billvon

Kudos to Dennis Ross (R-FL)

A hopeful sign. Dennis Ross, a Tea Party conservative, is starting to break from the Tea Party line and accept a compromise bill that focuses on the debt limit rather than Obamacare. If this continues we might get a working government back yet. (Well, at least one that's not shut down.)

=================
Tea Party’s Ross Says Debt Worth Yielding on Obamacare
By Michael C. Bender
Oct 4, 2013 3:42 PM PT

U.S. Representative Dennis Ross, a Florida Republican, said he would support a broad spending deal that didn’t include changes to the health-care law, becoming the first Tea Party-backed House lawmaker to publicly back off the fight that is shut down the government for four days.

Ross, ranked among the House’s most conservative members by both the Club for Growth and the American Conservative Union, said he shifted his position because the shutdown hasn’t resulted in changes to the Affordable Care Act, which started Oct. 1, the same day government funding ran out. The shutdown also could hurt the party, he said.

“We’ve lost the CR battle,” Ross, referring to the continuing resolution to authorize government spending, said in an interview. “We need to move on and take whatever we can find in the debt limit.”
======================

He is still a TERRORIST, an ANARCHIST.

He softens because he can't defy the law-of-the-land. As far as I am concerned, send him to Guantanamo Bay; he probably has done more harm to the US than anyone else incarcerated there.

He and his ilks have truly turned this country into a Banana Republic. (And that includes setting one-self on fire in the National Mall.)

Let's have no mercy with them, as they have no mercy with the poor!!!!

P.S.: Let there be no doubt!!!! People die daily from lack of affordable medical care!!!!

billvon

A hopeful sign. Dennis Ross, a Tea Party conservative, is starting to break from the Tea Party line and accept a compromise bill that focuses on the debt limit rather than Obamacare. If this continues we might get a working government back yet. (Well, at least one that's not shut down.)

=================
By Michael C. Bender

U.S. Representative Dennis Ross, a Florida Republican, said he would support a broad spending deal that didn’t include changes to the health-care law, becoming the first Tea Party-backed House lawmaker to publicly back off the fight that is shut down the government for four days.

Ross, ranked among the House’s most conservative members by both the Club for Growth and the American Conservative Union, said he shifted his position because the shutdown hasn’t resulted in changes to the Affordable Care Act, which started Oct. 1, the same day government funding ran out. The shutdown also could hurt the party, he said.

“We’ve lost the CR battle,” Ross, referring to the continuing resolution to authorize government spending, said in an interview. “We need to move on and take whatever we can find in the debt limit.”
======================

Obama was elected by a vote of majority. Who elected this terrorist, radical Republican nim-wit? If you count the numbers of electoral votes, it is nowhere near a majority.

Maybe 5% of electoral votes are holding US all hostage!! I am sick and tired of having my life governed by Appalachians, Texans, etc. with a 4th grade education who still believe in Father Christmas at age 30.

Gravitymaster

Obamas approval rating is down to 41%. Keep wishing, maybe the libs can get the numbers up if they clench their fists and stomp their feet. That would be more effective than the present tactic.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

mpohl

Obama was elected by a vote of majority. Who elected this terrorist, radical Republican nim-wit? If you count the numbers of electoral votes, it is nowhere near a majority.

Maybe 5% of electoral votes are holding US all hostage!! I am sick and tired of having my life governed by Appalachians, Texans, etc. with a 4th grade education who still believe in Father Christmas at age 30.

***Obamas approval rating is down to 41%. Keep wishing, maybe the libs can get the numbers up if they clench their fists and stomp their feet. That would be more effective than the present tactic.

Eh... the majority of the House is in theory what represents the majority of the people.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

AT MOST, it represents a majority of the districts.

But because of Republican re-districting, that is no longer the same as the majority of votes. The fine art of democratic terrorism...honed over 20 years!!!

But even then, we are talking about 40, maybe 50, extremists within the Republican caucus of 250 taking the whole country hostage. And not for the better of the country, but for their own personal welfare and advancement of tea-party ideology.

