Boogers

Feds lay siege to Nevada ranch

Amazon

*********Most ranchers 'wealth' is their land, not necessarily in the bank or off-shore accounts. They pretty much live paycheck to paycheck and pay day is once a year at shipping time.

Chuck

Quite true.. but since 1993 based on Saint Ronald RayGuns formula from the EO in 1986 that was imposed on each head... He has run a few head of cattle out there on OUR property without paying for it. Bottom Line is that they instituted the PAY TO PLAY (or graze) and he probably ponied up while Ronnie RayGun and King George the First was in office.. but stopped paying when those evil democrats got in office there in 1993..

I would say that is a tad disingenuous on his part.

Well... just a little. :D As for 'our property', I don't mind him grazing cattle there... saves us havin' to mow it! :ph34r:

Chuck

I have good friends on the other side of the Cascades that do VERY well from "Mowing" their grass and Alfalfa.

I imagine... there's good money in hay.

Chuck

masterrig

Each new prez has his own way of expressing himself.

Chuck

And the GOP faithfull have their own special way of expressing themselves.. as evidenced by the most vile things ever said daily about this president in the history of the USA.

There is no longer a need for a president anyway... a sizable portion of the electorate wish to go back to boot licking just like in the good old days of monarchies.... in hopes of that promised table scraps just like dogs at the royal courts of old.

Amazon

***Each new prez has his own way of expressing himself.

Chuck

And the GOP faithfull have their own special way of expressing themselves.. as evidenced by the most vile things ever said daily about this president in the history of the USA.

There is no longer a need for a president anyway... a sizable portion of the electorate wish to go back to boot licking just like in the good old days of monarchies.... in hopes of that promised table scraps just like dogs at the royal courts of old.

I don't care if they're Republican or Democrat as long as they just do the job!

Chuck

masterrig

Each new prez has his own way of expressing himself.

What's hilarious about this is that anybody thinks the President of the US (no matter who it is) would give a crap about this low level stuff before any shooting started.

This is NOT the result of anything The White House has said or done. This IS the result of a guy deciding to not pay more than a million dollars in taxes. Where we are right this moment in this case is precisely where we'd be no matter who sat in the Oval.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

What's hilarious about this is that anybody thinks the President of the US (no matter who it is) would give a crap about this low level stuff before any shooting started.

This is NOT the result of anything The White House has said or done. This IS the result of a guy deciding to not pay more than a million dollars in taxes. Where we are right this moment in this case is precisely where we'd be no matter who sat in the Oval.

No matter who is in Oval, they probably wouldn't care.

Chuck

masterrig

******Each new prez has his own way of expressing himself.

Correct. Which is why I find it hilarious that people attempt to pin this on Obama specifically.
quade -

quade

*********Each new prez has his own way of expressing himself.

Correct. Which is why I find it hilarious that people attempt to pin this on Obama specifically.

No different than folks blaming Bush for everything...STILL! :D

Chuck

Chuck

masterrig

No different than folks blaming Bush for everything...STILL! :D

I don't think a lot of people blame GWB for everything. In my opinion, he doesn't need to be blamed for everything, because the very few things he can be specifically blamed for (like his signature on certain documents) . . . well . . . they're pretty horrible; torture, war for no reason . . . real crimes against humanity stuff.

So, I have no real reason to blame him for the piddly shit like this.
quade -

quade

cavete terrae.

SkyDekker

I'm glad to see that reason has prevailed, and the feds have backed down. It looks like all you liberals won't get your blood lust satisifed. Tsk tsk.

If there's any blood lust here, it appears to be from right wingers hoping for some dead BLM agents.

Who do you think they are? Branch Dividians?

No.. Just typical Tea Baggers hoping and praying for a confrontation to "Refresh the tree of Freedom" with some American blood.

As opposed to over zealous government thugs.

Yeah but you cheer on those over zealous thugs when they deport brown people.

It depends on the manner in which they do it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>I don't need or want an exemption.

Good! Then you are in my boat.

Absolutely NOT.

***>the rest of your ilk

I love this line. It's second only to "you know who else was OK with the law? Hitler, that's who!"

Really? You're resorting to a Hitler reference, so soon :S??

DanG

I don't need or want an exemption. I see what happened, & am willing to step up.

Wow, so you were one of the militiamen who went to Nevada? What was it like? I'd love to hear a first hand account.

That's not what I said, TROLL. Read much?

All American born engineers be forced out of thier livelihoods within a year.

Golly. All of us? Thanks for the tip. I'll start working on my resume right away.

I'd love how you'd howl, then...

DanG

I'm glad to see that reason has prevailed, and the feds have backed down. It looks like all you liberals won't get your blood lust satisifed. Tsk tsk.

If there's any blood lust here, it appears to be from right wingers hoping for some dead BLM agents.

Heavily armed feds moved in with a show of deadly force against a civilian who posed no threat of death or injury to anybody - including risk to the federal agents. The federal agents laid down the gauntlet - telling the citizen and his family that they were outnumbered, outmanned, and out-armed. You know, kinda the way a street gang goes into a housing project and provides a demonstration for those who would stand in their way?

It used to be liberals who had problems with government fucking over citizens. Liberals used to dislike police states. And free speech zones.

The government, it looks like, had legitimate reasons for taking the cattle off that land. And then fucked it up because of the way it went about doing it. Yes, we ARE getting pissed off with SWAT raids for an un-permitted backyard garden. We are getting fed up with NSA and "enhanced interrogation."

And why did the government stand down its armed forces? I think that there were two things: (1) escalating would be met by escalation of the protestors, whom the Second Amendment still protects; (2) it iwould be highly embarrassing on the international stage to show the US government in a firefight with citizens over cattle; and (3) polls suggested that it would look bad come election time.

In all seriousness, who first brought the "we're badasses with bigger guns than you" to this? Who first made a show off deadly force?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

kelpdiver

>the rest of your ilk

I love this line. It's second only to "you know who else was OK with the law? Hitler, that's who!"

I'm always entertained by tea party types that can't even figure out how to spell Berkeley. What a bunch of morans.

No, the Asholes in Berkeley changed the spelling to be assholes. Kinda like a Moran.

PiLFy

Yep. There it is, again. Assholes can say what they want, here. Doesn't change a thing. We'll see how loud they cry when it's them in the Fed's sights...

It would be fun to watch . . . not exactly a big A list movie, but Fun, like a train wreck.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I'm just curious... Bundy hasn't paid the fees for 20 years... So why the hell did it take the BLM that long to actually do something about it in a physical form?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I'm just curious... Bundy hasn't paid the fees for 20 years... So why the hell did it take the BLM that long to actually do something about it in a physical form?

Me too.

But when the feds do shit like this - I have more sympathy for the little guy.