normiss

Verdict reached

I am pretty much convinced it will be a kangaroo court. He will get maximum sentence.

+1

He should get a medal, but we don't like it when the world sees our soldiers not only murder innocent people but also seemed to enjoy it.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

I am pretty much convinced it will be a kangaroo court. He will get maximum sentence.

+1

He should get a medal, but we don't like it when the world sees our soldiers not only murder innocent people but also seemed to enjoy it.

He would get a medal from me. But standing up to the state is usually bad for your health.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

How can he claim he didn't intend to aid the enemies of the US when he didn't even know what he was leaking? At least Snowden looked at everything he released. Manning gave something like 750,000 pages, right? Everything from available intel, sources, quiet allies, strategy pages, AARs, and state dept cables? How can you claim to only want to blow the whistle on evil deeds when you give out everything you can get your hands on without even eyeballing it?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

kelpdiver

***Bradley Manning

Dollar up / dollar down?

I'm going with down - and he gets life.

it's not like he had denied most of the charges made. The only point of the trial was to determine the penalty aspect. 20->life.

He's guaranteed at least twenty years for the charges to which he already plead guilty, right? I doubt he'll manage a not-guilty to all counts at court martial. Does anyone think he'll only get more twenty year counts served concurrently?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I'm going to go out on a stretch and say there will be some "consecutive" sentences that will keep him behind bars for 40 years or so.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Kennedy

He's guaranteed at least twenty years for the charges to which he already plead guilty, right? I doubt he'll manage a not-guilty to all counts at court martial. Does anyone think he'll only get more twenty year counts served concurrently?

My understanding was that he plead to charges that could get up to 20 years, not a minimum.

fossg

There were a few humint sources who were compromised and killed, along with their families. The traitorous bastard needs to be held accountable>:(

Ahem . . . let's do Karl Rove first.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

normiss

174 years is a win???
:|

Yes a win for freedom for what I specifically quoted in bold.
If they could have convicted him for adding the enemy for making information public that would have great ramifications for really any reporting in time of war that the government didn’t like.

quade

***There were a few humint sources who were compromised and killed, along with their families. The traitorous bastard needs to be held accountable>:(

Ahem . . . let's do Karl Rove first.

I'm good with that!;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

I don't see it that way.

I don't think there was any evidence that he willfully aided the enemy, and that's what the charge would require to convict.

That’s what the prosecutors were trying to do, I am sure hind sight yes every one NOW is sure that wouldn’t have happened.

If you asked me 10 years ago if we would ever kill American citizens without a trail, detain Americans without their rights I would have said no way, but now we know.

Good to have something go the right way at least a bit. Wish the kid was free, but glad for all of us that charge didn't stick.

Hypothetical situation...

How would people feel if he had installed a network card connected to the internet and an FTP server on his machine with no password, pointed the root to the root of the network shares he had access to, and then posted the login information on reddit?

champu

Hypothetical situation...

How would people feel if he had installed a network card connected to the internet and an FTP server on his machine with no password, pointed the root to the root of the network shares he had access to, and then posted the login information on reddit?

the login would need to be read only to keep this hypothetical in line. No ability to delete, alter, or execute DoS by filling it with random shit.

kelpdiver

***Hypothetical situation...

the login would need to be read only to keep this hypothetical in line. No ability to delete, alter, or execute DoS by filling it with random shit.

Aye, read only privledges for the public account. I should have been more clear.