To me that's treason!!!!

devildog

***Obamas approval rating is down to 41%. Keep wishing, maybe the libs can get the numbers up if they clench their fists and stomp their feet. That would be more effective than the present tactic.

Eh... the majority of the House is in theory what represents the majority of the people.

>Obamas approval rating is down to 41%.

So his approval rating is almost THREE TIMES the approval rating of the GOP. Wow.

>Keep wishing, maybe the libs can get the numbers up if they clench their fists and
>stomp their feet.

Don't think they have to worry much. When you are losing as badly and thoroughly as the GOP is - when even your leaders admit that they don't know what they're doing - you don't have to be good, you just have to wait the other guys out and wait for them to implode. Ross and people like him represent the one chance the GOP has to come out ahead, but if enough people like yourself get their way, they won't take that opportunity.

So good luck with that. Let us know how that goes.

===============
Poll: Lowest-ever approval for GOP lawmakers
Politico

Democrats have their best approval rating since May, the poll indicates.
AP Photo
By TAL KOPAN | 10/1/13 6:38 AM EDT

Americans overwhelmingly oppose shutting down government to stop Obamacare, according to a new poll on Tuesday, with Republicans in Congress getting their lowest approval marks to date.

Americans were against a government shutdown as a way to stop the president’s health care law from taking effect 72 percent to 22 percent in a Quinnipiac poll. The more than three-to-one ratio was despite a near even split on Obamacare itself, with 45 percent support to 47 percent opposition.

Republicans in Congress also got record-low marks in the poll. Just 17 percent of Americans approved of the job GOP lawmakers were doing, and 74 percent disapproved. That’s the lowest approval ever in Quinnipiac’s polling, and is down from August and July this summer
=================

>You mean like the kind of politician that would sit in a black separatist church for 20 years?

Yep. The kind that can do that and still win a popular election over a war hero and a charismatic millionaire by historically wide margins.

(Oh, and you forgot he's a terrorist and he was born in Kenya and he's gay. And Ayers Benghazi scary black Chicago.)

Hate to burst your little fantasy but this too will pass.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164714/history-suggests-shutdown-stakes-may-not-high.aspx

Keep barring WW2 Veterans from visiting a Memorial to themselves and the numbers for the left wingers will continue to plummet. I think that in your zest to make this shutdown as painful as possible, your Party has over-played it's hand.

billvon

>You mean like the kind of politician that would sit in a black separatist church for 20 years?

Yep. The kind that can do that and still win a popular election over a war hero and a charismatic millionaire by historically wide margins.

(Oh, and you forgot he's a terrorist and he was born in Kenya and he's gay. And Ayers Benghazi scary black Chicago.)

Non-sequitur. Try reading the post I was responding to. Then you will see how ridiculous this post was.

>Keep barring WW2 Veterans from visiting a Memorial . . . .

Yep, and that's one of the reasons the GOP's approval rating is down to 17% - and dropping. Banning veterans from memorials, closing national parks, reducing aid to vets, stopping aid to women, infants and children is bound to piss people off - even if it makes GOP hardliners happy.

>Pretty funny coming from a left winger...Which party is it that is always going around
>calling people terrorists and anarchists?

Both parties do that quite regularly. They're both full of idiots.

>Non-sequitur.

Why are you replying to posts twice? Is this making you that angry?

I can assure you that Obama is getting a lot more blame than left wingers 3000 miles away are aware of. The DC area is very saturated with active duty and retired military. Most blame Obama for trying to make this as painful as possible. Only the most ardent Hope and Changers see it any different.

Interesting that you're making the point that Obama is doing so much worse in the polls yet the link you post suggests differently

"President Obama may have more to lose, in a way. His approval rating has been somewhere in the 40% range throughout September and was 44% on Monday, according to Gallup Daily tracking conducted Sept. 27-29. But Americans are slightly more likely to see President Obama as acting more responsibly than the Republican leaders in Congress in handling the budget negotiations. Thus, Obama -- like Clinton -- may end up unscathed after the shutdown ends."
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

mpohl

AT MOST, it represents a majority of the districts.

