turtlespeed

Holy Misplaced Anger Batman!

Here is the link

The family of a suspected armed robber in Alabama is angry. Not at their relative who committed a crime, but rather at the Good Samaritan who shot him in order to protect other customers. The incident took place at a Family Dollar store in the city of Mobile, when 18-year-old Adric White put a gun to the head of an employee at the store.

The Good Samaritan, who wished to remain anonymous, said he was left with no choice but to shoot White. “He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees. I drew my gun on him and I said, ‘Hey, don’t move,’” explained the man. “At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me, I fired. I didn’t want to shoot him.”

But shockingly, a relative of White said that the shooting was uncalled for and the Good Samaritan should have “just left the store” instead of opening fire. “If his (the customer) life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him – what gives him the right to think that it’s okay to just shoot someone?” said the family member to Fox10 News. “You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”

White was shot five times, but survived and is in police custody while he recovers at a local hospital. He was also released on bond last month for an armed robbery that he was part of. Mobile police say the Good Samaritan broke no laws in the incident because the shooting was justified.

Emphasis mine . . .
But seriously . . . What are these people THINKING?
How could they rationally believe what they are saying?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

a double tap would have made sure he didn't survive. What do you mean what were they thinking? This is now part of the new obama culture. Where law abiding citizens are outlaws and the hoodrats get early releases cause the man held them down early in life.

Not sure about that . . . but I just can't wrap my head around how they actually can be angry when their guy was committing such a heinous crime.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

sounds like a classic case of...
The residents are running the Asylum...
they are waaaay off base here... too many scumbags watching TOO many movies/video games....
where Gunfire is not only acceptable, BUT expected...YET when someone ELSE plays that SAME hand..... they get alllll bent outta shape....
whatta freakin' world.....:S

p.s. just WHO will be paying for his medical care ?
In our local city newspaper, I read frequently about low lifes shooting each other, and then Receiving Instant mobilization of Cops, EMTs doctors nurses Etc....
When " they were transported to Rochester General Hospital, rushed into surgery, and are now, " Resting & receiving Guests" :|>:(.....
The hard hearted BASTARD in me, would rather read... "they were left lying in the gutter.. to REAP the rewards of Their OWN criminal behavior "..But I guess it's tough to figure out WHO is a perpetrator who is a victim, and who is BOTH...

:|

jimmytavino

sounds like a classic case of...
The residents are running the Asylum...
they are waaaay off base here... too many scumbags watching TOO many movies/video games....
where Gunfire is not only acceptable, BUT expected...YET when someone ELSE plays that SAME hand..... they get alllll bent outta shape....
whatta freakin' world.....:S

p.s. just WHO will be paying for his medical care ?
In our local city newspaper, I read frequently about low lifes shooting each other, and then Receiving Instant mobilization of Cops, EMTs doctors nurses Etc....
When " they were transported to Rochester General Hospital, rushed into surgery, and are now, " Resting & receiving Guests" :|>:(.....
The hard hearted BASTARD in me, would rather read... "they were left lying in the gutter.. to REAP the rewards of Their OWN criminal behavior "..But I guess it's tough to figure out WHO is a perpetrator who is a victim, and who is BOTH...

Correct . . . it is NOT easy.

This is now part of the new obama culture.

Ooh! Congratulations. You win the Speaker's Corner most idiotic comment of the Day Award. You must be proud.

This place really is a haven for troglodytes.
I'm going back to Bonfire, where "boobs" only means titties.

I try my Best....;) To BE correct. :)
it's difficult because often the line is long.... of the people, influences, experiences, and "opportunities" (mostly criminal ) which lead someone to walk into a store or ANY place of business and weild a gun.....while making demands...[:/]
Poor use of their own educational years,,, Lack of the basic knowldge of right vs. wrong, lousy or non existant parenting, peer pressure which can BE a huge temptation for many weak and wandering types.. make for fertile ground for growing anti-social behavior.. Add to it the Availability of weapons, legal AND illegal ,,, past history of USE with weapons, Lack of any sort of economic relief... and then Family members who are Waaay off base in their logic & thinking...
and it's no wonder we see such events... I applaud the concerned citizen who snuffed-out the situation which was volatile and Un Safe...
I'm not sure If i could have Done That...

