wmw999

Which would you rather have be smaller?

I keep hearing about how government needs to be reduced (at least the part that we don't use). How about other common targets -- do they wield too much power?

Personally, I'm not sure that the banking & finance companies don't have so much power that we're scared of them as a country and a world. Most governments seem to give them whatever they want.

Industry/companies & the military are also periodic targets that people want to shrink. Yeah, I know that the military is part of the government, but it's my poll.

Edited to add: Extra credit (whatever that means) if you post something in the thread about which you pick and why. Thanks Yoink

I put boobies in there because it's mandatory, and because this is one poll where probably no one wants to shrink them :ph34r:.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Someone wants smaller boobies???:o

I'll admit, the smaller ones age better with less droop, but I'm just shocked they actually got a vote.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Someone wants smaller boobies???:o

I'll admit, the smaller ones age better with less droop, but I'm just shocked they actually got a vote.

Must have been Bignugget.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Someone wants smaller boobies???:o

Must have been Bignugget.:|

LMFAO!!!

You owe me a keyboard as mine now has coffee all over it!!!

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

yoink

I think you'll get a biased answer in this forum...

Personally, I've gone with finance and banking. The untouchable secret government who run the world.

Hmm

If she had posted the FED (kind of related to your point) I would agree
Abraham Lincoln

I do think we'll get a lot of "government" types, but I'm kind of curious about the others. I went with finance and banking too; they do seem to be holding so much hostage.

Just because an entity can make money doesn't make it good, or even OK.

I also think the answer is dynamic, and that it changes with time and what's going on in the world. There isn't a perfect answer, because the world isn't unchanging.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I do think we'll get a lot of "government" types, but I'm kind of curious about the others. I went with finance and banking too; they do seem to be holding so much hostage.

Just because an entity can make money doesn't make it good, or even OK.

I also think the answer is dynamic, and that it changes with time and what's going on in the world. There isn't a perfect answer, because the world isn't unchanging.

Wendy P.

I had to go with Government, as the IRS is about to swamp the scales.

Their budget will be orders of magnitude above the GDP of most countries in the world.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I went with less government
That said, I am NOT in favor of removing all oversite

But there is too much gov intrusion today
Abraham Lincoln

When you consider that our GDP is more than 25% of of the rest of the world combined, then it's really not surprising that our IRS would also be larger.

Ya know, Houston's tax collections are larger than those of Cut-n-Shoot, too

Wendy P.

wmw999

When you consider that our GDP is more than 25% of of the rest of the world combined, then it's really not surprising that our IRS would also be larger.

Wendy P.

I would wager that Russia's version of the IRS is quite small comparatively.

I have looked - but I cant seem to find anything on the operating costs of any individual countries' version of the IRS. Or even for the IRS.

Either way it needs to have about a 75% cutback.:)

yoink

I think you'll get a biased answer in this forum...

Personally, I've gone with finance and banking. The untouchable secret government who run the world.

When an airliner crashes there's a major investigation and the responsible parties get to foot the bill and compensate the victims.

When the economy crashed the bankers who caused it just walked off with big bonuses.

content.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20130923,00.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'll admit when I read the title I thought it was going to be either boobies or bums and I was thinking I don't want either of those to be smaller on me. :PThen I realized it was SC. I vote for smaller government.

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

wmw999

Wendy P.

the size of a country and it's economy may contribute to the size of a tax collection agency. But how about having a smaller (simpler) tax code??

and smaller boobies generally have more sensitive nipples. Gotta find a happy medium though
--
Rob

The military: Its more than 50% of what the government spends. It does ZERO good for the U.S. (with the exception of the people who make an income at war). It is the cause of many problems that it is then later utilized to attempted to solve. It’s a never ending loop that basically make millions/billions for military contractors and companies, and keeps people employed.

Banks need regulation and minimum prison terms. You shouldn’t be able to pay your way out of punishment for a crime. There size is not an issue they don't run on my taxes (yes i know bail out)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

The military: Its more than 50% of what the government spends.

no......that's not the right number at all......if you use all the generally accepted ways to group up costs

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Darius11

The military: Its more than 50% of what the government spends. It does ZERO good for the U.S. (with the exception of the people who make an income at war). It is the cause of many problems that it is then later utilized to attempted to solve. It’s a never ending loop that basically make millions/billions for military contractors and companies, and keeps people employed.

Banks need regulation and minimum prison terms. You shouldn’t be able to pay your way out of punishment for a crime. There size is not an issue they don't run on my taxes (yes i know bail out)

tell that to the people in colorado who just got flown out of the flood zone in military choppers...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Wow great example I guess your right :S we don't waist trillions of dollars on military shit that does nothing but make us enemies, because some dude got a ride on a chopper. My point is now invalid and all the trillions of dollars spent in Iraq Afghanistan is money well spent.

I am so happy you made your point, cause it takes such talent to point out exceptions.......................Here's a cookie

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

Wow great example I guess your right :S we don't waist trillions of dollars on military shit that does nothing but make us enemies, because some dude got a ride on a chopper. My point is now invalid and all the trillions of dollars spent in Iraq Afghanistan is money well spent.

I am so happy you made your point, cause it takes such talent to point out exceptions.......................Here's a cookie

or during katrina, or during (put your tragedy here)...

It's not like it's just one exception. Or even one/year...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

kallend

***I think you'll get a biased answer in this forum...

When an airliner crashes there's a major investigation and the responsible parties get to foot the bill and compensate the victims.

When the economy crashed the bankers who caused it just walked off with big bonuses.

content.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20130923,00.html

I agree with both of you. i could expand but i have a meeting with the Republican Party and the Koch Bros. Same topic as always. we are discussing how we can increase the wealth gap through criminal acts all the while not getting caught and reaping a nice bonus. Its almost too easy but sure beats working for a living.

All true.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante