GD64

Your fellow divers?

Just curious about what you divers think the current breakdown is politically in DZ's across the USA? I'm fairly new to these forums and have been reading them a lot. Me thinks 60% left leaning, 20% right leaning, 20% don't give a damn. What do you think?

I seldom saw anyone who really cared about others political leanings, we're stupid/silly/crazy/caring/intelligent/idiotic/suicidal people who really don't care about that crap on the dz.
oh sure you get the conversations where people are talking about some stupid shit the president or congress are pushing but overall? nahhh, people are more likely to care about how fun you are to hang around and how skilled you are in the air.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

D22369

I seldom saw anyone who really cared about others political leanings, we're stupid/silly/crazy/caring/intelligent/idiotic/suicidal people who really don't care about that crap on the dz.
oh sure you get the conversations where people are talking about some stupid shit the president or congress are pushing but overall? nahhh, people are more likely to care about how fun you are to hang around and how skilled you are in the air.

Roy

Not in SC. This is a dark hole. It will suck your soul and leave you a dried-up husk if you start posting in here. I'm feeling a little dehydrated just warning you. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

It's all down to perspective ...... from the observers POV just about every 'Murkan here leans right (or far right!!) if viewed from Europe... (they have NO clue what Left really is but think they do:P )

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

GD64

Just curious about what you divers think the current breakdown is politically in DZ's across the USA? I'm fairly new to these forums and have been reading them a lot. Me thinks 60% left leaning, 20% right leaning, 20% don't give a damn. What do you think?

I think you are right regarding the postings in SC. I also think D22369 is right regarding DZ life.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Roy......can I join you? I'll bring the beer.
Been bouncing around the site reading a lot, and of course checking to see how many of my diving buds are still upright. It seems there's some hating and vitriol on some of these threads. We always held ourselves to some standards......and yeah, they might have been low ones.

I did a poll in SC before. As I recall, we were pretty balanced as a self-reported matter.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

RonD1120

***Just curious about what you divers think the current breakdown is politically in DZ's across the USA? I'm fairly new to these forums and have been reading them a lot. Me thinks 60% left leaning, 20% right leaning, 20% don't give a damn. What do you think?

I think you are right regarding the postings in SC. I also think D22369 is right regarding DZ life.

Maybe 60% left of where you stand, Ron.

I'd say things are pretty much as the overall US is in the sport. Somewhat split down the middle of the overall US left to right spectrum.

Taken on a Western World scale, US politics are definitely very Right leaning. Someone who identifies as moderately left leaning in the US would probably identify with definitely right leaning groups elsewhere in the West.
Remster

Remster

Taken on a Western World scale, US politics are definitely very Right leaning. Someone who identifies as moderately left leaning in the US would probably identify with definitely right leaning groups elsewhere in the West.

That's pretty much my experience to date too.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

GD64

Just curious about what you divers think the current breakdown is politically in DZ's across the USA?

To my experience, they seem to correlate more or less to the ideological spread & proportions found in the general population in any particular region. So, for example, a higher proportion of conservative jumpers in Texas and the Deep South than in the Northeast US, etc. Which is logical.

FWIW, and this is very anecdotal and un-scientific, that's actually more the case over the past 20 years or so than it was (or at least seemed to me) back when I started in the mid-1970's. Back then, it seemed to me that there was a higher proportion of blue-collar and non-college educated people among the more experienced jumpers in the sport than is the case today; and that cohort traditionally trends to the more conservative.

Andy......your first paragraph totally logical.

Your second one got me thinking......years ago a lot of what you describe as blue-collar workers, made more money than college grads. However, that trend reversed itself for a lot of years where college educated made more money (total generalities here on my part) so their politics may follow along those parameters which probably lean more liberal. Sky diving has always been an expensive sport so more money....more "fun tickets".
Thanks.

Andy9o8

***Once a skydiver crosses the threshold to the Local DZ.....
Politics, JUST Like Egos,
NEED to be "checked @ the door "' ;) jmy

Absolutely. I never discuss politics at the DZ. I'm there to jump & socialize, period. Keeps it simple.

this is a good plan especially if TK is your DZO :P:D
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!