normiss

Ready for another school shooting?

yoink

Until that is done. Expect more school shootings. There are simply too many guns, and too many nut jobs that ACCESS CONTROL is the only solution.

Nope.

I've worked on the design of schools like that and they SUCK at being educational facilities. They end up being more like correctional facilities, with correspondingly higher maintenance and support fees.

I wouldn't want my kids being educated in one.

I agree, access control is the key. Stop the nutjobs getting the guns.

Please explain how access control, over there, has anything to do with educational instruction in another part of the building.

Nutjobs can get guns far easier than the ease to check a backpack at the door of a school.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. The idea to disarm America with zillions of guns abound, all while leaving the doors open is total ignorance.

JerryBaumchen

Hi normiss,

I thought I would add this latest news:

http://www.kgw.com/news/St-Helens-allows-teachers-to-carry-guns-to-school-229276631.html

JerryBaumchen

"Ray Biggs is a St. Helens school board member who championed the repeal. He said that the district has no position on whether teachers should bring guns to class, but he personally supports the idea.
“Absolutely,” Biggs said. “The NRA says the only way you can stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun.”"

That cracked me up.

Why do you support teachers carrying guns to school sir?

'Well the fuckin NRA said thats the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun!"

hahaha. classic.

Personally I will find heavy irony when the teacher leaves their gun on the desk and some mentally handicapped school kid blows his brains out with it.

Bignugget

***Hi normiss,

http://www.kgw.com/news/St-Helens-allows-teachers-to-carry-guns-to-school-229276631.html

JerryBaumchen

"Ray Biggs is a St. Helens school board member who championed the repeal. He said that the district has no position on whether teachers should bring guns to class, but he personally supports the idea.
“Absolutely,” Biggs said. “The NRA says the only way you can stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun.”"

That cracked me up.

hahaha. classic.

Personally I will find heavy irony when the teacher leaves their gun on the desk and some mentally handicapped school kid blows his brains out with it.

My bet is that you would giggle your ass off.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

"armed with his parents' gun"

"But for whatever reason, the boy, whom authorities have not identified, took his parents' handgun to school, a federal law enforcement source said."

Sign of the times:

news.discovery.com/human/life/more-guns-in-us-homes-more-kids-getting-shot-131026.htm

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Bignugget

***Hi normiss,

JerryBaumchen

That cracked me up.

hahaha. classic.

so that's what happened huh. it'll be ok cupcake.

As I've said repeatedly, until we make gun owners responsible for the safe and secure storage of their weapons.....

I just can't believe how many don't understand that.

Appears their own children's lives are worth less than a cheap gun safe.

normiss

As I've said repeatedly, until we make gun owners responsible for the safe and secure storage of their weapons.....

I just can't believe how many don't understand that.

Appears their own children's lives are worth less than a cheap gun safe.

I can't believe how many people jump on guns when other things are so much more likely to kill them and their children.

Only 600 people of all ages are killed each year in firearms accidents, including those killed in hunting accidents.

33,000 people are killed each year by unintentional poisoning.

It blows my mind how people can obsess about things they don't like but aren't likely to kill them while ignoring much more dangerous threats like cleaning supplies, swimming pools (3,500 non-boating accidental drownings occur each year), ladders and trees (26,000 people are killed by falls each year).

A blanket law would be fine "children must be separated by lock and key from dangerous situations" but the obsession with firearms is ludicrous.

In theory we're people with brains who can think, not animals driven by emotion and instinct.

He jumped on gun owners, NOT the gun.

It amazes me how many gun-loving people misquote that context.

It is also irresponsible for a parent to leave poison out for a kid to find, or leave the pool unlocked.

I don't have his faith in people acting responsibly, but you could at least reference the context accurately.

For me the difference is a kid can't take his parents pool to school and kill everyone....so that isn't as much of a concern.

For me the difference is a kid can't take his parents pool to school and kill everyone....so that isn't as much of a concern.

A kid can take a can of gasoline from the garage, or mix and match chemicals for effects like chlorine gas and neither will show up on metal detectors.

Here's a good idea:

1. Armed guards at all school entrances
2. Strip searches for everyone entering (or maybe they could just use the back-scatter xray machines we have at airports).

No exceptions for a zero-tolerance policy that will make a difference.

Some people would argue that saving lives doesn't justify infringing our rights although we're past that point and need to focus on what it will take to be effective.

But they don't typically do those things.

I fully support gun ownership. I think it's a necessary evil to life on this planet.
I think as an adult, expecting others to act like adults is not asking for too much.

I can promise you that one of my guns will NEVER kill an innocent child.
I believe in gun safes.

Get mad all you like, it's the right thing to do.
Buying a safe for your guns infringes on no rights of anyone.

DrewEckhardt

Only 600 people of all ages are killed each year in firearms accidents, including those killed in hunting accidents.

RIGHT! Drop in the bucket: no-one cares about ONLY 600 unnecessary deaths. Nothing to worry about.

Next we'll be wanting to vaccinate people against measles (ONLY about 450 people died each year from it in the years before the vaccine).

I expect they'll even want skydivers to have a reserve as well as a main canopy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

regulator

******"armed with his parents' gun"

"But for whatever reason, the boy, whom authorities have not identified, took his parents' handgun to school, a federal law enforcement source said."

I see this as a cost of having the second amendment.
--------------------------------------------------
From the looks of your avatar you are canadian. If that is the case YOU dont have a 2nd amendment. If you are canadian you dont have far to look how gun registration went in your own country and how difficult it was to create a gun registration database.

Correct. We don't have a 2nd Amendment. Nor would I propose a gun registry for the US, nor am I advocating any gun abn for the US. I simply don't think it would accomplish anything positive.

That doesn't take away that the US went down this road a long time ago. Shootings like this are a consequence of the road the US decided to walk on.

Let me put it this way. If automobiles were added as a right to the constitution and they could be acquired and used on public lands without any training, deaths related to car acccidents would rise.