RonD1120

Nelson & Winnie Mandela

3 Things You Didn’t (Want To) Know About Nelson Mandela

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/3-things-you-didnt-want-to-know-about-nelson-mandela/

His lovely wife Winnie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffv4TcpfyAs
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

His estranged ex-wife, Winnie is a total piece of work. A horrible person.

Nelson, on the other hand, was not. He was an inspiration to a nation in one of it's darkest times. Instead of being a bitter dividing force, he succeeded in uniting the nation under the most challenging circumstances and with EVERY RIGHT to be a bitter angry person (as some of you on here are). Instead he chose the high road, the right road, and focused on the positive.

I find it quite ironic, and hypocritical, how quick you are to point out that you'd take up arms against an imagined tyrannical USA government (and hence your rabid defense of the 2nd amendment), yet in a LEGITIMATE case like apartheid, you seem to think otherwise.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

ianmdrennan

His estranged ex-wife, Winnie is a total piece of work. A horrible person.

Nelson, on the other hand, was not. He was an inspiration to a nation in one of it's darkest times. Instead of being a bitter dividing force, he succeeded in uniting the nation under the most challenging circumstances and with EVERY RIGHT to be a bitter angry person (as some of you on here are). Instead he chose the high road, the right road, and focused on the positive.

I find it quite ironic, and hypocritical, how quick you are to point out that you'd take up arms against an imagined tyrannical USA government (and hence your rabid defense of the 2nd amendment), yet in a LEGITIMATE case like apartheid, you seem to think otherwise.

Ian

These actions endorsed by NM were my main focus. And, with WM & necklacing.

He signed off on the deaths of innocent people, lots of them

Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists. Here are some highlights

-Church Street West, Pretoria, on the 20 May 1983

-Amanzimtoti Shopping complex KZN, 23 December 1985

-Krugersdorp Magistrate’s Court, 17 March 1988

-Durban Pick ‘n Pay shopping complex, 1 September 1986

-Pretoria Sterland movie complex 16 April 1988 – limpet mine killed ANC terrorist M O Maponya instead

-Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court, 20 May 1987

-Roodepoort Standard Bank 3 June, 1988

Tellingly, not only did Mandela refuse to renounce violence, Amnesty refused to take his case stating “[the] movement recorded that it could not give the name of ‘Prisoner of Conscience’ to anyone associated with violence, even though as in ‘conventional warfare’ a degree of restraint may be exercised.”

So, if terrorism in South Africa to overthrow an oppressive government is OK with you answer this. Is terrorism to overthrow oppressive abortion laws OK in America?

BTW, the 2nd Amendment does not need defending. It is a Constitutional right.

I will take up arms to defend the U.S. Constitution by sworn oath on 25 Oct 1960. That is not hypocritical at all.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Ron,

Nelson Mandela refused to renounce violence because the Government at that time would not renounce it either. I realize the apartheid situation is really difficult for anyone who didn't live through it to understand, but you are forgetting that segregation was LAW and the Government was committing atrocities against anyone "non-white" on a daily basis. I lived in a pretty quiet part of SA and the violence against, Black people particularly, but the police, government, etc was horrific.

Honestly I don't think you can fully appreciate what was happening there at the time. I'd bet good money if you were on the receiving end of things, you'd have taken up arms eventually too.

Is terrorism to overthrow oppressive abortion laws OK in America?

What? That comment makes no sense. It would only be a relevant comment if the Government was REQUIRING you to get an abortion and jailed/killed/tortured you if you didn't. You clearly have no idea what was happening in the country if you even could make such an asinine comparison.

Do you realize that the government took people from their homes, marches them to "locations" and used the police force to keep them there? Do some research on apartheid, please.

Ahh, because a piece of paper says so, yes. But you don't think South African's had a RIGHT to live without persecution simply because of the color of their skin? I guess not, because our 'law' at that time was that anyone who wasn't white wasn't ALLOWED to live in white areas.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Very few of those who have choosen the wrong side of history ever will admit that they were wrong. You, like Reagan and Thatcher at the time were some how unable to see the inherent evil of apartheid. You still don't.

Sometimes you make it difficult not to believe that you judge a man on the color of his skin, and not on his character.

An interesting article I saw this morning about how Mandela didn't fit in with the the US govts Us/Them Cold War mindset.
(Note that the author was born in the US, but his parents were immigrants from South Africa.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/05/don-t-sanitize-nelson-mandela-he-s-honored-now-but-was-hated-then.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ianmdrennan

Ron,

Ahh, because a piece of paper says so, yes. But you don't think South African's had a RIGHT to live without persecution simply because of the color of their skin? I guess not, because our 'law' at that time was that anyone who wasn't white wasn't ALLOWED to live in white areas.

Ian

You are right, I know little about Aparthied. If I was a black man in SA I might have been a terrorist as well.

Please do not refer the U.S. Constitution as "just a piece of paper."

BTW, the asinine comparison is based on the concept that when someone is upset with their government is it permissible to kill innocents? Do you get it now?

jclalor

Very few of those who have choosen the wrong side of history ever will admit that they were wrong. You, like Reagan and Thatcher at the time were some how unable to see the inherent evil of apartheid. You still don't.

Sometimes you make it difficult not to believe that you judge a man on the color of his skin, and not on his character.

I never said I thought Aparthied was good. You see you judge me constantly by what you think I am. I simply pointed out that the Mandela's were murderers.

Rest assured, I know I am a mind boggling contradiction to the progressive liberals. They all live in their heads. No heart and no gift of discerning of spirits.

ianmdrennan

You added the 'just'.....don't be disingenuous

You are correct. I put the quotes in the wrong place.

Please do not refer the U.S. Constitution as just a "piece of paper."

billvon

So:

Nelson Mandela - terrorist supporting thug
George Zimmerman - underdog hero
Pope Frances - liberal extremist
9/11 - regrettable minor incident, caused by terrorists
Benghazi - national tragedy, caused by Obama

Nelson Mandela - Murderer
George Zimmerman - underdog hero ~OK
9/11 - act of war against the U.S. committed by terrorists
Benghazi - national tragedy, caused by Obama and Clinton

Winnie is not 'his lovely wife'. They separated almost as soon as he got out of jail and they divorced soon after that. Nelson Mandela had no idea what she was or may have been doing while he was in prison and he certainly had no effect on her actions given the isolation he was kept under.

Winnie Mandela was a fraud and used the position for her own personal gains, got involved in a lot of bad shit. Hence why he decided that was not going to work.

The French Resistance 'signed off on the deaths' of a lot of people too. But in the end they are still hailed as heroes fighting for their country and their cause.

You defend the actions of the USA in Afghanistan and Iraq, despite the fact that hundreds, if not tens of thousands of innocent people have died for the 'cause' that you defend.

Oh that's right, you are American, so your cause is correct and at the behest of God, whereas the others are not.....

Another corroborating article...

http://www.censorbugbear.org/black-racism/terrorism/nelson-mandela-the-bombing-record

As I read over the postings here a recurring thought kept coming to the foreground. If NM was against WM and her necklacing, what did they discuss on her visits for say the first fifteen years or so?