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sporty=Hairy

I figured the use of hairy didn't sound right.

I use the term sporty because it gives a confident in control feeling.

On the radio, "hey guys, step it up, this is getting a bit sporty" is better than saying "hurry up, I'm getting my ass kicked"

If you look at this like a game, it will come up and bite you right in the ass. Believe me, I know, I've had several trips to the hospital.

skycop

But you'll never read or see those other than a blurb in the local media, and I'm just one guy. There are thousands of cops all over the country who have been in more, and a lot more sportier situations than I have been.

You realize I agree with you, correct?
Abraham Lincoln

Andy9o8

***Sporty=Hairy.

So bald guys never commit crimes? Or do you just hate Italians?
You guys are hard to figure sometimes.

Did you just miss another cat?
Abraham Lincoln