christelsabine

It's Open Season ...

christelsabine

For me it shows something actual going on these days in the US ... Where's your problem?

That simply posting a link without comment is . . . not a conversation. At the very least give it some context.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Another instance of acute stupidity on the part of the victim.

The officer said the driver, later identified as Brisbon, got out and appeared to be removing something from the rear of the SUV. The officer told Brisbon to show his hands, but Brisbon stuffed his hands into his waistband, Crump said.

The officer drew his weapon and Brisbon ran toward nearby apartments, Crump said. A short foot chase ensued.

"Witnesses indicated to us that the suspect was verbally challenging to the officer," Crump said.

Brisbon refused to comply with the officer's commands to get on the ground, and the two struggled once the officer caught up with him, Crump said.

"During the struggle, Brisbon put his left hand in his pocket and the officer grabbed onto the suspect's hand, while repeatedly telling the suspect to keep his hand in his pocket," he said. "The officer believed he felt the handle of a gun while holding the suspect's hand in his pocket."

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Even it happens quite often that simply links are posted, I will give a 'context' - and babyboy JohnnyMarko can stop yelling for your help:

There was another deadly shooting of an armed officer vs. an unarmed black man ... Could it be, perhaps, that US cops think it's their given right to kill unarmed (black) people, one after the other?

During the last 5 yrs, abt. 1.500 people were shot by cops in the US - only 3 incidents were tracked. Cops must feel unassailable right now!

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Another case where some sort of recording device on the officer would be helpful in corroborating accounts of what happened.

Personally, I'm not willing to jump to any judgement about this incident. Police do have a right to defend themselves, and they do not have x-ray eyes. Lets see what the forensics say.

Don

True enough, but according to the reports here in the SC, victim stupidity has reduced the population in this country by four. Five, if you count Trayvon Martin.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

GeorgiaDon

Another case where some sort of recording device on the officer would be helpful in corroborating accounts of what happened.

Personally, I'm not willing to jump to any judgement about this incident. Police do have a right to defend themselves, and they do not have x-ray eyes. Lets see what the forensics say.

Don

Sure - confusing a pill container for a gun is easy to do. Happens all the time. I'm surprised more senior citizens aren't shot coming out of pharmacies.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Sure - confusing a pill container for a gun is easy to do. Happens all the time. I'm surprised more senior citizens aren't shot coming out of pharmacies.

Confusing someone trying to pull a pill container out of their pocket with someone trying to pull a gun out of their pocket seems fairly easy to me. Perhaps you have super-vision and are able to discern what people have in their pockets.

Once you are actually wrestling with a police officer, trying to pull something (anything) out of your pocket is a really stupid move.

I'm sure you are aware that I have been very critical of the police regarding some incidents. That does not mean I think they should meekly allow themselves to be shot. I would not favor a rule that allows criminals to take the first shot, so the police can be sure beyond any doubt that the person they are dealing with is armed and means to harm them.

Don

christelsabine

For me it shows something actual going on these days in the US ... Where's your problem?

I don't see the problem here in this case. Dumb ass was told to raise his hands, instead he shoved them into his pockets. Then dumb ass ran, cop chased. Cop caught up with him, dumb ass went for his pocket again, cop thought it might be a gun and grabbed his wrist to keep him from pulling it out during the struggle. Cop then lost grip and feared for his life BLAM BLAM. Threat over.

Whats the problem?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

GeorgiaDon

Confusing someone trying to pull a pill container out of their pocket with someone trying to pull a gun out of their pocket seems fairly easy to me. Perhaps you have super-vision and are able to discern what people have in their pockets.

Depends on the pants. Extremely baggy pants can conceal most anything gun-sized with ease.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Whats the problem?

Problem is, humans are shot. Perhaps for you and others, it's just something happening around the corner, not in your field of vision.

Problem is, it's happening much too often.

Do you think, cops in our country or elsewhere don't face same problems?? Our cops just don't shoot that quick, and they are shot down rarely to never. They don't see the skin color difference, like yours seem to do.

Our youngsters too are walking around with those ugly trousers hanging deep down, hoods ... Our cops have an eye on them, the siren howls and they run away like hares. It's advantegous, most of them are not armed.

Teenies use to band together, looking for alcoholics - but, I never ever heard that a home owner in my country left his garage open- hoping to shoot down someone stealing his beer.

But, that's just another story of a mentality I really do not understand. I'm just happy, one of my kids decided to NOT do a trip to the US - Australia is safer.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

BillyVance

***For me it shows something actual going on these days in the US ... Where's your problem?

I don't see the problem here in this case. Dumb ass was told to raise his hands, instead he shoved them into his pockets. Then dumb ass ran, cop chased. Cop caught up with him, dumb ass went for his pocket again, cop thought it might be a gun and grabbed his wrist to keep him from pulling it out during the struggle. Cop then lost grip and feared for his life BLAM BLAM. Threat over.

Whats the problem?

There should be a choice between a guy saying "don't touch me" and him being dead.

It's like the old saying about when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. We really need to give and encourage the cops to use something between nothing and deadly force.
quade -

quade

******For me it shows something actual going on these days in the US ... Where's your problem?

Whats the problem?

There should be a choice between a guy saying "don't touch me" and him being dead.

It's like the old saying about when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. We really need to give and encourage the cops to use something between nothing and deadly force.

I hear ya, but put yourself in the cop's shoes. You're trying to catch him and get him subdued, and in the heat of the moment, you think he's about to pull a weapon out, what are YOU gonna do?

BillyVance

I hear ya, but put yourself in the cop's shoes. You're trying to catch him and get him subdued, and in the heat of the moment, you think he's about to pull a weapon out, what are YOU gonna do?

Situation dependent. What is the crime? What is the risk vs reward of the situation?

A guy selling "loose" cigarettes on the street? Why in god's name did that ever escalate to that level?

A guy you know just committed an armed robbery or rape? Well, yes, there's a time to pull out an actual gun.
quade -