rushmc

So, You still say the science is settled?

SkyDekker

Negligible at best

Negligible means there is an impact. That is different from no impact.

Which one do you believe. Do humans have an impact on climate, yes or no?

If you want to split these hairs
No, no impact
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Humans have no impact?

Really.

How about CFCs and the Ozone layer?

How about acid rain?

Both were far, far more than just "local ecosystems."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Humans have no impact?

Really.

How about acid rain?

Talking CO2 here
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Humans have no impact?

Really.

How about acid rain?

Talking CO2 here

What do you mean? Above you said humans have no impact on climate.,

you follow that up with:

"Talking CO2 here"

What does that mean?

Rush - humans can and do have an effect on the climate. Both local and worldwide (Urban heat island). We know that we can and have cooled the earth with sulfur aerosols.

Where the science isn't settled is what the relationships are. China is pumping out loads of CO2. China is also dumping out loads of sulfur dioxide. Who knows? This may be masking the effects of the extra CO2. Where's the heat? Maybe it never got here in the first place because all the sulfur reflected it. Perhaps the rapid warming of the 980s and 1990s is just the unfortunate result of the removal of the US sulfur aerosols due to the Clean Air Act, etc.

This is where the science isn't settled. We have lots of theories and thoughts and suggestions and ideas but we don't know.

Just as established as the greenhouse effect of CO2 is the icehouse effect of sulfur. It's a pretty simple thing to understand that we can quite easily and inexpensively drop the temperature by one or two degrees C within a couple of years if we wanted to.

It's why I do not subscribe to the idea that humans have no effect. I think that human activitie may be enough to raise earth's temperature from 287 degrees Kelvin up to 288 kelvin by 2100. (Yes, I know that CO2 has picked up the earth's temp from what would otherwise be 255 K).

To suggest that we don't affect climate is, I think, as extreme as to suggest that human activity is the only thing that affects climate.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

Rush - humans can and do have an effect on the climate. Both local and worldwide (Urban heat island). We know that we can and have cooled the earth with sulfur aerosols.

Where the science isn't settled is what the relationships are. China is pumping out loads of CO2. China is also dumping out loads of sulfur dioxide. Who knows? This may be masking the effects of the extra CO2. Where's the heat? Maybe it never got here in the first place because all the sulfur reflected it. Perhaps the rapid warming of the 980s and 1990s is just the unfortunate result of the removal of the US sulfur aerosols due to the Clean Air Act, etc.

This is where the science isn't settled. We have lots of theories and thoughts and suggestions and ideas but we don't know.

Just as established as the greenhouse effect of CO2 is the icehouse effect of sulfur. It's a pretty simple thing to understand that we can quite easily and inexpensively drop the temperature by one or two degrees C within a couple of years if we wanted to.

It's why I do not subscribe to the idea that humans have no effect. I think that human activitie may be enough to raise earth's temperature from 287 degrees Kelvin up to 288 kelvin by 2100. (Yes, I know that CO2 has picked up the earth's temp from what would otherwise be 255 K).

To suggest that we don't affect climate is, I think, as extreme as to suggest that human activity is the only thing that affects climate.

I answered his question in the only context he was allowing. Take it up with him. If you go back you will see i sail (the first time) that i think our effect is negligble at best.
Abraham Lincoln

> If you go back you will see i sail (the first time) that i think our effect is negligble
> at best.

And then you said "Talking CO2 here."

So what's your claim? Do you claim that the rise in CO2 we have observed doesn't exist? Or do you claim that perhaps it's rising but that we have nothing to do with it?

billvon

> If you go back you will see i sail (the first time) that i think our effect is negligble
> at best.

And then you said "Talking CO2 here."

So what's your claim? Do you claim that the rise in CO2 we have observed doesn't exist? Or do you claim that perhaps it's rising but that we have nothing to do with it?

this thread is about AGW. CO2 from man is the alarmists boogie man of present
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>this thread is about AGW. CO2 from man is the alarmists boogie man of present

You said "talking CO2 here." You brought it up; in fact that was your entire post now. So are you an alarmist now?

For christ sake billvon. Yes i did. To point out what i was refering too. To someone who drug in cfcs and acid rain
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>this thread is about AGW. CO2 from man is the alarmists boogie man of present

You said "talking CO2 here." You brought it up; in fact that was your entire post now. So are you an alarmist now?

For christ sake billvon. Yes i did. To point out what i was refering too. To someone who drug in cfcs and acid rain

No, you said that humans cannot change the climate, except on a local level.

I would love to know how CO2 levels could change local climates.

Or how CO2 levels could change locally.

Post #24

So, for the record, you believe humans have absolutely no impact on climate?

Negligible at best
Now, I think they can do horrible damage to local eco-systems. But I feel it is very arrogant of us to think we can alter global climate (with CO2 for christs sake) in the way alarmists predict

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

>For christ sake billvon. Yes i did.

OK, cool. Now, since you posted about it, do you believe that CO2 has not risen?

Been here. Bait someone else
Abraham Lincoln

wolfriverjoe

******>this thread is about AGW. CO2 from man is the alarmists boogie man of present

No, you said that humans cannot change the climate, except on a local level.

I would love to know how CO2 levels could change local climates.

Or how CO2 levels could change locally.

Post #24

So, for the record, you believe humans have absolutely no impact on climate?

Negligible at best
Now, I think they can do horrible damage to local eco-systems. But I feel it is very arrogant of us to think we can alter global climate (with CO2 for christs sake) in the way alarmists predict

Hmmm. Interesting opening

I spoke to polution in general locally so

What kind of situation would we have locally dealing with sequestered co2?
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Been here. Bait someone else

Sign #7 that you might be a climate change denier - you can no longer answer even basic yes/no questions because you are afraid it will trap you into an unsupportable position.

yep

You got me:S
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/26/Report-US-Having-Coolest-Year-On-Record

So, this article references CO2 levels. Which I do not, and have never disputed (hence my baiting comment to you because you know this)
But the rest of the article is interesting too
Abraham Lincoln

I answered his question in the only context he was allowing. Take it up with him. If you go back you will see i sail (the first time) that i think our effect is negligble at best.

Then you should have said, yes humans can impact climate, but I believe the impact to be negligible.

Now you are just flip flopping all over the place. Hard to have a discussion when your points and comments keep changing.

rushmc

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/26/Report-US-Having-Coolest-Year-On-Record

So, this article references CO2 levels. Which I do not, and have never disputed (hence my baiting comment to you because you know this)

You in addition to you and Brenthutch, Breitbart ALSO can't tell the difference between the USA and the world as a whole.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/26/Report-US-Having-Coolest-Year-On-Record

You in addition to you and Brenthutch, Breitbart ALSO can't tell the difference between the USA and the world as a whole.

Ah. I think it was you that brought up th CA drought?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/26/Report-US-Having-Coolest-Year-On-Record

Ah. I think it was you that brought up th CA drought?

Yes, it is a nice example of the difference between weather and climate. Maybe you could learn something from it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.