RonD1120

BHO's bogus birth certificate revisited

rehmwa

But you didn't see that I already wrote that, else you didn't finish the thread before you composed that last post, or decided you were on a roll and posted regardless. no biggie - it's S.O.P. for many posters

And you didn't read Ron's post properly before calling out Don for his reply, so if I were you I'd call it even and move on;)

hey, just because we wasted a little bandwidth on both accounts....

have a good weekendAnd you as well.

Don

rehmwa

***It sounds like the "former status" he's looking for is one where being a white male automatically gets you more power than being anything else.

Wendy P.

A speech that talks about the erosion of individuality, personal freedoms, the PC takeover of societal questions. etc would ring true with many.

He really loses reasonable people when trying to tie that argument to his clear personal biases.

And it unfairly links those that do want to discuss those topics to people that are so clearly biased in non-related areas.

But this guy's note really doesn't fit the mold when he opens up that way. It's hard to give any credibility to the thing when he's grumbling in such a way.

it turned me off too, immediately

I posted the USMC Email as I received it. Even the parenthetical comment at the top came from the guy that sent it to me. I make such posts to evaluate the responses.

In this situation, as with many previous posts, the responders in SC never see the main problem which is, IMO, about half of the people in the country are living with a boiling anger. When they try to express their anger they are put down in such a condescending manner they only become more angry. The message is usually something along the lines, you are too stupid and prejudiced to have a valid opinion and you have no right to be angry.

Thanks to all for providing me with the feedback.

Oh, and prepare for SHTF. It will come from more than one source or direction.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I posted the USMC Email as I received it. Even the parenthetical comment at the top came from the guy that sent it to me. I make such posts to evaluate the responses.

So you admit to being nothing but a troll.

If you consistently copy/post intentionally inflammatory material just to get a response, and even include language to indicate you personally agree with the ideas in the posting, you can't claim to be surprised when the people you are targeting get the idea that those posts do in fact reflect your beliefs. If you troll time and again with similar material, always pretending the ideas are yours or that you agree with them, who is to blame if people get the idea that those really are your beliefs?

Here is the problem with your behavior. In the end nobody can be sure of who you are, what you believe, or if anything you have ever posted is true or reflects anything about what you believe. You have always portrayed yourself as an older gentleman with strong born-again Christian beliefs, who found an occupation as a substance abuse councilor after being "saved" from a self destructive life when you found Jesus. Now we don't know. Is that all just a fiction, created to "evaluate the responses"? Do you really live in North Georgia and Florida, and like to ride your motorcycle, or are you just a bored inmate in a federal prison in Utah? We have no way to know.

Even the parenthetical comment at the top came from the guy that sent it to me.

Yet there is no way for anyone other than you to know this. So now we have two choices, neither of them reflecting well on you. Either you do agree with the reprehensible statements in your post, or you included the "I can't argue with any of it" statement to intentionally deceive readers of your post, which makes you a liar. Which one is it?

Don

GeorgiaDon

So you admit to being nothing but a troll.

If you consistently copy/post intentionally inflammatory material just to get a response, and even include language to indicate you personally agree with the ideas in the posting, you can't claim to be surprised when the people you are targeting get the idea that those posts do in fact reflect your beliefs. If you troll time and again with similar material, always pretending the ideas are yours or that you agree with them, who is to blame if people get the idea that those really are your beliefs?

Here is the problem with your behavior. In the end nobody can be sure of who you are, what you believe, or if anything you have ever posted is true or reflects anything about what you believe. You have always portrayed yourself as an older gentleman with strong born-again Christian beliefs, who found an occupation as a substance abuse councilor after being "saved" from a self destructive life when you found Jesus. Now we don't know. Is that all just a fiction, created to "evaluate the responses"? Do you really live in North Georgia and Florida, and like to ride your motorcycle, or are you just a bored inmate in a federal prison in Utah? We have no way to know.

Even the parenthetical comment at the top came from the guy that sent it to me.

Yet there is no way for anyone other than you to know this. So now we have two choices, neither of them reflecting well on you. Either you do agree with the reprehensible statements in your post, or you included the "I can't argue with any of it" statement to intentionally deceive readers of your post, which makes you a liar. Which one is it?

Don

You are quite correct. Sometimes I post on the spur of the moment because, well because. I need to stop using SC for therapy. However, you and I both know that regardless of what I post, I am a target of opportunity. It is difficult for me to avoid the temptation of playing with that.

I do not live in FL any longer. Yep, I am your northern neighbor.

We, America that is, are in the final stages of our way of life. BHO is not the cause but he is a main player. He is a phony puppet created for the position he holds. I saw it coming in 2003. I told my wife, this man will be president.

Prophecy began to manifest on 9/11. I know you and most others here are not looking at the signs. I keep reading and studying. So, I guess the question for me is, should I bother to share?

