rushmc

ACA

Ok, we all know what we were told the ACA would do
And we all know it is still early in the roll out process

But, I have one question
Please tell me one selling point of the ACA that has, or still has a chance of being true

Thanks
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wmw999

:ph34r:

Wendy P.

given the number of promises (lies), it is a very short list so far
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Personally, the "You can keep your doctor" is true.

But technically I am not participating in the ACA.
Yet.

This is as intended

.... for now
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

So tell us your vision of the future.

It will fail, as intended. Then we'll go to single payer. Which many in congress have already admitted was /is the end game
Abraham Lincoln

Remember that young Biff has the almanac, so to speak, so anything that happens or doesn't happen now will be or will have been due to or in spite of the ACA passing depending on whether you love it in principle or hate it fundamentally. And since the DeLorean got run over by a train, we'll never be able to settle the ensuing arguments.

Bignugget

******:ph34r:

Wendy P.

Thankfully, you only asked for one. Not a "long list".

Is that what you think littlepebble?
Abraham Lincoln

Bignugget

******:ph34r:

Wendy P.

Thankfully, you only asked for one. Not a "long list".

Out of the plethora of promises regarding ACA . . . Name 5 that have been realized.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rushmc

But, I have one question
Please tell me one selling point of the ACA that has, or still has a chance of being true

Thanks

I have the same Dr and a cheaper plan.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Ok, we all know what we were told the ACA would do

But, I have one question

Thanks

But you are among the most privileged and own a plane
That is what the left elite do, they take care of themselves first
And you are among the execptions

there are a couple of states where the rates are going down. But those states had regulations that drove prices up over the country averages
Ironic huh......
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

But, I have one question

Thanks

Until 2015.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

rushmc

But, I have one question

People with pre-existing conditions will be able to get individual health insurance without going six months without and buying into a high risk pool.

Old people won't pay more than 3X young people (although those young people will pay more - I'm paying $150 a month for my adult son not the $85 which preceded the changes).

Preventative care and maternity will be covered (although people will pay more than they did for catastrophic coverage).

Families of four at the 75th income percentile and below who buy private policies will get government assistance so they don't have to spend too much. Single people will get help too, but only when they make less than 2/3 of the average for college graduates. (people without the government covering their tab past some limit will pay more when prices rise like they always do with government money pouring into a market, like they have with education where each $1 of government aid lands a $0.60 price increase and price increases have quadrupled inflation since 1980).

Children under 26 who aren't students can stay on their parents' group plan. (This often costs a lot more. Covering my adult son on my group plan would land the insurer 500 a month with $400 out of my paycheck versus the $85 I was spending to cover my adult son before the shenanigans. His policy isn't "as good" although $4980 a year in price difference covers a lot of doctor's visits).

Obamacare has a lot of benefits. Unfortunately most of them will be for the health care industries (in the form of increased profits) and not the people. A law passed for the people would have extended the not-for-profit Medicare program which exists to insure the old and infirm to cover the somewhat old and infirm instead of ACA's for-profit scheme which covers these people through for-profit companies allowed a 25% markup on whatever they care to spend (like covering the $100/month patented form of a drug which lacks the inactive chiral form of its molecule not the $10/month form available as a generic which has extra inert fillings. Nexium with double the active ingredient as Prilosec did a little better in tests which makes it the preferred drug).

I am pretty excited. It's going to be fun mocking Republicans when the life panels maximize profits through heroic measures. With insurers legally prohibited from making more profits by cutting costs we're going to see a lot of $1M end-of-life care packages which let them keep an extra $200,000.

Southern_Man

People can't be denied insurance coverage because of pre-existing conditions.

Children can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26.

This is easy :)

FYI that was already going to be happening. The insurnace compnaies were moving to it and you do not need the ACA to pass those two simple requirements. Keep those and scrap the rest.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

DrewEckhardt

But, I have one question

People with pre-existing conditions will be able to get individual health insurance without going six months without and buying into a high risk pool.

Old people won't pay more than 1/3 young people (although those young people will pay more).

Preventative care and maternity will be covered (although people will pay more than they did for catastrophic coverage).

Families of four at the 75th income percentile and below who buy private policies will get government assistance so they don't have to spend too much. Single people will get help too, but only when they make less than 2/3 of the average for college graduates. (people without the government covering their tab past some limit will pay more when prices rise like they always do with government money pouring into a market, like they have with education where each $1 of government aid lands a $0.60 price increase and price increases have quadrupled inflation since 1980).

Over 30 million will remain uninsured
This plan will colapse on its own

The plan has youner people paying higher premiums than the older
It is a ponzi game that will never get going
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Ok, we all know what we were told the ACA would do

But, I have one question

Thanks

there are a couple of states where the rates are going down. But those states had regulations that drove prices up over the country averages
Ironic huh......

What is your coverage and premium changing to RUSH?

My coverage didn't change, my doctors didn't change, my policy didn't change.

My premium rose, but no more than it has been rising each year since 2007 when I purchased the policy.

I am with BCBS, have a $1,000 in network deductible, $0 copay on doctor/ER visits, drug copay is $30-$75 depending on brand etc.

Cost is now ~$260/month for myself. Cost in 2007 was ~$150/month.

I am single, 29 years old, white male, non-smoker. Though I don't believe I indicated any of that when I originally bought the policy in 2007.

What about you?

Bignugget

*********Ok, we all know what we were told the ACA would do

But, I have one question

Thanks

Ironic huh......

What is your coverage and premium changing to RUSH?

My coverage didn't change, my doctors didn't change, my policy didn't change.

My premium rose, but no more than it has been rising each year since 2007 when I purchased the policy.

I am with BCBS, have a $1,000 in network deductible, $0 copay on doctor/ER visits, drug copay is $30-$75 depending on brand etc.

Cost is now ~$260/month for myself. Cost in 2007 was ~$150/month.

I am single, 29 years old, white male, non-smoker. Though I don't believe I indicated any of that when I originally bought the policy in 2007.

What about you?

What is your 2015 cost and coverage?

rushmc

This plan will colapse on its own

You mean like the US military with more substantial spending for less benefit?

It is a ponzi game that will never get going

You mean like Social Security?

Government spending programs grow like cancer, especially when there are profits to be made.

Not coincidentally PhRMA (the PHarmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America PAC, same people who brought us Medicare Part D) spent $150M passing the new law.

Gotta go rebalance my portfolio - I smell record profits with no end in sight.

My coverage cannot change, unless I change it. Policies in place before 2010 that meet the minimum standards of coverage (of which mine qualifies) are grandfathered into the ACA....at least according to the phone call and letter from BCBS.

I don't know what the cost will be.

You could probably extrapolate it based on the 2007-2013 numbers though.

I guess I lucked out by being responsible and carrying health insurance as an adult.

Never used the shit but hey, I don't have to get on that website you guys are all freaking out about.