normiss

So I went to sign up for healthcare....

normiss

Must be part of the shutdown....

**** I still suck at the in-line photo thingy****

I believe they call this foreshadowing.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Nothing.
Shut up and BOHICA.

My daughter is looking at $300 a month.
She's crying now.

Here's my latest effort:

Like I said . . .

Foreshadowing.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

My daughter is looking at $300 a month.
She's crying now.

did you tell her that if she's against this new law, she hates minorities and poor people and wants sick people to die? so stop crying and smile that people she doesn't know, and that likely would treat her horribly in person, are now being taken care with her hard work

maybe that will help

(all that is tongue in cheek - sorry for your kid, I suspect this will bring 99% of the people into a reality check of just what this 'really' means for most of us)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Humerous anecdote

I recently asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to be President of the US. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there.So I asked her, "if you were President, what would be the frist thing you would do?" She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride.

"Wow...what a worthy goal," I told her "But you don't have to wait to be President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, sweep my driveway and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and you can give him the $50 towards food and a new house."

She thought over that for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eyes and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless man just come over and do the work and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents still are not speaking to me.

# Grain-o-salt
# Not a real story
# Capitalist economy is disappearing thanks to the wellfare state
# want handouts without doing work
# continued overregulation of private industries
# Can't afford healthcare but driving new vehicle and have cable with premium channels and the newest smartphone
# Fed up
# #s are stupid

JohnnyMarko

Where are all the people having good experiences signing up?

They are hanging out with the unicorns.:)
My question is: Where are all the advocates on here?

Another would be: Why are they so silent?

Do you think there is a correlation between failure, enlightenment and the silence here?

muff528

***Where are all the people having good experiences signing up?

Sweden.

and that's not even about health care, it's just that Sweden is really nice and you can a have great experiences there in general?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Patience. :)I would expect this to take a few weeks to sort out the systems, and then a few months for people to actually start using it.
No clue on sorting out those that don't sign up at all though.

How ready is anyone here to take on a $100-$200 a month new bill that they couldn't pay now?

normiss

Patience. :)I would expect this to take a few weeks to sort out the systems, and then a few months for people to actually start using it.
No clue on sorting out those that don't sign up at all though.

How ready is anyone here to take on a $100-$200 a month new bill that they couldn't pay now?

Few weeks? You're rather optimistic. If the log in / registration is FUBAR, there's no telling what other gremlins are under the hood. This could easily take months or longer.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

rehmwa

******Where are all the people having good experiences signing up?

Sweden.

and that's not even about health care, it's just that Sweden is really nice and you can a have great experiences there in general?

No ...it was about health care. Haven't we heard how great the health care systems are in the progressive Euro-countries? I would have thought that Marko would have known that.

muff528

No ...it was about health care. Haven't we heard how great the health care systems are in the progressive Euro-countries? I would have thought that Marko would have known that.

I bet you can find a jar of TANG in Sweden

rehmwa

***No ...it was about health care. Haven't we heard how great the health care systems are in the progressive Euro-countries? I would have thought that Marko would have known that.

Powdered orange juice is highly overrated. :P

muff528

******No ...it was about health care. Haven't we heard how great the health care systems are in the progressive Euro-countries? I would have thought that Marko would have known that.

Why would you need that, there are plenty of people drinking the Obamacare kool-aid and its the best ever, right?

turtlespeed

Why would you need that, there are plenty of people drinking the Obamacare kool-aid and its the best ever, right?

no, that's made in the US. so it must suck

turtlespeed

*********No ...it was about health care. Haven't we heard how great the health care systems are in the progressive Euro-countries? I would have thought that Marko would have known that.

But, Tang is outta this world! :)

normiss

Must be part of the shutdown....

**** I still suck at the in-line photo thingy****

This Just In -

It ALMOST - Works.:|

I am an advocate of a healthcare for all system. I still am but never was in favor of the way they have decided to do it. It simply needs to be socialized. The government should use tax money to pay doctors and hospitals,

This simply should have been Medicare for all. My only hope is that they will tweak it till its gets to that point.

Also this just started today right? What program has ever started with zero issues. You guys I know you hate it but you should give it a fair chance. Then if it sucks it sucks.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

What program has ever started with zero issues. You guys I know you hate it but you should give it a fair chance. Then if it sucks it sucks.

If its being mandated by the governing body of a country and is at the heart of an incredibly sensitive and fundamental debate then it better at least LOOK like it is functioning correctly to have any credibility. We are not talking about discovering bugs in the features page or an overwhelmning volume flow preventing proper operation...we are talking simply about the log in/registration page. As of this moment it makes the people (Tea Party) that have been doing all the fear mongering and spouting anti Obamacara rhetoric look incredibly fucking right to the masses.

JohnnyMarko

Where are all the people having good experiences signing up?

People rarely shout out when things go as expected.

Apparently none of you have ever launched a new web portal before...there's a pretty long history of trouble. Aside from working out bugs of new code, there's an economics problem with scaling the infrastructure to meet day 1 demand, rather than pay for the typical demand and just let you suffer for the first few days. Government entities rarely 'waste' money ensuring that peak load will be well met.