maadmax

How can anyone say "God doesn't exist" ?

quade

I thought you were supposed to have a ThD or something? At least have vaguely studied.

/sigh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khayyám

I hold a MA in Rehab Counseling. I never heard of the above mentioned.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

One of my oldest jumping buddies from the '60s was Al Stephens, AKA Omar the Tentmaker. RIP, he went in on a tandem jump at Paso Robles CA in the late '80s. Could this be the same fellow?

Sorry Ron, this guy is a little older than that ...12th Century, Omar Khayyam. Quotes are from Edward Fitzgerald's translations of "The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam"

quade

******I thought you were supposed to have a ThD or something? At least have vaguely studied.

/sigh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khayyám

I hold a MA in Rehab Counseling. I never heard of the above mentioned.

Then I strongly suggest you study up. I guarantee you it doesn't hurt.

I don't have time for extraneous reading any longer. Time is running out.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I want to make a joke about the idiocy of end times predictions but then I'd feel bad if it turned out you were dying or something.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I want to make a joke about the idiocy of end times predictions but then I'd feel bad if it turned out you were dying or something.

SC has a history of extreme right wing posters predicting the end of the world and being wrong. Much the same will happen here I suspect.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

>THE WORLD has a history of extreme right wing posters SHEEPLE predicting the
>end of the world and being wrong. Much the same will happen here I suspect.

Yep. On a science forum I frequent there is a guy who regularly predicts the end of the world. The latest end dates are October 2014 (massive economic collapse) 2016 (rising sea levels) and 2020 (all humanity will go extinct from the new steam atmosphere of the Earth.) Although he qualified that last one with a "could" so maybe we won't all be parboiled.

And he's just the latest. There was a guy (with the clever name "futilitist") who predicted the riots would start last summer, and by this summer the US government would be gone. Another who predicted a runaway greenhouse effect back in 2010.

And here, of course, we have our own Chuteless who predicted the end of the world back in 2007 but kept pushing it back. I think there was a big meteor involved along with the usual horsemen/antichrist stuff.

billvon

And here, of course, we have our own Chuteless who predicted the end of the world back in 2007 but kept pushing it back. I think there was a big meteor involved along with the usual horsemen/antichrist stuff.

What I especially like about the "Christian" apocalyptics is according to the book, "no one shall know the day or the hour" (Matt 24:36) which is never recognized by them as being a paradox of their own belief the world will end date certain.

Simply baffling.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't or won't consider the end of times until an individual brings peace to the middle east. That is to say, a peace treaty with Israel et. al.

Stumpy

******I was referring to America 2016. BHO is on schedule with his agenda. :(

What's going to happen in 2016?

Rio Olympics?

I bet Obama's got tickets to the beach volleyball already. Commie bastard>:(
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The how in the world is Israel part of this magic combination????

It's in da Bible.

There will be a mass return of Jews to the land of Israel (Deuteronomy 30:3; Isaiah 43:6; Ezekiel 34:11-13; 36:24; 37:1-14).

The Antichrist will make a 7-year covenant of "peace" with Israel (Isaiah 28:18; Daniel 9:27).

The temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem (Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Revelation 11:1).

The Antichrist will break his covenant with Israel, and worldwide persecution of Israel will result (Daniel 9:27; 12:1, 11; Zechariah 11:16; Matthew 24:15, 21; Revelation 12:13). Israel will be invaded (Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

Israel will finally recognize Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). Israel will be regenerated, restored, and regathered (Jeremiah 33:8; Ezekiel 11:17; Romans 11:26).

Can you imagine the world as still flat and earth as a center of universe. Add to that daily witch burning exercises?

That's what religion is Psuedo-science,a made up bullshit.

Bible, especially old testaments are full of wonders and miracles. How come we haven't witnessed any of these miracles in recent year? Those who can do amazing shit now days are called what?
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

stayhigh

How come we haven't witnessed any of these miracles in recent year? Those who can do amazing shit now days are called what?

Engineers, pilots, astronauts, skydivers...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.