Really? As a big fan of President Hussein Obama myself, I love seeing shit like this. While I think more guns in society are a bad idea, occasionally, something likes this comes along and makes me think twice.

jclalor

Really? As a big fan of President Hussein Obama myself, I love seeing shit like this. While I think more guns in society are a bad idea, occasionally, something likes this comes along and makes me think twice.

Had that customer in that store, with a gun, not been in that store, that employee could be dead. Part of being a concealed carry permit holder is to protect the life of another. Crooks with guns during a hold-up get jittery and bad things happen to innocent people. This incident only solidifies concealed carry. The thinking on the part of the family of the crook is more than mis-guided. I can see a civil suit coming from this and that, is just too wrong.

Chuck

masterrig

Had that customer in that store, with a gun, not been in that store, that employee could be dead. Part of being a concealed carry permit holder is to protect the life of another. Crooks with guns during a hold-up get jittery and bad things happen to innocent people. This incident only solidifies concealed carry. The thinking on the part of the family of the crook is more than mis-guided. I can see a civil suit coming from this and that, is just too wrong.

Chuck

And for every case like this where a concealed weapon may have prevented a death(s), there are many more where a concealed weapon was left on a car seat, on a kitchen table, or some other place where a child finds it and kills themselves or others.

I don't think an attorney would ever take this case.

jclalor

Chuck

And for every case like this where a concealed weapon may have prevented a death(s), there are many more where a concealed weapon was left on a car seat, on a kitchen table, or some other place where a child finds it and kills themselves or others.

You'd be surprised! There are some scheister lawyers out there who will take-on anything if they think there's a dollar in it.
Those careless people with guns should not have them and they only make it rough for real, responsible gun owners. I can't see generalizing 'all' gun owners. It's that old story... one bad apples spoils the bunch.

Chuck

masterrig

Chuck

You'd be surprised! There are some scheister lawyers out there who will take-on anything if they think there's a dollar in it.
Those careless people with guns should not have them and they only make it rough for real, responsible gun owners. I can't see generalizing 'all' gun owners. It's that old story... one bad apples spoils the bunch.

Chuck

I don't think being forgetful makes you a bad person, just human. With the number of concealed guns growing, accidental shootings of children are going to grow at the same rate as Concealed weapons.

If people like this can be forgetful, I suppose anyone can. This happened 2 blocks from me.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_21020993/probe-continues-into-shooting-death-gilroy-san-jose

As far as a lawsuit, you may be right. One could never go broke in this country betting how low an attorney can go in trying to make a buck.

jclalor

Chuck

Chuck

I don't think being forgetful makes you a bad person, just human. With the number of concealed guns growing, accidental shootings of children are going to grow at the same rate as Concealed weapons.

If people like this can be forgetful, I suppose anyone can. This happened 2 blocks from me.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_21020993/probe-continues-into-shooting-death-gilroy-san-jose

As far as a lawsuit, you may be right. One could never go broke in this country betting how low an attorney can go in trying to make a buck.

What a very sad thing. We don't have all the facts and I don't feel we should draw conclusions, blame or generalize.
I do agree with the idea that those gun owners who are careless with the way they store their guns, should not have them. Simply telling a child to stay away from your guns is like giving the child a book of matches and saying 'Stay away from the gasoline'! I do support the idea of familiarity and education of children on guns and gun safety. Sadly, there are too many who won't take the time to do that. I would like to see the results of the investigation in this case.

Chuck

jclalor

And for every case like this where a concealed weapon may have prevented a death(s), there are many more where a concealed weapon was left on a car seat, on a kitchen table, or some other place where a child finds it and kills themselves or others..

