Amazon

And the Heat Goes On and On and On.

Amazon

But its just weather....

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Latest-News-Wires/2014/0722/Hottest-June-ever-2014-is-on-a-hot-streak

AS long as the deniers adhere to the Comrade Put In school of propaganda... the science will be moronically unsettled.

Well my Tomatoes would argue against you, this year our little micro climate sucks.

Gone fishing

The so called "convergence zone" that I live in has majorly sucked. the wettest months ever in the rainfall guages... and just to the other side of the mountains we now have entire towns burning to the ground because of the heat and dryness extending far and wide. The largest wildfire in Washington State history is still going and about 15% contained.

These are not the climate change phenomenon you are looking for.. nothing is happening.. I guess those Jedi mind tricks work on the weak of mind very easily.[:/]

Foundational question: what was the data source or data sources used for this?

As long as the pro-science alarmists deny the existence of other evidence, then they will be regarded as unscientific.

Here's a hint: in order to make this allegation, one must be deliberate in ignoring UAH and RSS data. Unlike GISS, NOAA, or Met data, UAH and RSS give global coverage and - get this - have not been adjusted in a decade. These satellite records are pretty inconsistent with other records. And since AGW theory is that the tropospehere should warm more than the surface, it causes pro-science people to scratch their heads.

What is most disappointing is that the satellite data still shows a warming trend since 1979. Satellites still show 1998 as the warmest (fairly far and away). The problem is that this isn't good enough.

Anyone who takes the time to understand the science (the hypotheses, predictions, mechanisms) and compares to the observations would HAVE to be a skeptic. Me? I've changed from denier to a luke-warmer. Because of the data and observations.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

Foundational question: what was the data source or data sources used for this?

As long as the pro-science alarmists deny the existence of other evidence, then they will be regarded as unscientific.

Here's a hint: in order to make this allegation, one must be deliberate in ignoring UAH and RSS data. Unlike GISS, NOAA, or Met data, UAH and RSS give global coverage and - get this - have not been adjusted in a decade. These satellite records are pretty inconsistent with other records. And since AGW theory is that the tropospehere should warm more than the surface, it causes pro-science people to scratch their heads.

What is most disappointing is that the satellite data still shows a warming trend since 1979. Satellites still show 1998 as the warmest (fairly far and away). The problem is that this isn't good enough.

Anyone who takes the time to understand the science (the hypotheses, predictions, mechanisms) and compares to the observations would HAVE to be a skeptic. Me? I've changed from denier to a luke-warmer. Because of the data and observations.

Me I don't really give a shit any more ... I will be dead soon and y'all will have to deal with the wonderful mess of a future filled with less than desirable changes. BUT your children's children are going to live in intersting times.. if they can.

regulator

If you think its hot where you are at you should try Houston this time of the year. But its always hot in the summer down here. You eventually get used to it.

Still, I think folks would notice an extra 5 degrees F, should that come to be. Where I live, it will make my swimming pool more usable. OTOH, I've already bought ski passes for the coming season, so I hope we don't have another crap ski season in northern California.

lawrocket

Climate alarmists are praying for El Nino just like Californians are. Because El Nino will warm the planet and give California more snow. Lots more.

But in the arctic.. WIERD shit be happenin... don't forget the permafrost.... as it melts in a much warmer arctic... shit happens.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/22/scientists-finally-get-a-close-up-view-of-that-mysterious-siberian-crater-spoiler-its-real/

Amazon

***Climate alarmists are praying for El Nino just like Californians are. Because El Nino will warm the planet and give California more snow. Lots more.

But in the arctic.. WIERD shit be happenin... don't forget the permafrost.... as it melts in a much warmer arctic... shit happens.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/22/scientists-finally-get-a-close-up-view-of-that-mysterious-siberian-crater-spoiler-its-real/

.... and natures cycle continues...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Climate alarmists are praying for El Nino just like Californians are. Because El Nino will warm the planet and give California more snow. Lots more.

.... and natures cycle continues...

It is what it is and nothing can or will ever be done to change it. We can tax more in the U.S.A.; we can screw with business in the U.S.A and nothing will change in the world climate. The majority of the world does not care.

It is nature and the nature of things. Why don't people understand and accept this simple concept?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It is what it is and nothing can or will ever be done to change it. We can tax more in the U.S.A.; we can screw with business in the U.S.A and nothing will change in the world climate. The majority of the world does not care.

It is nature and the nature of things. Why don't people understand and accept this simple concept?

It is what it is and nothing can or ever will be done to change it. We can outlaw murder in the USA, we can screw with the Mob in the USA and nothing will change in world crime. The majority of the world does not care.

It is human nature and the nature of things. Why don't people understand and accept this simple concept?

- Dan G

DanG

Climate alarmists are praying for El Nino...

Maybe "alarmists" are, but regular people who believe that climate change is happening are praying that it is all a bad dream.

Too bad it's not.

Climate change is happening
The debate is whether man has anything to do with it
Abraham Lincoln

Now you're back to believing climate change is happening? That's good. For a while there it seemed you were drifting towards believing the climate is static.

- Dan G

DanG

It is what it is and nothing can or ever will be done to change it. We can outlaw murder in the USA, we can screw with the Mob in the USA and nothing will change in world crime. The majority of the world does not care.

It is human nature and the nature of things. Why don't people understand and accept this simple concept?

And that is why I support the death penalty.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

DanG

Now you're back to believing climate change is happening? That's good. For a while there it seemed you were drifting towards believing the climate is static.

That has never been the case
Please keep up
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Climate alarmists are praying for El Nino...

Maybe "alarmists" are, but regular people who believe that climate change is happening are praying that it is all a bad dream.

Too bad it's not.

And in around 3,000 years from now we are truly going to pay for it.

rushmc

I disagree. The whole debate, it seems, consists of two main questions: (1) what will be the effects; and (2) what should be done to mitigate them.

I think the earth is warming. I think that human activity plays a part in it. But I think that the effects have been and willl continue to be negligible and within the scope of simple human adaptation.

What to do about it is the issue. One side suggests wholesale changes be made to the status quo to prevent harm (even though we've passed a predisted "tipping point" countless times already.

Politics is an adjunct for science. And vice versa.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

billvon

>Now you're back to believing climate change is happening? That's good.

He varies pretty regularly between Type I and Type II.

Has the climate EVER stopped changing?

I dont think it has nor have I idicated I think this
You can call me any type denier you wish
Just a lame tactic
But then, that is what people do when the debate is slipping away from them
Abraham Lincoln

lawrocket

I disagree. The whole debate, it seems, consists of two main questions: (1) what will be the effects; and (2) what should be done to mitigate them.

I think the earth is warming. I think that human activity plays a part in it. But I think that the effects have been and willl continue to be negligible and within the scope of simple human adaptation.

What to do about it is the issue. One side suggests wholesale changes be made to the status quo to prevent harm (even though we've passed a predisted "tipping point" countless times already.

Politics is an adjunct for science. And vice versa.

the only way we would have any chance at mitigation is buried in the thought process that we have had any effect that is note worthy
Which, IMO, we have not
Abraham Lincoln