airdvr

Please Jeb...don't do it!

From everything I've heard from a friend who knew both of them growing up, it's a real shame that Jeb didn't run instead of W in the first place.

But now the last thing I want to see is another Clinton vs. Bush. Even if they're the two best candidates, frankly. I think the country can survive a mediocre president far better than it can survive a dynastic expectation for the presidency.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Andy9o8

*********Anyone else read the title and open the thread to see what kind of stunt Corliss was planning this time?:|

You too??? :D
me 3
Me 4. I figured it was Blevins starting yet another thread that didn't belong in speakers corner.

:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I have very strong feelings that the Presidency should not become a dynasty of any family, regardless of party. We have had two father/son combinations, two 5th cousins (who were two of our greatest Presidents), and one grandfather/grandson. In 1968 we might have had 2 brothers, but RFK was assassinated. Now it looks like we could have a son & brother candidate running against a former First Lady candidate - and it sickens me. The White House is not the personal property of any family.

After FDR was elected 4 times, the Constitution was amended to impose the only Federal term limit on the books. Perhaps we need another amendment to impose a twenty year minimum limit on a defined set of immediate family relations filling the office of either President or Vice President.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

winsor

+3.14159...

Who says a response has to be rational?

the fact that I chuckled here is upsetting for some reason

heh,,,heh

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants