quade

"United States of Secrets" - Frontline May 13 & May 20, 2014

Regardless of how you feel about politics, if you are concerned at all about the NSA or even if you're just mildly interested, then you should probably watch this.

Part one is amazingly detailed and tells the story step-by-step of how we went from September 11 to Edward Snowden.

Absolutely fascinating.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/united-states-of-secrets/

I can hardly wait to see what Part 2 has in store.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Did the report state that Bradley (Chelsea) Manning leaked documents to Edward Snowden and that Snowden forwarded them to Wikileaks?

I just heard that claim made on the radio this AM.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Hopefully when Republicans take power you will be worried about the irs in the same fashion but until they use their power on you libs only the nsa needs attention huh...
figures...
I can't wait till you get yours....
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

RonD1120

Did the report state that Bradley (Chelsea) Manning leaked documents to Edward Snowden and that Snowden forwarded them to Wikileaks?

Hey Ron, here's an idea, why not take the time to watch the program yourself?
quade -

loudtom

Hopefully when Republicans take power you will be worried about the irs in the same fashion but until they use their power on you libs only the nsa needs attention huh...
figures...

I love people who make comments without first seeing the material linked.

/sigh
quade -

loudtom

figures...

Unless you have had your head permanently inserted......................in the sand........... The nation is already "getting yours" compliments of the Department of Homeland Police State brought to us all by the last administration and the Patriot Act.
Please remind me how "liberal" they were again???

There were a few of us here who thought it was "GOAT FUCK STUPID" to enact that crap.. but the evangelical GOP conservatives wished to protect us with MORE government to protect us from the "Evil Doers" ( I know its popular to propaganze the small government and fiscal conservatism of the evangelical GOP conservatives but like the "NewSpeak" in 1984 it is just a sham to mollify the party faithful)

So in the next round.. what are you evangelical GOP conservatives wanting to do.. put the two way cameras in all the TV's in every room of our homes including bedrooms like we saw in the movie "1984" so you can watch all of us to make sure we are not performing and proscribed sex acts??? Will we need to be observed saying our prayers while on our knees next to our beds???

( Well except for the deeply closeted evangelical GOP conservative members who will be convieniently not monitored because they say they are holier than the rest of Americans like they are now)

The American Taliban makes we want to retch on a daily basis...

quade

***Did the report state that Bradley (Chelsea) Manning leaked documents to Edward Snowden and that Snowden forwarded them to Wikileaks?

Hey quade, here's an answer. I don't have a TV.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

******Did the report state that Bradley (Chelsea) Manning leaked documents to Edward Snowden and that Snowden forwarded them to Wikileaks?

Do you have a computer?
You do know that link Quade posted is to the video of the program, right?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

quade

Regardless of how you feel about politics, if you are concerned at all about the NSA or even if you're just mildly interested, then you should probably watch this.

Part one is amazingly detailed and tells the story step-by-step of how we went from September 11 to Edward Snowden.

Absolutely fascinating.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/united-states-of-secrets/

I can hardly wait to see what Part 2 has in store.

You . . . a conspiracy theorist?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

quade

***You . . . a conspiracy theorist?

Did you watch the program?

Don't have an extra 2 hours to spend on propaganda.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******You . . . a conspiracy theorist?

Did you watch the program?

It's neither propaganda nor conspiracy.

Sad. I thought you'd at least have a little intellectual curiosity, but you have chosen to remain uninformed and tow some bizarre line in defense of an illegal surveillance state.

I will remember this. You have now defended President Obama with regard to the NSA.
quade -

ryoder

*********Did the report state that Bradley (Chelsea) Manning leaked documents to Edward Snowden and that Snowden forwarded them to Wikileaks?

Do you have a computer?
You do know that link Quade posted is to the video of the program, right?

I am very busy at this time and no, it did not register as a weblink. It was a quick friendly question for which a yes or no answer would have been sufficient. I forgot whom I was addressing.

I just watched it last night.
Excellent.

Oh, and for the the diehards who think the world is all black and white, left and right;
No administration since 9/11 comes out looking good.

One thing that surprised me was that Cheney had kept GWB in the dark about the DOJ being very unhappy about the warrantless wiretapping until a dozen officials were on the verge of resigning.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Oh, and for the the diehards who think the world is all black and white, left and right;
No administration since 9/11 comes out looking good.

I agree. Non-partisan.

I enjoyed it as well and look forward to Part II.

John

Started watching it yesterday. Unfortunately, I only had a few hours of sleep and dozed off for a bit, but good stuff so far.

While I was sleeping, the documentary was influencing my dreams - I was under investigation by the NSA and the guy that played Max Headroom wanted to confiscated my Comcast digital set-top box/DVR. It was upsetting...Comcast doesn't give you the option to buy the box. So now I have no TV because analog is obsolete and Comcast continues to extort me for $10.99/mth for the DVR...for life!

Anyway, I think reports like this can possibly bring the country together rather than bickering ad nauseum about the same 3-4 issues that continue to divide/distract us...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Hi turtle,

I cannot think of a single FRONTLINE program that I would put in this category.

Actually, I would think that all of the Obama haters would be shouting about the program from the highest rafters.

And I am proud to have worked on Sen. Wyden's campaign.

JerryB aumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi turtle,

I cannot think of a single FRONTLINE program that I would put in this category.

Actually, I would think that all of the Obama haters would be shouting about the program from the highest rafters.

And I am proud to have worked on Sen. Wyden's campaign.

JerryBaumchen

Me too :)

I finally got it on the DVR last night. If anyone thinks that frontline puts a political spin on this story, they simply have not watched it. When they interview virtually every person involved, it's almost too incredible to imagine that's there's an agenda behind this.

I did get a new found respect for a lot of Bush-era DOJ and NSA officials who tried to do the right thing.

I lost a lot of respect for Obama and his DOJ. I now find my self supporting Snowden.

My long time hatred for Cheney is now only intensified, I think Dick and his buddy Addington played W for all they could. It was frightening how much power Cheney had and how he was able to use it.

jclalor

I finally got it on the DVR last night. If anyone thinks that frontline puts a political spin on this story, they simply have not watched it. When they interview virtually every person involved, it's almost too incredible to imagine that's there's an agenda behind this.

I did get a new found respect for a lot of Bush-era DOJ and NSA officials who tried to do the right thing.

I lost a lot of respect for Obama and his DOJ. I now find my self supporting Snowden.

My long time hatred for Cheney is now only intensified, I think Dick and his buddy Addington played W for all they could. It was frightening how much power Cheney had and how he was able to use it.

Yes they did but Georgie and family did quite well from the relationship... monetarily.... morally and for posterity not so much.

http://www.masters-of-war.org/images/BUSH/GEORGIE%20DOODY.jpg

Amazon

***I finally got it on the DVR last night. If anyone thinks that frontline puts a political spin on this story, they simply have not watched it. When they interview virtually every person involved, it's almost too incredible to imagine that's there's an agenda behind this.

Yes they did but Georgie and family did quite well from the relationship... monetarily.... morally and for posterity not so much.

http://www.masters-of-war.org/images/BUSH/GEORGIE%20DOODY.jpg

That sums it up quite well.

Hi jc,

When they interview virtually every person involved

Well, except for those folks who refused to be interviewed. Sure is telling as far as I'm concerned.

I now find my self supporting Snowden.

This past week, Brian Williams of NBC News spent some time in Moscow interviewing Snowden. NBC is doing an hour-long special next week on the interview.

JerryBaumchen