Darius11

Why is it acknowledging scientific facts, and Natural differences makes you racist, or sexist?

I don’t know what turtle means, but this is my take.

All things have positive and negatives.

If a person discusses the negatives of being gay, or homosexuality he is almost always labeled a bigot.
Talk about the positives and you’re enlightened.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

DanG

I was, of course, exaggerating. Sorry.

So what did you mean when you said:

If it is accepted that Gays are born that way, then you call attention to it, you are a homophobe or a bigot.

Just by the simple fact of bringing it up in conversation.

Evidently it is taboo.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If a person discusses the negatives of being gay, or homosexuality he is almost always labeled a bigot.

Examples, please. I greatly disagree, but maybe I don't know what you're refering to.

Of course, if one of the "negatives" is that being gay is a sign of devil possession and will surely result in going to hell, then maybe the bigot label fits.

- Dan G

Just by the simple fact of bringing it up in conversation.

Evidently it is taboo.

Are you seriously saying that anyone who mentions that gays are born gay gets labeled a bigot?

If so, you are full of it, and I suspect you know it.

- Dan G

DanG

Examples, please. I greatly disagree, but maybe I don't know what you're refering to.

Of course, if one of the "negatives" is that being gay is a sign of devil possession and will surely result in going to hell, then maybe the bigot label fits.

So what you claim is that almost all Muslims are Bigots.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If they say that being gay is evil, then yes, they are. So are Christians, Jews, and FSMers if that's what they think.

Care to answer my question about people saying gays are born that way being labeled bigots?

- Dan G

DanG

If they say that being gay is evil, then yes, they are. So are Christians, Jews, and FSMers if that's what they think.

Care to answer my question about people saying gays are born that way being labeled bigots?

You seem to be the only one that is having issues understanding.

I'm saying that just bringing up the conversation regardless of your position, is Taboo.

Everyone knows god hates gays........:PJust kidding I am not homophobic at all.

I honestly can only think of positive things that comes from being gay, mainly when it comes to population control, but I am sure there has to be some negatives as nothing is all positive.

I might have talked out of my ass on that one, i cant think of one negative thing.......hmmmmmmmmmm someone jump in and help.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

Everyone knows god hates gays........:PJust kidding I am not homophobic at all.

I honestly can only think of positive things that comes from being gay, mainly when it comes to population control, but I am sure there has to be some negatives as nothing is all positive.

I might have talked out of my ass on that one, i cant think of one negative thing.......hmmmmmmmmmm someone jump in and help.

Homosexuals (male and female), by a wide margin, have a much higher promiscuity rate (average number of sexual partners) than their hetero counterparts. Take that for what you will.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

turtlespeed

You seem to be the only one that is having issues understanding.

I'm saying that just bringing up the conversation regardless of your position, is Taboo.

I'm going to echo Dan's confusion here: what exact situation are you talking about?

'Just bringing up the conversation' creates an amusing image of a bunch of turtles standing around a water cooler when one of them says "hey, what about all those guys being born gay, huh?" which would probably be quite a surprise but otherwise... what?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>I know you can adopt and that’s your kid but in reality and in genetic terms it’s not.

In reality it is. In genetic terms it's not.

(If you really want to bake your noodle, consider the case, not uncommon nowadays, where kids have three biological parents - the sperm donor, the egg donor and the surrogate. Who are the child's biological parents?)

>For woman: would it be wrong to say woman should not fly a high stress flight when
>they going trough PMS?

For men: would it be wrong to say men should not fly a high stress flight when they just saw an attractive woman? It's a well known fact that men can't think straight in such situations.

>I think in a good world everyone should be equal, however I think saying everyone is
>the same is just stupid.

No one is the same. However, at least here in the US, everyone has equal _opportunities._ That's a very big difference.

There is nothing that will make you as strong as a professional athlete or as smart as Richard Feynmann. Thinking that you should be equal to them in those ways is foolish. However, you do have the same OPPORTUNITIES that they do to go to school, get a job, raise a family, or fly a plane. That's the important part.

Darius11

...if you say a mans mind is better suited for math you’re an ass hole, and everyone mention the ONE female math PhD they read about in some article.

I'm unaware of any physiological or pyschological factors that would make men better at math than women. As far as I know, the differences are entirely social and educational...women are taught that they're not as capable at math, and that math is "men's work", and many of them accept it either consciously or sub-consciously, thus rendering it a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

devildog

Homosexuals (male and female), by a wide margin, have a much higher promiscuity rate (average number of sexual partners) than their hetero counterparts. Take that for what you will.

Care to offer some proof of that?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

DanG

Do you think that if GZ is found not guilty, there's a good chance that blacks will riot?

Do you think that if GZ is found not guilty, there's a good chance that blacks will riot?

I don't know, but I know if some blacks riot it doesn't mean that blacks are genetically predisposed to violence. If that's what you think, then you are a bigot.

- Dan G

wolfriverjoe

***Homosexuals (male and female), by a wide margin, have a much higher promiscuity rate (average number of sexual partners) than their hetero counterparts. Take that for what you will.

Care to offer some proof of that?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=homosexual+promiscuity

Here. Take your pick. You can find people supporting the claim. People refuting it. And everyone in between.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

DanG

I don't know, but I know if some blacks riot it doesn't mean that blacks are genetically predisposed to violence. If that's what you think, then you are a bigot.

Don't hurt yourself jumping to those conclusions. Thanks for proving what some of us have been saying. A shining example.

Obviously, there are differences between races and genders. Obviously, each will have strengths as well as weaknesses when compared to each other. Obviously, those general differences will not hold in each individual case.

The problem comes in applying the generalizations to specific cases. It is easy for a person to place everyone from certain division into a generalized category. It takes more effort to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the individual. And, people are often lazy.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.