rickjump1

'Islam,' 'Muslim' censored from newspaper reports on Kenya, Pakistan attacks

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/24/islam-muslim-censored-from-newspaper-reports-on-kenya-pakistan-attacks/?cmpid=NL_morninghl "Yet on Monday, September 23, 90 percent of the top ten (via circulation numbers) daily newspapers’ headlines in the United States censored the words “Islam” and Muslim” from Nairobi and Pakistan reports. One – the New York Daily News – didn’t even have a headline for the latest Islamic terrorist attacks. That’s journalism at its finest."
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/24/islam-muslim-censored-from-newspaper-reports-on-kenya-pakistan-attacks/?cmpid=NL_morninghl "Yet on Monday, September 23, 90 percent of the top ten (via circulation numbers) daily newspapers’ headlines in the United States censored the words “Islam” and Muslim” from Nairobi and Pakistan reports. One – the New York Daily News – didn’t even have a headline for the latest Islamic terrorist attacks. That’s journalism at its finest."

Pretty good survival tactic to avoid pissing off the 'Religion of Violent Psychopaths,' I'd say.

winsor

***http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/24/islam-muslim-censored-from-newspaper-reports-on-kenya-pakistan-attacks/?cmpid=NL_morninghl "Yet on Monday, September 23, 90 percent of the top ten (via circulation numbers) daily newspapers’ headlines in the United States censored the words “Islam” and Muslim” from Nairobi and Pakistan reports. One – the New York Daily News – didn’t even have a headline for the latest Islamic terrorist attacks. That’s journalism at its finest."

Pretty good survival tactic to avoid pissing off the 'Religion of Violent Psychopaths,' I'd say......and the cultural diversity nut cases.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Its pretty standard fare in my country that when some muslim goes on a raping spree and the cops go looking for him, all the newspapers exclude the part about 'muslim immigrant' and print something really vague. Their official excuse for it is that in their minds printing facts would get all the racists worked out over nothing, since being gang raped by muslims is just cultural enlightenment that the stupid whitey can't appreciate.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

rickjump1

Maybe demonizing an entire religious group because of the actions of a few is stupid as fuck?

Maybe is was an attack by crazy people who had some fucked up rationale for doing fucked up shit, like most fucked up people do?

Wait a minute, wtf am I smoking......fuckin Islamic Terrorists, lets go get these Islamic motherfuckers and make this shit stop! Only FOX can be trusted to bring us the real fair and balanced stuff. The rest of the media is on the Islamic side, and you know what that means.... More guns, Romney 2016, Obama is a Lithuanian!

The other way of viewing this is why legitimise what is essentially a criminal act of mass murder by pandering to the psychopaths who carried it out? Al Shabab hope to spread their perverted interpretation of Islam around the world by this atrocity. The reality is they don't represent Islam or Muslims so why legitimise their crime by acknowledging that the religion or Muslims are involved in this crime. In much the same way that Anders Brevik claims to be a Christian, his mass murder in Norway had no more to do with Christianity or Christians than the Al Shabab atrocity has to do with Muslims or Islam. In fact they have more in common with each other than they do with the adherants of the faiths they both profess to represent.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Gravitymaster

Do you think the press would identify members of the Westboro Babtist Church as militant Christians, if some of their members went on a murderous, raping spree?

I think that depends on two things, 1) The political opinions of the editor and 2) If by doing so it will increase sales.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

shropshire

Because all news stories in western papers always give the religion of everyone that commits a crime[:/]

damn the new york times for censoring every story - how dare they?

This:
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Skyrad

***Do you think the press would identify members of the Westboro Babtist Church as militant Christians, if some of their members went on a murderous, raping spree?

I think that depends on two things, 1) The political opinions of the editor and 2) If by doing so it will increase sales.

How about a third reason? They are afraid they will be targeted for violence for "insulting" Islam?