But because of Republican re-districting, that is no longer the same as the majority of votes. The fine art of democratic terrorism...honed over 20 years!!!

But even then, we are talking about 40, maybe 50, extremists within the Republican caucus of 250 taking the whole country hostage. And not for the better of the country, but for their own personal welfare and advancement of tea-party ideology.

To me that's treason!!!!

--------------------------------------------
Do you smell your own farts too?

[Reply]But because of Republican re-districting,

Republican redistricting? No. It's called "redistricting" and whomever is in power does it. It's called "gerrymandering."

How bad is the redistricting? Let's see. From 2005-2007 we had GOP majorities in the House and Senate and a GOP POTUS. Then there was an election which gave a Dem House and a Dem Senate (practical) from 2007-2009. Then there was and election and there was a heavy Dem House, a heavy Dem Senate and a Dem POTUS from 2009-2011. Then there was an election and from 2011-2013 there was a lighhtly Dem Senate, a strong GOP House and a Dem Senate.

I mean, seriously - that's a lot of ping ponging in the last decade. And somewhat of an indication that gerrymandering ain't always effective in the long or even mid-term.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lummy

Interesting that you're making the point that Obama is doing so much worse in the polls yet the link you post suggests differently

"President Obama may have more to lose, in a way. His approval rating has been somewhere in the 40% range throughout September and was 44% on Monday, according to Gallup Daily tracking conducted Sept. 27-29. But Americans are slightly more likely to see President Obama as acting more responsibly than the Republican leaders in Congress in handling the budget negotiations. Thus, Obama -- like Clinton -- may end up unscathed after the shutdown ends."

Can you left wingers twist things or what? :ph34r::ph34r:

Yes, he is doing "slightly" better on the budget issues. Certainly not the huge disparity Bill suggests. Over all his approval ratings are near an all time low. Most of this negativity will be forgotten by the 2014 elections. Although, if Republicans lose even 1 seat, you left wingers will try and blame the government shutdown for it. We would expect no less. :P

Gravitymaster

Obamas approval rating is down to 41%. Keep wishing, maybe the libs can get the numbers up if they clench their fists and stomp their feet. That would be more effective than the present tactic.

He's not the one trying to get votes in 2014.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

devildog

However, thanks to gerrymandered district boundaries, that House majority actually received some 2 MILLION fewer votes than the House minority. So the GOP in the House does NOT represent the majority of the people, just the majority of the gerrymandered districts.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Been reading for a couple of hours now and it is easy to see that the blame game is not going as billvon, the Dems and Obama were hoping. Even with their lapdog media attacks on the Republicans

This weekend and early next week are going to something to watch
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Been reading for a couple of hours now and it is easy to see that the blame game is not going as billvon, the Dems and Obama were hoping. Even with their lapdog media attacks on the Republicans

This weekend and early next week are going to something to watch

I haven't looked up the numbers this morning, but weren't polls pretty much unanimously saying blame was shifted more towards the GOP on this one, particularly those members who are tea party republicans in the house? Like I said, I haven't looked at anything today or yesterday, so if those numbers are changing, then it is what it is, I guess.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

mpohl

He is still a TERRORIST, an ANARCHIST.

He softens because he can't defy the law-of-the-land. As far as I am concerned, send him to Guantanamo Bay; he probably has done more harm to the US than anyone else incarcerated there.

He and his ilks have truly turned this country into a Banana Republic. (And that includes setting one-self on fire in the National Mall.)

Let's have no mercy with them, as they have no mercy with the poor!!!!

P.S.: Let there be no doubt!!!! People die daily from lack of affordable medical care!!!!

***A hopeful sign. Dennis Ross, a Tea Party conservative, is starting to break from the Tea Party line and accept a compromise bill that focuses on the debt limit rather than Obamacare. If this continues we might get a working government back yet. (Well, at least one that's not shut down.)

=================
By Michael C. Bender

======================

You don't actually know what anarchy is do you?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun