markbdaniels

Pack of motorcyclists chase man in SUV, attack him on upper Manhattan street after fender bender

ryoder

This makes it clear that the video was edited to remove the end, since the stills were obviously taken *after* the end of the posted video, but he is till there with the camera aimed at the scene.

edited is the part where the mob members are high fiving each other, and shouting racial slurs at the slashed/beaten/unconscious newlywed and father of a one year old -

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ryoder

***There are a couple photos apparently taken at the final scene from above the street.
Note that the Land Rover is running on just a bare rim on the right front wheel.
(Click on the photos to get full size image.)

http://nypost.com/2013/10/01/cops-bust-bike-thug/

I just noticed something else:
The biker who took the video, is in the still photos, sitting on a dual-purpose bike, near the trunk of the silver car at the right, in the stills. You can see a GoPro attached to the right side of his helmet. This makes it clear that the video was edited to remove the end, since the stills were obviously taken *after* the end of the posted video, but he is till there with the camera aimed at the scene.

Maybe he works for NBC?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rehmwa

*** This makes it clear that the video was edited to remove the end, since the stills were obviously taken *after* the end of the posted video, but he is till there with the camera aimed at the scene.

edited is the part where the mob members are high fiving each other, and shouting racial slurs at the slashed/beaten/unconscious newlywed and father of a one year old -

Hopefully, he gets a subpoena for the *full* video.
It shouldn't be that hard to find him, since either he, or a buddy, posted that video online.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Squeak

***Its a shame he didn't pit maneuver some of those a-holes, the only thing that would've made that video even more awesome would've been an eighteen wheeler plowing through those mongrels.

so you think that murder by truck would be a good thing:S:S

It think it is appropriate for a man to use his vehicle as a weapon in the defense of his family. I also think the dude that is paralyzed was involved in an altercation leading up to a man defending himself and his family and thus should have no legal recourse in the court of law in bring civil action.

The driver if presented with a law suit should counter with a civil and criminal action against the motorcyclist for participating in a mob action.

I'm no Law Rocket...but as the musical say's, "He had it coming...he only has himself to blame, if you had been there... you would have done the same".

ryoder

Hopefully, he gets a subpoena for the *full* video.
It shouldn't be that hard to find him, since either he, or a buddy, posted that video online.

well, ..... yeah ..... but this is speaker's corner and I want to just pretend a scenario and then get all outraged over that scenario and act like it's the reality. OK?

Edit: and then, even if the truth comes out, I'll just stick with my version anyway and state that if I were on the jury, I'd have stuck to my theory.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Channman

It think it is appropriate for a man to use his vehicle as a weapon in the defense of his family. I also think the dude that is paralyzed was involved in an altercation leading up to a man defending himself and his family and thus should have no legal recourse in the court of law in bring civil action.

The driver if presented with a law suit should counter with a civil and criminal action against the motorcyclist for participating in a mob action.

I'm no Law Rocket...but as the musical say's, "He had it coming...he only has himself to blame, if you had been there... you would have done the same".

But we don't *know* that the injured biker was being aggressive. For example, look at the biker who took the video. Yes, he was there, but all indications were that he was never aggressive, and the stills indicate he never got off of his bike. Who know what his mindset was? He may have been appalled at what he was seeing.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

rehmwa

***Hopefully, he gets a subpoena for the *full* video.

well, ..... yeah ..... but this is speaker's corner and I want to just pretend a scenario and then get all outraged over that scenario and act like it's the reality. OK?

Edit: and then, even if the truth comes out, I'll just stick with my version anyway and state that if I were on the jury, I'd have stuck to my theory.

Well hell - you better insert a unicorn into your avatar.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

ryoder

But we don't *know* that the injured biker was being aggressive. For example, look at the biker who took the video. Yes, he was there, but all indications were that he was never aggressive, and the stills indicate he never got off of his bike. Who know what his mindset was? He may have been appalled at what he was seeing.

OK - so does the man with the new bride and one year old baby that's getting shouted at, tires slashed, threatened and attacked just sit and take it? Or does he try to escape? Or is he required to mind meld and figure out the intentions of this gang?

Who has the burden?

If the biker was hit, then he was blocking an escape route. That's the ONLY data the VICTIM/husband/father had. If he even noticed that specific person in his path. In that case, the biker was complicit, regardless of whatever the little voice in his head was telling him.

It's not even a real debate.

what's a good analogy? I'll try:

You are in the car with three of your friends, you know what they are going to do, but you do nothing and just wait in the car. They rob a bank at gunpoint and you are stuck in the car. during the chase, you get run off the road and in the accident you break your leg.

Do you have ANY recourse to sue the cop that was chasing you and your friends?

Cripes - if he was innocent as a lamb, he, as a minimum should have been away from the SUV. Or even have driven off. AS A MINIMUM. Certainly not drive right up and in the middle of the conflict.

at best, he should have departed and called the cops

heroic? try to save the family in the SUV from the mob (not expected)

rehmwa

***But we don't *know* that the injured biker was being aggressive. For example, look at the biker who took the video. Yes, he was there, but all indications were that he was never aggressive, and the stills indicate he never got off of his bike. Who know what his mindset was? He may have been appalled at what he was seeing.

OK - so does the man with the new bride and one year old baby that's getting shouted at, tires slashed, threatened and attacked just sit and take it? Or does he try to escape? Or is he required to mind meld and figure out the intentions of this gang?

Who has the burden?