I doubt it very much, if you think about it doesn't add up. a) By stating that Al Shabab is a Islamist terror group they would just be saying what Al Shabab themselves state, so they wouldn't take offence but simply agree. Secondly the aim of this attack was to generate mass media coverage, an attack on a media outlet that is giving Al Shabab the very oxygen they require and demand would be an own goal and pointless.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

The other way of viewing this is why legitimise what is essentially a criminal act of mass murder by pandering to the psychopaths who carried it out? Al Shabab hope to spread their perverted interpretation of Islam around the world by this atrocity. The reality is they don't represent Islam or Muslims so why legitimise their crime by acknowledging that the religion or Muslims are involved in this crime. In much the same way that Anders Brevik claims to be a Christian, his mass murder in Norway had no more to do with Christianity or Christians than the Al Shabab atrocity has to do with Muslims or Islam. In fact they have more in common with each other than they do with the adherants of the faiths they both profess to represent.

This line of thinking would carry more weight if the "peaceful" Islamic leaders would publicly denounce and distance themselves from the extremists.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Darius11

***Because all news stories in western papers always give the religion of everyone that commits a crime[:/]

damn the new york times for censoring every story - how dare they?

This:

If someone commits a crime for other than religious reasons, their religion isn't relevant.

Read carefully folks. The Fox article says "headlines" didn't include "Islam" or "Muslim". In fact, many of the articles did. I read a bunch of articles from around the world. The typical headline was something like "69 Dead In Mall Attack", "Kenyan President Speaks About Mall Attack", etc.
In most cases, you had to go two or three sentences into the article to get details like "...Islamic militant group Al-Shabbab...".
Here's an example from the New York Times:
headline - Militant Group Attacks Kenyan Border Town
first sentence of article - The Islamic extremist group that killed scores of people at a Nairobi mall attacked two Kenyan towns near the Somali border, killing three people.
Another example of how the gullible can be duped by careful wording. Sort of like "95% of doctors in our survey recommend our snake oil".
You don't have to outrun the bear.

They have time and time again,some one mentions

Islamic leaders would publicly denounce and distance themselves from the extremists.

this you get posted link after link after link.

But some how the Islamic leaders distancing them selves and denouncing the action never ends up on FOX news.....go figure

Darius11

They have time and time again,some one mentions

Islamic leaders would publicly denounce and distance themselves from the extremists.

this you get posted link after link after link.

But some how the Islamic leaders distancing them selves and denouncing the action never ends up on FOX news.....go figure

I'm talking something larger: either kick the radicals out of Islam entirely, or if there is no way to do it, the "peaceful" ones can regroup under a new name like in other religions such as Judaism or Christianity.

I'm talking something larger: either kick the radicals out of Islam entirely, or if there is no way to do it, the "peaceful" ones can regroup under a new name like in other religions such as Judaism or Christianity.

First there is no form that every Muslims gets that’s says hey if you’re an extremists check here.:S

second, Why would they switch to another religion that is even more violent than the one there in now.
A million people dead in Iraq because of a very Christian presidents lies. Not to mention how violent this christian society is. Do you read the news?

Your suggestions is retarded beyond belief. I am assuming they were jokes. :|

rickjump1

Brilliant marketing!

It will get most right wingers frothing at the mouth about the liberal media and will further solidify in their minds that Fox is the only truely fair and balanced news outlet.

rickjump1

Holy shit, they were Muslims!?!

That is beyond idiotic.

We realize you hate Christianity and religion as a whole, but to say there is a religious group more violent right now than Islamic extremists is insane imo. They kill because of their religion. Bush didn't go into Iraq screaming "praise Jesus or all you motherfuckers will burn!" :S

Please enlighten us to some of this christian violence you so frequently read about. And no, a person with a christian background committing aggrevated theft is NOT the same thing as a muslim extremist killing because his god told him to do so.

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

linebckr83

That is beyond idiotic.

We realize you hate Christianity and religion as a whole, but to say there is a religious group more violent right now than Islamic extremists is insane imo. They kill because of their religion. Bush didn't go into Iraq screaming "praise Jesus or all you motherfuckers will burn!" :S

Please enlighten us to some of this christian violence you so frequently read about. And no, a person with a christian background committing aggrevated theft is NOT the same thing as a muslim extremist killing because his god told him to do so.

As far as I have read, the attack on the mall in Kenya was in response to Kenya's military involvement in Somalia.

I don't think religion even plays a primary role in this attack, other than that they supposedly wanted to try and spare those of a similar religion. Are we even sure that report is 100% correct at this point?

Hence, stating that they killed because of their religion appears to be unfounded in this case.