The Lord sent me back into the sport parachute community to share the gospel in 1964. He hasn't instructed me to leave that path. We shall see what we shall see.

Prepare yourself for SHTF.

2 Corinthians:12 For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. 13 We, however, will not boast beyond measure, but within the limits of the sphere which God appointed us—a sphere which especially includes you.

PS. Everyone here is a troll in one way or another. I am a Christian troll.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

PPS. You chose not to respond to the point of my post.

>In this situation, as with many previous posts, the responders in SC never see the main problem which is, IMO, about half of the people in the country are living with a boiling anger.<

This is an example of what I am talking about.

If you look at the demographics of America, it may be that half of them are boiling with anger, but the sources won't be consistent. I.e. dispossessed-feeling white males, who used to only have to compete against other white males, don't make up 50% of the country, even with their (generally white female) supporters.

Looking at the Wikipedia US Demographics page shows that non-Latino whites make up 63% of America as of the 2000 census. I doubt all of them feel dispossessed.

It may well be that over 50% of the people you associate with feel angry. However, if you choose to associate with like-minded people, that's not very surprising.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

In this situation, as with many previous posts, the responders in SC never see the main problem which is, IMO, about half of the people in the country are living with a boiling anger.

First, what would have been your response if someone had said that to you during the Bush years? Would you have been concerned, and tried to understand what the cause of the discontent was, or would you have just dismissed it as liberal whining? Be honest now.

Second, no they're not. if you think that guy (or yourself) represents half the country you're sadly mistaken.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

wmw999

It may well be that over 50% of the people you associate with feel angry. However, if you choose to associate with like-minded people, that's not very surprising.

Wendy P.

You have a valid point. Here in the SC is the only place where I associate with people who do not think like me. Well, some in Facebook also. In FB I unfriend them if I get too irritated.

Life is too short to spend very much time interacting with progressives and liberals. I am the most comfortable with Christians, alcohol and substance abusers.

wmw999

If you look at the demographics of America, it may be that half of them are boiling with anger, but the sources won't be consistent. I.e. dispossessed-feeling white males, who used to only have to compete against other white males, don't make up 50% of the country, even with their (generally white female) supporters.

you've clearly identified the terribly biased statement that plays into political bumper sticker type rhetoric, Wendy. But then go forward and miss the point, I think

I don't know about 'boiling with anger', but certainly there is a large percentage of all demographics that are very concerned with unequal treatment created solely by political posturing that has a real affect on all citizens. To minimize it by unfairly calling a manufactured demographic as being the sole petty or unreasoning group is dismissive in a very patronizing way.

I would give the credit to one of Ron's statements though (before the tangent), that people are terrible at expressing their concerns. And, though trying understand the root of their concerns would be productive, most of the time, they get stereotyped and attacked due to the poor presentation of their frustration. Clarity is not demanded, just attacks and shutdowns. It's kind of sad. One, that people won't take the time express themselves better in more productive ways. Two, that others won't try to be the bigger person and work a little bit to find out what's really underneath.

Pretty much, nasty stereotypes just get attacked by reverse nasty stereotypes and nothing gets done. It's a bit sad. I think it's less true bias, and more just excessive laziness that eventually festers into more shallow biases over time - easier to blame this group, or that party, than it is to try to see past that and figure out the real issue.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

jakee

First, what would have been your response if someone had said that to you during the Bush years? Would you have been concerned, and tried to understand what the cause of the discontent was, or would you have just dismissed it as liberal whining? Be honest now.

^^^^ my point. and it's done across the board, isn't it? and not just on a partisan basis.

My difficulty when seeing it on both sides is trying to figure out who is doing it sincerely (needs help and insight) vs those that just do it knowingly and obtusely (typical partisan hacks and trolls and those pressing their agenda).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Your points in the above two posts are very well stated and I agree with you. That was the basis of my comment to GeorgiaDon about using the SC for therapy. The environment lends itself to venting and intellectual gaming more than it does to learning and growth.

RonD1120

Your points in the above two posts are very well stated and I agree with you.

I wasn't necessarily sticking up for you. Just posting an article without comment is a recipe for unfounded assumptions about your intent. JohnRich did it all the time and it's, frankly, a bit frustrating and unnecessary.

at a minimum "I haven't yet formed an opinion on the above and was just wondering if anyone here has something productive to take from it" might even help the cause.

But that marine's letter was horrible and I don't see it taking off in any way. Maybe his base message ws "I'm unemployed and my friends are too and I'm frustrated" but it really came off as a horribly biased whinefest with not real intent to be anything but showcasing a crappy stereotyping individual.

(I'm not sure what to do about your tangent and an acronym I don't recognize, I'm just ignoring it for now like a good and loyal apathetic agnostic)

I was putting the demographic assumption back to his post forwarding the Marine's comments. Your broadening it is entirely valid.