"Many more" - so what do your stats say is "many more"

2 to 1? 3 to 1? 10 to 1?

what is the real number? how do you find the number of 'prevented' crimes too for that matter? I think it would be easier to get an official stat of just what activists pretend that ratio is or what they assume it is.

in my house the ratio is zero divided by zero - so I guess you can pretend it's any number you like.

regardless of the ratio, irresponsible owners (any amount) are real problems and should be addressed directly and immediately. and those actions should take place that don't affect responsible owners.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***And for every case like this where a concealed weapon may have prevented a death(s), there are many more where a concealed weapon was left on a car seat, on a kitchen table, or some other place where a child finds it and kills themselves or others..

2 to 1? 3 to 1? 10 to 1?

what is the real number? how do you find the number of 'prevented' crimes too for that matter? I think it would be easier to get an official stat of just what activists pretend that ratio is or what they assume it is.

in my house the ratio is zero divided by zero - so I guess you can pretend it's any number you like.

regardless of the ratio, irresponsible owners (any amount) are real problems and should be addressed directly and immediately. and those actions should take place that don't affect responsible owners.

It's surprisingly difficult to find data on accidental child shootings, this explained why:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all

Uncommon events are news, like this punk getting shot, common events, like a four year old shooting his little sister rarely make the news.

I don't think the NRA really doubts the problem, they claim education of children is the answer.

Every house starts with a ratio of zero divided by zero.

rehmwa

Studies show that you're more likely to be counted in the statistics presented in a study if you support the author's point.

regulator

a double tap would have made sure he didn't survive. What do you mean what were they thinking? This is now part of the new obama culture. Where law abiding citizens are outlaws and the hoodrats get early releases cause the man held them down early in life.

FFS what has this got to do with Obama, people have been abdicating responsibility for fucking centuries. It not bloody political.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

jclalor

******And for every case like this where a concealed weapon may have prevented a death(s), there are many more where a concealed weapon was left on a car seat, on a kitchen table, or some other place where a child finds it and kills themselves or others..

2 to 1? 3 to 1? 10 to 1?

It's surprisingly difficult to find data on accidental child shootings, this explained why:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all

Uncommon events are news, like this punk getting shot, common events, like a four year old shooting his little sister rarely make the news.

You said these accidental deaths happen far often than a death is prevented, but it appears you're putting an extremely narrow definition of the latter. Classically, it's defined by dead bad guys, even though that's far more restrictive than preventing a death to a good guy.

As for the NYT article - it's unfortunate to see such inconsistencies in classification (though personally I wonder how accidental it is when one kid points a gun at another and pulls the trigger). But their examination of 5 states (representing on order of 1/6th of the population) still shows a number of accidents at 257 over 6 to 14 years (California was much shorter, represents at least 60% of the population, but a much smaller portion of the deaths).

Defensive gun uses are counted as low as 100k per year (conservative) to over a million (aggressively). So I don't see data supporting your assertion.

Hi Chuck,

There are some scheister lawyers out there who will take-on anything if they think there's a dollar in it.

Don't delude yourself.

This type of stuff is almost always only on a contingency basis. Any competent attorney would spend about an hour looking ito it and then taking a pass.

Why do you think it is called 'The Uninsured United Parachute Technologies?'

:S

JerryBaumchen

PS) I accept that 'competent' is subjective.

Squeak

***a double tap would have made sure he didn't survive. What do you mean what were they thinking? This is now part of the new obama culture. Where law abiding citizens are outlaws and the hoodrats get early releases cause the man held them down early in life.

FFS what has this got to do with Obama, people have been abdicating responsibility for fucking centuries. It not bloody political.

Indeed.. lots of people trying to make political capital from an apolitical situation... muppets only seem to see in black or white:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Back on topic...

This way of thinking pre-dated the current President. This is one data point in a long history of data points.

There are people who think they are owed something and their victims should remain victims. Nothing new.

My only concern with this whole story is...the perp was hit five times and is still alive? WTF? No wonder the shooter wants to remain anonymous. So would I!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.