I can't wait to see Mr Rocket's take on the matter!:D

I was *just* thinking that!! :ph34r::ph34r:
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

ryoder

I can't wait to see Mr Rocket's take on the matter!:D

My take? Moving to Kentucky is a damned good reason to lose custody.

And while this situation is the worst I've seen of, I've had some that were almost as bad. Usually it's one side walking on the other. But this one is both.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's what lawyers do.

I once had a client, female, married to a very prominent attorney in Tampa. She came for counseling because her husband was a control freak, constantly testing and playing mind games with her. All interactions were a debate. She stated he could not engage in honest 1:1, I/you conversation. Since he refused to attend joint sessions I could only help her reach the decision to stay or leave the marriage.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

[Reply]
It's what lawyers do.

So stereotyping is what all counselors do? Lawyers, of all people, should KNOW BETTER. They are law professors. Thus they aren't in there every day seeing the human cost that this conduct takes on everyone.

You don't have to be a lawyer to be a self-centered egotistical prick. Hey, I got a divorce from a divorce attorney. A damned good one. And it was rough. It was hard. For 18 months after the divorce we were not liking each other much. And for the last year we've gotten along better than we have in the last six years. I've moved on. So has she. Maybe it took divorcing each other to stay friends. And no, I have nothing at all bad to say about the mother of two of my kids. No, I do not blame her for the divorce.

Going through a divorce was a personal test of everything I believe in. Advocating staying out of court. And not playing that fucked up game with my kids' lives (and my life) that we play with the lives of others.

These two are doing it to each other? Why? They probably don't even know. I doubt they have the collective insight.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

masterrig

Too much money and over-sized egos. With a driving desire to 'win' and come out on top. To me, that's not in line with what a 'reasonable man' (person) would do. At least it hasn't come to the point of murder.

Chuck

This is why I avoid divorce law. It's the same reason why I decided not to go into politics, even at the local level: in each case, all too often, Goal Number One is fucking-over the other person, no matter the consequence. No thanks.

Andy9o8

***Too much money and over-sized egos. With a driving desire to 'win' and come out on top. To me, that's not in line with what a 'reasonable man' (person) would do. At least it hasn't come to the point of murder.

Chuck

This is why I avoid divorce law. It's the same reason why I decided not to go into politics, even at the local level: in each case, all too often, Goal Number One is fucking-over the other person, no matter the consequence. No thanks.

Wait - I thought you were looking forward to Gay marriage because it added to the divorce case load.

"Its a win-win." I believe you said.

Were you lying then or are you lying now?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Andy9o8

***Too much money and over-sized egos. With a driving desire to 'win' and come out on top. To me, that's not in line with what a 'reasonable man' (person) would do. At least it hasn't come to the point of murder.

Chuck

As my attorney told me before my first divorce; "It gets down to the Donny Osmond records!"

Chuck

turtlespeed

Wait - I thought you were looking forward to Gay marriage because it added to the divorce case load.

"Its a win-win." I believe you said.

Were you lying then or are you lying now?

more gay marriage case work means fewer lawyers competing for the work he wants to do. Definitely win-win.

No doubt there are some who enjoy the fucking each other over work.