RonD1120

G2 R.I.P Manstopper Ammo

Stupid round, more marketing hype than ballistic science.

I think they fudged the ballistic jell tests.

I know that I don't want little projectiles to separate off my self defense round. That doesn't help incapacitate, that just increases the probability that person you shoot dies long after the fact, and it also increases the risk of hitting someone else with a through and through or a round that misses it mark.

Sorry but I will take any 9mm 147g jacketed hollow point over that piece of shit 9mm round any day of the week!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

This round may be too explosive. Hunters don't use ammo like that because it might use up all it's energy on the surface, and not penetrate deeply enough, into the vitals. You don't want a round that is going to blow up on someone's leather jacket.

Super explosive might be great for not penetrating walls, but at the same time you need a bullet that will penetrate deep enough to reach the vitals.

I used to hunt with a hollow point bullet. Actually it was called a ballistic tip bullet. After having it fail on four different game animals, I went to a better hunting bullet. All were hit in the shoulder blade and the bullet didn't penetrate. It blew a heck of an entrance hole, but only went in deep enough to blow up on bone.

The same may apply in defensive or tactical situations.....You don't want a bullet that blows up too easily....

DougH

Stupid round, more marketing hype than ballistic science.

I know that I don't want little projectiles to separate off my self defense round. That doesn't help incapacitate, that just increases the probability that person you shoot dies long after the fact, and it also increases the risk of hitting someone else with a through and through or a round that misses it mark.

The primary cause of death from handgun wound is blood loss. Major bleeding happens through there being a large wound channel. I don't see that this makes any larger a wound channel. It makes several small wound channels, so once again, it all comes down to shot placement.

I'm with you. Gimmick marketing. Likely overpriced, under-reliable, and certainly unproven.
--
Rob

>You don't want a round that is going to blow up on someone's leather jacket.

I like 230 grain JHP +P 45 acp ammo when out and about for the exact reasons you have stated.
They usually penetrate around 17 inches and can easily open up to .6 inches or better.

RonD1120

Every couple of years there is news of a drug that is so devastating and horrific that all previous addiction problems pale by comparison.

Similarly, every couple of years there are reports of a firearm/ammunition combination that is infinitely more effective than anything heretofore seen.

Yada, yada, yada.

If you develop an addiction to opium, you're there.

If you get hit by a blunderbuss, game over.

All else is details.

The tradeoffs regarding terminal ballistics are well established, and there really is nothing all that novel regarding this type of ammo.

I would not touch this stuff even as a novelty. If you ever have the misfortune to have to shoot someone, you sure as hell do not want to use something touted as having an ultimate level of lethality.

The ONLY reason one might have justifiable cause to shoot another is to STOP AN ATTACK, period. Exceed those criteria and you are way in the wrong; if you wish to be judge, jury and executioner, don't take it personally if you come to the attention of a further judge, jury and executioner - your call.

BSBD,

Winsor

steve1

This round may be too explosive. Hunters don't use ammo like that because it might use up all it's energy on the surface, and not penetrate deeply enough, into the vitals. You don't want a round that is going to blow up on someone's leather jacket.

Super explosive might be great for not penetrating walls, but at the same time you need a bullet that will penetrate deep enough to reach the vitals.

I used to hunt with a hollow point bullet. Actually it was called a ballistic tip bullet. After having it fail on four different game animals, I went to a better hunting bullet. All were hit in the shoulder blade and the bullet didn't penetrate. It blew a heck of an entrance hole, but only went in deep enough to blow up on bone.

The same may apply in defensive or tactical situations.....You don't want a bullet that blows up too easily....

Thanks to you and all others for the feedback. I have never seen anything like this cartridge. The first thing I thought of was a flechette round.

I see it now as a novelty only.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

rhaig

***Stupid round, more marketing hype than ballistic science.

The primary cause of death from handgun wound is blood loss. Major bleeding happens through there being a large wound channel. I don't see that this makes any larger a wound channel. It makes several small wound channels, so once again, it all comes down to shot placement.

I'm with you. Gimmick marketing. Likely overpriced, under-reliable, and certainly unproven.

+1
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca