wayneflorida

The Cold War is officially back.

"Russia stages first Red Square May Day parade since Soviet days"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/01/us-ukraine-crisis-russia-mayday-idUSBREA400E620140501

Gulags, 5 years plans, uprisng putdowns, missles in Cuba, and "we will bury you" quotes.

A time when a person was more worried about being tapped by the Commies than our own government, and 50 to 75 percent was spent on defense.

Have to watch "Dr. Strangelove" and "Seven days in May" again.

wayneflorida

"Russia stages first Red Square May Day parade since Soviet days"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/01/us-ukraine-crisis-russia-mayday-idUSBREA400E620140501

Gulags, 5 years plans, uprisng putdowns, missles in Cuba, and "we will bury you" quotes.

A time when a person was more worried about being tapped by the Commies than our own government, and 50 to 75 percent was spent on defense.

Have to watch "Dr. Strangelove" and "Seven days in May" again.

The Military-Industrial Complex must have been feeling the pinch.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well, when you look at the close ties developed between Russia, Iran, and China, it's all starting to make sense.

Russia and Iran have lots of Oil and China is getting ready to surpass the U.S. as the world's largest economy. We just unilaterally pulled out our missile defence systems from eastern european countries right after the election (Obama was more free to act, remember?)

Not to mention the weakening of our economy with record regulations and the introduction of a massive health care boondoggle forcing us to back down from the world stage, we've created a power vacuum.

Some one had to fill it. Vodka anyone?

Edited to add: Mitt was right, though I wish he wasn't :(

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

Well, when you look at the close ties developed between Russia, Iran, and China, it's all starting to make sense.

Russia and Iran have lots of Oil and China is getting ready to surpass the U.S. as the world's largest economy. We just unilaterally pulled out our missile defence systems from eastern european countries right after the election (Obama was more free to act, remember?)

Not to mention the weakening of our economy with record regulations and the introduction of a massive health care boondoggle forcing us to back down from the world stage, we've created a power vacuum.

Some one had to fill it. Vodka anyone?

Edited to add: Mitt was right, though I wish he wasn't :(

Let me get this straight.... China is overtaking us as the largest economy and Mitts buddies in the GOP are more interested in making the black guy look bad than putting out of work Americas back to work so we can actually grow our economy but Mitt was right to make sure that all those jobs went to China which has devastated our economy... while he took the money and ran to the Caymans???

Well sure - why not? The American politicians and military leaders need a good boogie man to keep their agenda going. They enjoyed such a long period of "cold war" and communist bullshit. There was a quiet period and then "boogie man terrorists" became the new rave but it's hard to keep claiming the boogie man is coming to get you when he doesn't step foot on your soil.

And hey let's not forget the Muslims. I overheard some fucking retard redneck saying that America needs to rid itself of the Muslims because they are the evil that breeds terrorism.

Seriously? Evil that breeds terrorism?

How fucking stupid can people really be? There are so many idiotic chimps that turn on CNN, FOX, MSNBC or some 'canned' news show and listens to 4 or 5 words and are completely brainwashed. The redneck idiots will believe anything because they like to be spoon-fed.

Amazon

Let me get this straight.... China is overtaking us as the largest economy and Mitts buddies in the GOP are more interested in making the black guy look bad than putting out of work Americas back to work so we can actually grow our economy but Mitt was right to make sure that all those jobs went to China which has devastated our economy... while he took the money and ran to the Caymans???

One of Ryan/Romney's plans was to simplify the tax code and ease regulations to lewer jobs back into the states.

I guess in your world more regulations and piling more costs on any job in the U.S. is the way to convince companies to come home.

But then you were probably one of the people that laughed at Romney when he suggested Russia was one of the greatest threats facing us too.

Well, we are now starting to see what a weak America and anemic foreign policy will get us.

Yes, I would like some vodka to wash down the borscht comrade...
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Well, we are now starting to see what a weak America and anemic foreign policy will get us.

What do you think Romney would have done differently that would have prevented the current crisis in Ukraine?

- Dan G

DanG

What do you think Romney would have done differently that would have prevented the current crisis in Ukraine?

We need to step aside, walk away and let those bastards deal with their own problems.

DanG

He wouldn't have started backing out of the NATO Missile Defense Shield, embolding Putin.

Second, he probably would have hit Russia with more sanctions.

But mostly, if he said there was a red line that will not be crossed, he would have kept his word. This makes people a little less willing to test your convictions.

Amazon

Just like he did during Vietnam... rally for WAR and make sure other people went and not he or his... Gotta love how brave the CHICKENHAWKS are with other peoples lives.

Yes, having a backbone makes people a chickenhawk...:S

billvon

Only three posts to a "blame Obama" post. Not quite a record but close.

Hey, says his ties with his European Allies have never been stronger. I wonder what his allies would say about that.

He wouldn't have started backing out of the NATO Missile Defense Shield, embolding Putin.

I bet he would have, but we'll never know.

Second, he probably would have hit Russia with more sanctions.

Like what? Anything more than what Obama has done would require the approval of Congress. And the Europeans don't want general sanctions on Russia, since they would be hurt, too. I doubt Romney would have pushed for anything that could have hurt the European economy.

But mostly, if he said there was a red line that will not be crossed, he would have kept his word. This makes people a little less willing to test your convictions.

I assume you're talking about Syria. I was all for military action against Syria after the chemical weapons attack. You know who kept that from happening? Congressional Republicans.

- Dan G

>Because, as we all know, the President is the last person to blame in terms
>of issues with international relations.

Here Obama is the first person to blame for international relations, Benghazi, border disputes, health care, bad breath, Benghazi, gun deaths, gun laws, gun problems, the cost of guns, the color of guns, the noise of guns, Benghazi, hair loss, overweight people, people who are too skinny, Benghazi, not enough equality for minorities, too much equality for minorities, Rush's blood pressure, the standoff in Nevada, some guy's pond, the War on Christmas, terrorism, Benghazi, Don Sterling, spending too much on security, not spending enough on security, Benghazi, junk food laws, the Keystone pipeline, Benghazi, the vanishing middle class, Benghazi, the TARP bailout, Benghazi, the GM Volt, the cost of oil, Flight 370, winter, Benghazi and Benghazi.

I can't even construct a coherent response to that statement - my mind is too boggled that you think there's a cause/effect thing going on there.

But mostly, if he said there was a red line that will not be crossed, he would have kept his word.

Ok, so like the last guy said, what would he have done?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I can't even construct a coherent response to that statement - my mind is too boggled that you think there's a cause/effect thing going on there.

But mostly, if he said there was a red line that will not be crossed, he would have kept his word.

Ok, so like the last guy said, what would he have done?

Probably would have had a similar stupefied look on his face like that great Warrior......... W did when he was told planes had been flown into the WTC on 9/11.. although with his track record as a young man protesting FOR THE WAR in Vietnam that he ran away from..... he would probably have wet himself.