tonyhays

Ireland approves marriage equality

billvon

>Personally, I would be offended if asked to vote on this crap, and you should be to.

So you would prefer gay marriage just be legalized via the Supreme Court or similar body, rather than by a vote? That way their marriage is none of your business, and remains that way.

Yes...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>New Testament scriptures explain the concept of grace vs law rather thoroughly...

It does indeed. Jesus himself said:

==========
Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
===========

Of course, you are free to ignore that part as well.

billvon

>New Testament scriptures explain the concept of grace vs law rather thoroughly...

==========
Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Right, homosexuality is a sin punishable by death, just as many other sins. In fact, if you break any part of the law, it is as if you broke the whole law and are now condemned....thankfully, we are now free to accept the grace of God given through the fulfillment of the law in Christ.

With stars collapsing, black holes eating up everything near by, volcanos erupting, earthquakes, Tsunami, wars, economic collapse, prayers coming in billions at a second... Do you REALLY think God is worried about who you love or where you stick your willy?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

With stars collapsing, black holes eating up everything near by, volcanos erupting, earthquakes, Tsunami, wars, economic collapse, prayers coming in billions at a second... Do you REALLY think God is worried about who you love or where you stick your willy?

If there was one, he would absolutely be appalled at the travesty.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

==========
===========

Tittle :$:D

JohnnyMarko

***>New Testament scriptures explain the concept of grace vs law rather thoroughly...

==========
===========

You don't even LIKE those.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

******>New Testament scriptures explain the concept of grace vs law rather thoroughly...

==========
===========

You don't even LIKE those.

Easy now...homosexuality is a choice...and today, I feel like being straight. Yay female breasts!

tonyhays

If there was one, he would absolutely be appalled at the travesty.

I fail to see how giving people equal rights is considered a travesty.

Why are you assuming that was the travesty I was alluding to?

Freudian?

JohnnyMarko

Easy now...homosexuality is a choice...and today, I feel like being straight. Yay female breasts!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

turtlespeed

***With stars collapsing, black holes eating up everything near by, volcanos erupting, earthquakes, Tsunami, wars, economic collapse, prayers coming in billions at a second... Do you REALLY think God is worried about who you love or where you stick your willy?

If there was were one, he would absolutely be appalled at the travesty.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

tonyhays

Why are you assuming that was the travesty I was alluding to?

Looks like my assumption was correct.

Hmmmmm, sorry, but no.

Skyrad

I suppose that would depend on one's concept of God and the source on which it was formed. I can state with a fair amount of confidence however that no stellar implosion, black hole, volcano, earthquake, Tsunami, war, economic collapse, prayer, nor gay rainbow in Dublin will change the words of Scripture...but your appeal to absurdity is duly noted.

Overall, my problem isn't necessarily with same sex couples having the ability to get married. As I said, it's none of my business. Same as with infidelity and divorce...I'm not too fond of those things either, but I don't feel the necessity to go out of my way to create laws against it - neither would I support it, nor encourage it - and I certainly wouldn't feel compelled to vote on whether or not Dick could cheat on Jane and if Jane could divorce him for it.

Having to vote on this issue is just absurd. It has exacerbated the polarization of this country and created more unnecessary resentment...

Coreeece

***With stars collapsing, black holes eating up everything near by, volcanos erupting, earthquakes, Tsunami, wars, economic collapse, prayers coming in billions at a second... Do you REALLY think God is worried about who you love or where you stick your willy?

I suppose that would depend on one's concept of God and the source on which it was formed. I can state with a fair amount of confidence however that no stellar implosion, black hole, volcano, earthquake, Tsunami, war, economic collapse, prayer, nor gay rainbow in Dublin will change the words of Scripture...but your appeal to absurdity is duly noted.

Overall, my problem isn't necessarily with same sex couples having the ability to get married. As I said, it's none of my business. Same as with infidelity and divorce...I'm not too fond of those things either, but I don't feel the necessity to go out of my way to create laws against it - neither would I support it, nor encourage it - and I certainly wouldn't feel compelled to vote on whether or not Dick could cheat on Jane and if Jane could divorce him for it.

Having to vote on this issue is just absurd. It has exacerbated the polarization of this country and created more unnecessary resentment...

I'm not saying this applies to you, but isn't it funny how extremely religious morons who trumpet their moral superiority always turn out to be either rapists and pedophiles?

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/22/josh_duggar_resigns_from_anti_lgbt_family_research_council_and_apologizes_for_underage_sex_assaults/

Again, I'm sure does not relate to you personally at all, but I wonder why this seems to be such a common news story involving all the anti-gay religious people. I'm sure a lot of it can be attributed to a lack of education and cultural exposure; but at some point I think we should be real that there's a bigger issue of mental illness that should be addressed.

It's newsworthy because of the hypocrisy and the juxtaposition of religion and crime. In a country where the majority of people, if asked to identify a religion, would pick Christianity, it's not surprising that the majority of criminals do, too.

Kind of like wondering why there aren't more stories about boring news

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Coreeece

I'm taking a page out of "rhymes with rushmc" book and just going to reply with

:|:|:S

JohnnyMarko

******With stars collapsing, black holes eating up everything near by, volcanos erupting, earthquakes, Tsunami, wars, economic collapse, prayers coming in billions at a second... Do you REALLY think God is worried about who you love or where you stick your willy?

I'm taking a page out of "rhymes with rushmc" book and just going to reply with

:|:|:S

I know my reply was a bit rushed and it may have seemed a bit ambiguous...I probably could've been a bit more creative with the wording as well.

I'll sum it up with two questions:

Do you really believe that the the general public should be the ones that determine how you may or may not live your private life?

Do you really believe Jesus made a gay rainbow in Dublin showing his approval of gay marriage?

I can't speak for them...

But maybe we're trying to save you from the chains of hell that we just know all too well. If we really believe what we believe, why wouldn't we do anything in our power to save you from it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bGzWyHbu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imwmmv9r1oE