I couldn't agree more that plenty of people are mad at Congress -- they're mad for different reasons, some of them mutually incompatible.

Pretty much, nasty stereotypes just get attacked by reverse nasty stereotypes and nothing gets done. It's a bit sad. I think it's less true bias, and more just excessive laziness that eventually festers into more shallow biases over time - easier to blame this group, or that party, than it is to try to see past that and figure out the real issue.

Nailed it.

Doesn't it just suck when people don't get mad and all attack-y back at you :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I was putting the demographic assumption back to his post forwarding the Marine's comments. Your broadening it is entirely valid.

I couldn't agree more that plenty of people are mad at Congress -- they're mad for different reasons, some of them mutually incompatible.

Nailed it.

Wendy P.

Have you ever noticed that this group here (Wont say which one) :Puses congress as a whole when they want to point out something bad, the senate when they want to separate the two and the HOR is called "Congress" when they want to equate to something bad or malicious?

Or is that just me?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***I was putting the demographic assumption back to his post forwarding the Marine's comments. Your broadening it is entirely valid.

Nailed it.

Wendy P.

Have you ever noticed that this group here (Wont say which one) :Puses congress as a whole when they want to point out something bad, the senate when they want to separate the two and the HOR is called "Congress" when they want to equate to something bad or malicious?

Or is that just me?

Approval ratings in the opinion polls don't usually separate the HoR from the Senate when showing that Congress's rating is worse than dismal.

www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/politics/cnn-poll-congress-approval/

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

News break! Not only is he a foreigner Muslim terrorist, he's actually gay, too!

=============
'UnskewedPolls' Founder: Barack Obama Is 'Actually' Gay
TPM-Livewire
I. Bobic
OCTOBER 1, 2013, 5:58 PM

The conservative activist who gained fame during the 2012 election for "unskewing" polls favorable to Barack Obama explained this weekend his newest revelation: the president is "actually" gay.

Dean Chambers, founder of UnSkewedPolls.com wrote in the Examiner that Newsweek got it wrong when it ran a cover praising Obama for his evolution on gay marriage last year. Obama was not "basically" the nation's first gay president for his progressive stance on the issue, but actually so.

"I do believe that Barack Obama is in fact our first gay president," he wrote. "But I believe this for entirely different reasons. I believe the man actually is gay. Don't tell me his marriage to Michelle and having two children disproves that he's gay."

In the article, Chambers cites various conspiracy theories claiming to show Barack Obama's closeted life in Chicago as a state senator. He takes it even a step further, however, in defending Obama's Christian faith by arguing that people of Muslim faith "are known to stone someone for being gay."
============

PhreeZone

Just in case anyone had forgot the search is still on to prove this is a fake : http://conservativepost.com/bombshell-new-evidence-that-obamas-birth-certificate-is-100-fake/

How many years and the search is still on....

I received these questions in an email the other day regarding BHO's birth certificate.

4 Simple Questions .....

1. Back in 1961 people of color were called 'Negroes’. So how can the Obama 'birth certificate' state he is "African-American" when the term wasn't even used at that time ?

2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as August 4, 1961 and lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, Right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and that Obama's father was born in "Kenya, East Africa".

This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. How could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet Exist ?

Up and until Kenya was formed in 1963, it was known as the "British East Africa Protectorate".

3. On the Birth Certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital".

This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively.

The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. How can this particular name of the hospital be on a birth certificate dated 1961 if this name had not yet been applied to it until 1978?

Why hasn't this been discussed in the major media?

4. Perhaps a clue comes from Obama's book on his father. He states how proud he is of his father fighting in WW II. I'm not a math genius, so I may need some help from you. Barack Obama's "birth certificate" says his father was 25 years old in 1961 when Obama was born. That should
Have put his father's date of birth approximately 1936 - if my math holds. Now we need a non-revised history book-one that hasn't been altered to satisfy the author's' goals-to verify that WW II was basically between 1939 and
1945. Just how many 3 year olds fight in wars? Even in the latest stages of WW II his father wouldn't have been more than 9 years old. Does that mean that Mr. Obama is a liar, or simply chooses to alter the facts to satisfy his imagination or political purposes?

I'm pretty sure BHO is going to get away with it all. But maybe, just maybe, we can keep HRC out of the White House.

It is getting more difficult to maintain belief in a government of the people, for the people and by the people.

billvon

>I'm pretty sure BHO is going to get away with it all.

The more important question is - will Ted Cruz? I heard he wasn't even born in the US, and his father was a Castro-worshiping communist.

Some citizens of the US would consider that political-bent to be mainstream Canadian anyway.

Some of us up here are holding out hope for Mr. Cruz to win. After all, we think it would be way cool to have one of us living in the house we burned down.

;)