If the biker was hit, then he was blocking an escape route. That's the ONLY data the VICTIM/husband/father had. If he even noticed that specific person in his path.

It's not even a real debate.

I'm not debating with you.
I'm just pointing out that most likely the thugs were a subset of the bikers.
Yes, if I had been driving the SUV, I don't see anything I would have done different, although in hindsight, deliberately taking out the pursuing bikes, might have meant fewer bikers to deal with at the final scene.

ryoder

I'm not debating with you.
Yes, if I had been driving the SUV, I don't see anything I would have done different, although in hindsight, deliberately taking out the pursuing bikes, might have meant fewer bikers to deal with at the final scene.

I completely agree.
As such, the remaining bikers I'm a bit disgusted with for other reasons then.

here's a free drink to celebrate

[TANG] + [Beer] = [beTANG]

Nataly

I wonder why the biker pulled in front of the SUV and hit the brakes??

That was this guy:
"Christopher Cruz, 28, was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless menacing and endangering the welfare of a child."

I've also found this, but can't find the referenced photo online:
"The NYPD released a photo Tuesday of two bikers who investigators said were part of the melee. One driver has a Guyana flag on the tail end of his bike and the other has a black and white design, police said."

rehmwa

***I'm not debating with you.

I completely agree.
As such, the remaining bikers I'm a bit disgusted with for other reasons then.

here's a free drink to celebrate

[TANG] + [Beer] = [beTANG]

Heh -

[Tang] + [Crap] = [Poo Tang]:D

it's surprising that there weren't numerous dents on each side and in the rear of the Rover

would have been if I was driving, leaving non-functioning bikes in the rear view mirror

Yes Officer - I was afraid for my life and I used the only reasonable means that I could think of to defend myself and my family
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

normiss

Illegal possession of a weapon in NYC?
Illegal discharge of weapon in city limits?

Yep, just one more example of government preventing a law abiding citizen from protecting themselves against criminals. In this case, this guy was lucky they stopped at giving him a severe beating. It could have turned out much, much worse.

But we don't *know* that the injured biker was being aggressive

He pulled in front of and tried to stop the SUV. That is aggressive.

For example, look at the biker who took the video. Yes, he was there, but all indications were that he was never aggressive, and the stills indicate he never got off of his bike. Who know what his mindset was? He may have been appalled at what he was seeing.

The stills WE HAVE SEEN do not show him off the bike.

But:
1. Did he turn the video over to the police?
2. Did he help identify the attackers?

Or did he just post it to youtube and kept his mouth shut about who was doing the hitting.

A few thoughts

First is that in most circumstances, a battle between motorcycles and a Land Rover will result in a victory. Several, in fact. I'm thinking of the final chase scene in Magnum Force.

Second - you really have to hand it to the NYPD for making sure that the streets are safe and clear for peaceful use.

Third - can you imagine if the SUV driver had a gun? Somebody could have gotten hurt or worse.

Fourth - when the guy starts beating on the side window with his helmet, you can faintly make out that he has Skittles. So he was innocent of all wrongdoing...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

skyjumpenfool

*** I pushed one off the road at an exit almost into a concrete divider at and exit and the others decided they didn't want to fuck with the old guy on the Harley. I'm not sure, the wind may have lifted my shirt and exposed my gun.:)

I wanna ride with you!!! Do you ride along side Kawasaki's, or am I gonna get pushed into a concrete median?? :P

Not unless you are riding like a dick and endangering my life. :)

[Reply]
Quote:
For example, look at the biker who took the video. Yes, he was there, but all indications were that he was never aggressive, and the stills indicate he never got off of his bike. Who know what his mindset was? He may have been appalled at what he was seeing.

The stills WE HAVE SEEN do not show him off the bike.

But:
1. Did he turn the video over to the police?
2. Did he help identify the attackers?

It seems pretty clear to me that the guy with the gopro participated in the chase. From the perspective of anybody else, he was part of this gang of thugs chasing the vehicle down. He stopped when the vehicle stopped. Caught up again when the SUV fled. Then stopped again.

GoPro guy better watch his ass, too, and no necessarily from the cops. Things happen to dumbasses posting a video of an extended criminal activity that identifies compatriots. The effect is no better than if he straight up snitched.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

A few thoughts

First is that in most circumstances, a battle between motorcycles and a Land Rover will result in a victory. Several, in fact. I'm thinking of the final chase scene in Magnum Force.

Second - you really have to hand it to the NYPD for making sure that the streets are safe and clear for peaceful use.

Third - can you imagine if the SUV driver had a gun? Somebody could have gotten hurt or worse.

Fourth - when the guy starts beating on the side window with his helmet, you can faintly make out that he has Skittles. So he was innocent of all wrongdoing...

Damn your good, but you missed one little observation..."Ice Tea"

>I wonder why the biker pulled in front of the SUV and hit the brakes??

Who knows?

1) to get the guy to stop so they could yell at him/batter his car a bit
2) to get better Gopro footage (be a HERO)
3) to just be dicks (it's been done to me)

Nataly

So again... Why would the biker deliberately get hit??? That is my question. No video before this act, unfortunately... So hard to say for sure what the "whole story" is... [:/]

The before parts, I didn't actually watch through all of them to see if there is a clip of just moments before the 6 min video.

DaVinci

Or did he just post it to youtube and kept his mouth shut about who was doing the hitting.

He deleted his youtube account thinking it would destroy the evidence. Thats proof enough for me on his intentions.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.