rickjump1

Gulf states to introduce medical testing on travellers to "detect" gay people and stop them from entering the country

Iago

So don't go there. Why would you want to anyways? They host skydiving and base jumping events, and there are a lot of westerners working in the oil and construction industry. No question this will hurt tourism.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Iago

So don't go there. Why would you want to anyways?

I think the real question is why do liberals want to allow Sharia Law in the U.S.?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

billvon

>I think the real question is why do liberals want to allow Sharia Law in the U.S.?

Liberals have been the ones fighting FOR gay rights for decades while conservatives opposed them with everything they had.

And yet liberals still want to allow Sharia law in the U.S. How does this jive with gay rights and women's rights again?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

ryoder

And yet liberals still want to allow Sharia law in the U.S.

Please cite your sources for this. How about a liberal judge who rules in favor of Sharia Law?http://www.westernjournalism.com/liberal-judge-strikes-down-oks-new-anti-sharia-law/ "An Oklahoma constitutional amendment that would bar the state’s courts from considering or using Sharia law was ruled unconstitutional Thursday by a federal judge in Oklahoma City."

JohnnyMarko

From the article

It’s illegal to be gay in 78 countries, with lesbianism banned in 49. Five countries mete out the death penalty to gay people – Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen and Mauritania.

I'm sorry, what?...can't be gay in 78, only 49 for lesbianism?!

Two guys, that's gross, two girls is hot :P
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

>And yet liberals still want to allow Sharia law in the U.S.

No, they don't. The only people who even bring Sharia law up are conservatives.

Shall we ban people who bring Sharia law into Speaker's Corner, lest we be accused of "wanting to allow Sharia law" on the website? Think about that and let me know.

JohnnyMarko

From the article

It’s illegal to be gay in 78 countries, with lesbianism banned in 49. Five countries mete out the death penalty to gay people – Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen and Mauritania.

Well, YEAH!

Female Boobies are GOOD, Yo!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rickjump1

Please cite your sources for this. How about a liberal judge who rules in favor of Sharia Law?http://www.westernjournalism.com/liberal-judge-strikes-down-oks-new-anti-sharia-law/ "An Oklahoma constitutional amendment that would bar the state’s courts from considering or using Sharia law was ruled unconstitutional Thursday by a federal judge in Oklahoma City."

1. Federal, state, and local courts follow the law of the jurisdiction over which they preside, not arbitrary irrelevant religious edicts. So this was a "solution" in search of a problem.

2. The 1st Amendment of the Consitution:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

So this (utterly pointless) law was singling out a specific religion.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

1. Federal, state, and local courts follow the law of the jurisdiction over which they preside, not arbitrary irrelevant religious edicts. So this was a "solution" in search of a problem.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

So this (utterly pointless) law was singling out a specific religion. Ok, but what about judges that "rule" in favor of a defendant who uses sharia law as a defense? This has happened more than once and in different states: wife beaters, wife rapists, etc. http://james4america.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/new-jersey-judge-accepts-sharia-law-as-mans-defense-in-spousal-rape-case-appellate-court-rules-that-the-judge-is-mistaken/

billvon

You didn't answer my question before. Do you want Sharia law in Speaker's Corner?

You're the moderator, so step up to the plate and moderate. If you are so uncomfortable with people talking about sharia law do what you think you should do, Mr. Moderator. Me, I don't want sharia law anywhere, but we must talk about it on Speakers Corner until you shut it down. Double talk?

billvon

>Me, I don't want sharia law anywhere, but we must talk about it on Speakers Corner
>until you shut it down.

OK, fair enough. The next time you bring Sharia Law into Speaker's Corner you'll be banned for two weeks.

Wow - what a serious hypocrite.

PA's . . . And now a banning for topic intro.

Sa weeeeeeet
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>Wow - what a serious hypocrite.

?? I have no problem discussing Sharia law; seems true of most people. If he doesn't want Sharia law anywhere I will grant him that by banning him if he brings it in here. That will prevent him from both discussing it and seeing it.

JohnnyMarko

From the article

Well some homophobes still recognize that hot girl on girl action is pretty sweet.

rickjump1

So this (utterly pointless) law was singling out a specific religion. Ok, but what about judges that "rule" in favor of a defendant who uses sharia law as a defense? This has happened more than once and in different states: wife beaters, wife rapists, etc. http://james4america.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/new-jersey-judge-accepts-sharia-law-as-mans-defense-in-spousal-rape-case-appellate-court-rules-that-the-judge-is-mistaken/

What about it?

He was mistaken.

Did you read your own link?

billvon

>Wow - what a serious hypocrite.

?? I have no problem discussing Sharia law; seems true of most people. If he doesn't want Sharia law anywhere I will grant him that by banning him if he brings it in here. That will prevent him from both discussing it and seeing it.

Here you go big fella, sharia law is a danger to the US Constitution and the American way of life no matter what the liberal billvons of this world say. I think someone is pulling your strings. So long folks; don't let billvon take away your 1st Amendment rights.